8.3

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked John B who as laying on the ground

"Every bar." John B sighed. Ward had stole their gold. The gold they had almost gotten killed for multiple times. It was gone just like that. "It's not like I expected some happy ending and shit." John B said pulling off his cast and throwing it.

"John B." Kie said about to scold him for taking his cast off.

"What Kie? It's a hairline fracture." John B snapped.

"Kie let him get hurt. I mean do you know how many times he hasn't listened to us. Maybe this time he'll actually get hurt and start listening." Emery said turning her head to look at Kiara.

"Guys! Guys! I ran all the way here." Pope said running down the dock and leaning over trying to catch his breathe.

"You alright." John B asked the dark-skinned boy who was hyperventilating.

"How'd the interview go, Pope?" JJ asked.

"JB, I'm sorry dude, about everything. But I don't have a lot of time and I have information that is tactical relevant. So, before I had my interview my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy and it needed a longer airstrip to take off. So i'm there sitting in my interview thinking to myself 'why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?' what could be so heavy that would weigh it down." Pope said starting to catch his breath. At this point everyone was understanding what he was trying to say and the realization hit him.

"Gold." JJ said.

"Exactly." Pope said, doing some weird thing with his arm that made Emery laugh for the first time since she had heard the news about the gold. "Guys this is our chance. But it leaves tonight and we have to go."

"I'm with Pope we gotta go." Emery smiled pushing herself off the railing to stand up straight.

"I mean we can't give up now." Kie said standing up and grabbing Emery's hand.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asked, turning to look at John B.

"We got steal that shit back." John B smiled.

"Well let's go, Pougies." Emery said, saying the nickname she's had for them since they first all came together. Emery grabbed JJ's hand from where he was sitting on the rail and pulled him down pulling him and Kie behind her with Pope in front of her and John B somewhere behind. They were all cheering and running to go get their gold.

✰✰✰✰

We go in there guns a blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible, and vamanos. Get the hell out of there." JJ said putting more bullets into his gun with Emery's head on his shoulder, rubbing circles on his back.

"Down the intracoastal." John B continued.

"Wait for the weather." Kie said continuing even more.

"and to Cuba we go." Pope said.

"and live the best kook lived we can." Emery smiled, throwing her hand into the air.

"Cuba? Nah man, we gotta go to Yucatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money." JJ said still loading his gun.

"What is it with you and Yucatan?" Emery said laughing, making JJ lean into her. Once he had leaned so far the girl had no other choice but to fall to the floor and let the boy lay on top of her. "Get off your heavy!" the girl laughed trying to push the boy which only made him resist and laugh more.

"Never princess." JJ said turning around and winking at her.

"Well you're gonna have to get off of her soon because we're pulling in JJ." Kie said turning around and hitting the boy on the shoulder.

"Oh shit." JJ said quickly sitting up and opening the side door for them to all jump out. Once they were all out they all ran to the fence that lined around the airstrip.

"What's the plan?" Kie asked running up beside Emery.

"I don't think we got that far." John b said softly.

"They're loading up the gold." Pope said looking through the binoculars and handing them off to John B.

"There's ward." John B said, now looking through the binoculars as a car pulled up next to the plane with him stepping out.

"What? What!" Kie yelled as she saw John B's face falter.

"Sarah. She's with him." John B whispered, feeling betrayed by the girl he had fallen in love with. "Wait a minute. Wait he's hurting her." John b said more louder this time.

"What?" Emery asked looking to John B.

"They're fighting." John B said before dropping the binoculars into Kie's hand and running to the van.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Pope asked, being the first to notice John B's absence.

"Bro, what?" JJ asked turning around and following Pope. They all ran to see what John B was doing. The van started moving quickly straight toward them all. Pope and Kiara quickly moved out of the way.

"Emery fucking move!" JJ yelled grabbing the girl's arm and pulling her out of the van's way, it barely missing her. Obviously, John B never would have meant to hit any of them, but right now his judgement was too clouded to be thinking clearly. JJ pulled the girl into an embrace his heart pounding from adrenaline.

"What are you doing?" Pope yelled running after the van.

"Why does he always have to be a frickin' hero." Emery said pulling her head off of JJ's chest. John B had parked the van in front of the plane, it going straight for him. Emery buried her head into JJ's chest not wanting to see her best friend be hit.

"Is he okay?" Emery whispered after not hearing anything.

"Yeah. Yeah he's okay." JJ sighed, worried that when he had looked up he'd see the van crushed.

"Thank God." Kie said from beside them. They thoughts were interrupted by a sound of sirens coming closer.

"Guys I can't get arrested." Pope said.

"I'm on probation." JJ said looking down to the ground.

"Look we're no good if we're all in jail." Kie said looking between the three of them.

"She's right we gotta go." Emery said before backing away as the all ran off and all hoped that John B would be fine.