3.1

After they had left the cemetery they all went back to John B's to see what was in the package Big John left for John B

After they had left the cemetery they all went back to John B's to see what was in the package Big John left for John B. JJ was putting peanut butter on moldy bread not listening to everyone warning him not to eat it. Emery sat on the counter next to him amused by the boys silly antics.

"The bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope said holding a lantern, the power had yet to come on for the cut while the kooks were living with full bars.

"I'll just pull of the bad parts. And plus mold is good for you, it's a natural organism." JJ said trying to fix the bread as quickly as he could.

"Oh, handsome, that's not how it works." Emery said jumping off the counter and messing with the boys hair. In response, he turned around and stuck his tongue out at the girl.

"JJ, Em!" Kie yelled.

"Yep. Let's do it." JJ said running over putting his arm around the girl.

John B started to open the package. They were all waiting in anticipation to see what was inside the package. They knew that it had to be something good if they went through all this trouble to find it. Emery looked over to see JJ's face turn into disgust after taking a bite out of the sandwich. He slid his arm off the girl, and gagged at the taste.

"Told ya." Emery whispered to him as he came back over and re-wrapped his arm around the giirl.

John B had taken a map out of the package and was looking over it carefully. Everyone leaned over to see it in more detail.

"What, holy, what?" Emery said looking over the map.

"X marks the spot." Pope pointed to the map.

Emery was looking over the map and looking at all the writing. She understood most of it, but she felt overwhelmed at all the knowledge on that one map alone.

"Longitude and latitude. There's something else in there." John B said pulling out a tape recorder. He stared at it, almost scared to know what he would hear.

"What is that?" JJ said. Emery rolled her eyes at his stupidity.

"It's a tape recorder." Kie said just as amused as Emery was.

John B pressed play on the tape recorder. Big Johns voice filled all of their ears as he spoke to John B from a recording.

"Dear Bird, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. I got the gold man. I suspect in this moment your filled with self loathe from out last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet kid. I didn't expect to find the merchant either."

Everyone looked at each other as they had heard that Big John found the merchant filled with gold. They didn't know exactly what to feel since he had never returned from his journey, but they still felt excitement.

"You were probably right to call me out. I wasn't exactly father of the decade. And hopefully we're listening to this in out brand new sugar shack in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If something happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you, bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side."