8.1

JJ maybank was troubled, everyone knew that. But for Emery that's not what she saw. She didn't see the boy who needed to be fixed, or focus on the cuts and bruises that were scattered on his face, she saw the only person that cared for .

"JJ you gotta get up. Kie and Pope are already outside with everything set up, they might need our help babe." Emery said messing with the boys hair who had his head rested on her chest. Last night she didn't want to leave the boy alone so she slept with him, which wasn't out of the usual as they did it all the time, whenever he stayed at hers or they were both staying at the chateau one night.

"Fine, but only because you called me babe." JJ said sitting up and kissing the tip of her nose making her giggle and get up. Emery walked outside to meet up with Kie and Pope while JJ changed out of his clothes from last night.

"It won't break, right?" Emery heard Kie ask, who she assumed was Pope.

"Nah it won't. You'll be fine Kie!" Pope yelled to Kie who was slowly pulling herself.

"Hey you guys actually did some stuff since I last saw." Emery laughed walking over to the hot tub and sticking her feet in.

"Yeah no thanks to you and JJ!" Kie yelled to the girl laughing. 

"Yeah you two were probably just slummin' it all night." Pope groaned, getting that image out of his head as fast as possible.

"Pope!" Emery gasped, throwing one of the inflated flamingos at the boy.

"Dude shut up." JJ laughed walking out of the chateau and joining Emery by the hot tub.

"How's it feeling, Kie?" Pope called up to Kiara who was lowering herself down.

"Feels good." Kie smiled to Pope before looking back up at the wires still worried that it'd fall.

"John B pulling a Houdini!" JJ yelled, poking Emery's face with one of the hot tub inflatables.

"Stop." Emery giggled, pushing the inflatable away from her face, making JJ almost fall out of the hot tub.

"Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning, we gotta get this done." Pope groaned, worrying like always.

"Speaking of the devil." JJ turned around looking at John B walking up to the back of the chateau and swinging his legs out of the hot tub.

"Oh lookie there, the boy of  the past like 10 days." Emery said, laughing to herself and doing the same thing as JJ.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ said trying to make him feel like he id something.

"No he didn't! I did." Pope yelled.

"John B you good?" Emery asked, John B who was silent and went stomping into the house without making eye contact or saying a  word.

"Uh what's that all about?" Pope asked walking over to JJ and Emery with Kie right behind him, after John B had ignored Emery's question.

"I don't know I was going to ask you the same question." JJ said walking into the house, mimicking the same actions as John B. They all walked into the chateau to see John B searching through the house trying to find something.

"John B!" Pope said trying to get John B's attention.

"What are you looking for?" Kie asked wanting to get somewhere with what was happening. John B never acted so mad and worried he was pretty relaxed most of the time. The last time they had seen him like this was the night at the boneyard, which seemed like ages ago to the pogues.

"Bro what's going on, man?" JJ said walking next to John B who was looking through the couch.

"Hey woah, John B!" Emery shouted as she saw the boy pick up the gun that had already gotten them in trouble multiple times.

"John B, what do you need the gun for? Talk to us!" JJ yelled trying to get John B to stop and talk to them, but John B grabbed JJ and pushed him into the pull-out couch. John b continued walking pushing through Pope who was trying to block him from leaving.

"John B chill!" Kie yelled. John B ignored their protests and pushed Pope into the table making the things on it fall of and hit Kie and Emery in the process. "Are you okay?" Kie asked Pope, while she squeezed through the couch and table. 

"John b get back here!" Emery yelled running after him out of the chateau, everyone following behind her. When they had gotten out of the house, John B had gotten on JJ's bike and was already cranking the engine.

"John B what the hell?" Kie asked running behind Emery down the steps.

"Ward knows about the gold! He killed my dad." John B said, pulling off not letting them process what he just said. Emery stopped in her spot after hearing the new information, making everyone run into her. Kie snapped out of it and softly pushed Emery out of her way and tried to go running after him.

"Oh my God, Ward killed him." Emery whispered.

✰✰✰✰

Okay so we're almost done!! I'm so proud of this book and honestly did not expect it to get this big so I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for reading and liking the book. But on another note I've got what I want to do for the next book, but of course i'm not going tell you so you're just gonna have to wait and read it. But I'm so excited about it and I hope you guys are.

Bye loves!!