4.2

Emery woke up to the feeling of a massive headache and her whole body aching

Emery woke up to the feeling of a massive headache and her whole body aching. She slowly opened her eyes, but immediately regretted it when the light hit them. She relaxed back into what she realized was her bed after the pain from the light had drifted.

"Good morning, babygirl." JJ said walking into her room and sitting next to where she laid on her bed.

"Shut up!" Emery whisper-yelled while her head was pounding. "This feels way worse than when I had my first hangover."

"Yea, I bet. You got a minor concussion." JJ said.

"Wait, how?" Emery said, peeking on eye open. She had forgotten the misfortunes of the night before, but with JJ slightly reminding her it all came back. "Oh."

"After you passed out. I carried you to your car and took you home. I got Kara to check you out since she knows all about that stuff and she said you have a minor concussion." JJ said. Seeing her collapse last night made him scared out of his mind. He could feel his heartbeat drop the minute she hit.

"Yea it kind of hurt." Emery said slightly laughing. She knew that JJ was still upset about everything and she was trying to ease his worried expression.

"You could have gotten hurt a lot worse, Em." JJ whispered.

"Yea, right. Like they were gonna really hurt a girl. I promise I'm fine, J." Emery said putting her hand on top of hers.

"Okay, fine. But don't ever do that again." JJ said.

"I second that." Kara said leaning up against the door frame, startling them both.

"Damn, Ms. Kara Jones you got some skills." JJ joked.

"Damn right I do." Aunt Kara joked. JJ and Kara always joked with each other since Kara basically raised him. JJ lived over there the second Kara figured out what went on at home. She tried to help him get fully out, but it never worked.

"Kara do you think I could like get out and go hang with the Pogues?" Emery asked giving Kara puppy dog eyes, but still squinting against the light.

"Yea. We're all gonna go hang out for a while." JJ agreed. He wanted her to come, but if it wasn't good for her he didn't want her to leave.

"Yea, you can. Just bring some meds for if your headache gets too strong and also some sunglasses for if your in the sun. If you really don't feel good just come home and sleep it should help." Kara sighed. She didn't really want her to go out, but she knew that Emery would beg.

*Don't come for me if that's like not at all what to do. I have no idea ahaha.*

"Yes! Thank you." Emery said getting up and slowly and hugging her. Then taking off to change.

"Thanks Ms. K" JJ said running out the door to go start the car while Emery changed.

"Kids. I swear." Kara laughed walking out of Emery's room.