1.5

The pogues were all hanging out at the doc talking

The pogues were all hanging out at the doc talking. They were in a deep conversation when they saw someone being rolled on a gurney wrapped in a body bag.

"Scooter? Oh God." a woman yelled to the man on the gurney.

Emery looked over at woman and her heart ached. Emery felt for people way to much. Even those she didn't know. It was a great trait of hers, but also a terrible trait that got her trouble in often. Everyone knew she wanted everyone to just be happy but that's not how life works.

Emery almost went and hugged the woman but knew that probably wasn't for the best so she stayed put and leaned into JJ for support.

"Who's that?" John B asked.

"Scooter Grubs. He was out during the storm. Look at this picture I got." this girl said showing everyone the picture.

Emery didn't mean to look but the picture caught her eye. She felt as if she was going to throw up. She hid her face into JJ's body not wanting to look at the situation any longer. JJ hugged the girl also feeling uneasy at the picture of the dead man.

"It's okay blondie." JJ whispered in the girls ear twirling her hair. "What kind of boat did he have?"

"Somehow the dirt-bag cropped a brand new Grady White. Everyone's out looking for it."

Emery looked up hearing this sharing scared looks with the rest of the group. She could feel JJ tense on hearing this news. None of them could believe that they had actually found a dead mans boat.

✰✰✰✰

"Okay, so uhm, we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We have total and complete amnesia." Pope said sitting down.

"Actually Popes right for once. See I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." JJ said walking around the porch.

"Guys we can't keep that money." Kie said thinking about her morals.

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans Kiara." JJ said.

Emery really didn't know what to do in this situation. I mean of course she needed the money. She already felt bad enough for her aunt taking care of her anyways but still. It's a dead mans money she was sure the wife needed it. Emery also thought about the rest of them. They  also needed the money. 

"We have to pass it off to Lana Grubbs or else it bad karma." Kie said still backing up her opinion.

"Bad karma to be implicated into a felony, too. We gotta go dark." Pope said.

Emery looked over to John B wondering why the usual loud boy was silent.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ said not backing down.

"I don't agree." John B finally spoke up.

"What? Why?" JJ asked. He had thought that his best friend would agree with him but he hadn't.