2.3

When they had got to the house JJ walked in first looking for his dad

When they had got to the house JJ walked in first looking for his dad. He knew that his dad wouldn't hurt him or Emery while she was there, but he still felt safer without him there. After checking the house he took the girl into the bathroom picking her up and setting her on the sink. He grabbed the rubbing alcohol and grabbed a washcloth.

Emery didn't think she needed to come but JJ had pretty much made her come. One of his reasons was 'whenever I get in a fight you always do it to me so now we're switched.' This statement was very hard to argue with because it was entirely true.

"This is going to sting a little." JJ said as he pressed the washcloth on her knuckles.

"Shoot, J." Emery hisses, trying her best to not cuss.

"I know, I'm sorry babygirl." JJ said. He knew it was going to sting more than a little, but he thought it would help telling her that.

They sat in a comfortable silence. JJ was cleaning her knuckles still occasionally looking up at her in admiration. She was just looking at anything and everything, trying to get her mind of the stinging sensation.

JJ had always known he had loved the girl, but he never knew how much. He always left like he was too good her and she deserved someone so much more. On the other hand, she felt that he was so much more than anything she could want. They were everything to each other, but both were too scared to admit it.

✰✰✰✰

Kiara and Emery were working their jobs at The Wreck. Emery had noticed that Kiara was much quieter than usual and seemed to have something on her mind. She tried to figure out what it was, but Kie just brushed her off. She stopped trying not wanting to upset Kie farther than she was. They hadn't opened yet so they were getting it ready for the crowd that was bound to happen.

Emery was standing behind the counter, cleaning it, when she felt someone come up behind her grabbing her waist. She turned around with a suppressed yelp to see JJ standing behind her smiling.

"God J, you scared me." Emery breathed out.

"I know, You should have seen your face. We gotta go though, John B's got something for us." JJ said pulling her towards the door. "You too Kie!"

"I'm not going!" Kie yelled sternly.

"Same here. I've gotta work handsome." Emery said pulling her hand out of the boys grasp. JJ pouted at them, trying to convince them to come.

"Come one. It'll be fun and John B sounds like it's something good." JJ said.

"No! I'm not coming." Kie yelled. Emery and JJ both shared a look surprised at how angry Kie sounded. Kie usually was never like this and Emery knew something have to have happened with one of the boy, most likely not JJ since he was also just as confused.