7.1

"He said it looked something like this. That's 50 feet down." Kie said looking over the map that Emery was holding and Sarah was tracing.

"They're gonna need like a 100 feet rope to be able to make it." Emery said looking up. She still couldn't believe that they had actually made it and gotten the gold. Last night none of them could sleep still trying to burn the adrenaline off from earlier that night.

"So I guess this little wagon will go...straight to the gold room." Kie said laughing at the poorly drawn print.

"Who drew this?" Sarah said. The three of the girls could not stop laughing at the terrible "blue print" that one of the guys had drawn. You could barely read the writing, none of the lines were straight. and the little drawings of the wagon and gold were questionable.

"Who do you think?" Emery asked pointing over to the guys, specifically Pope who was the only one who could have thought all of the plan up.

"So, Em, JJ. huh?" Kie asked finally bringing up last night. Emery had known that most likely none of the boys would have cared, but Kie that was different. She hadn't told her best friend about a guy, one of the biggest things they never said to lie about and had broken the only rule of the pogues.

"I know Kie. I'm sorry I should have told you and I know I like girl code and all, but me and JJ didn't want to tell y'all and stop us from maybe finding the gold and we were going to wait longer, but I was just so happy and I didn't know what came over me. I know that I broke the girl code and the pogues only rule and-." Emery said rambling out trying to get the girl to forgive her.

"Emery! I'm not mad." Kie said interrupting the girls ramble. Even though it was funny to see the girl so distraught over this little thing she felt bad for letting her ramble on and on.

"Wait you're not?" Emery asked, confusion easily read by her furrowed brows

"No, I was all for you two getting together. I mean I knew it would eventually happen." Kie shurgged.

"Yeah, Emery. That boy was whipped and everyone knew it except you." Sarah said smiling. She had always known the two were on love the first time she saw them on the beach. JJ was chasing the girl around, both uncontrollably laughing.

"Really? I mean I know the type of guy JJ is like with other girls and I know he acts different with me, but like what if that's just because he sees me as a friend." Emery said. 

"Come on Em. I see the way you look at each other. Friends don't look at friends that way. I promise." Kiara said sending the girl a soft smile.

"Okay this better work. We can't pawn this if there is a giant wheat symbol on it." JJ said walking up and throwing the gold to the girls feet.

"This is gonna work." Kie said, pulling up a blowtorch and climbing out of the van, Sarah behind her.

"Let's go blondie." JJ said putting out his hand for her.

"Oh what a gentlemen we have." Emery said taking the boys hand and climbing out and curtsying to the boy.

"Funny." JJ said, wrapping an arm around the girls shoulder and kissing her temple.

"Hey lovebird get over here." John B yelled waving a hand over to the couple.

"Dang that was quick." Emery said walking up to the others. Kie turned on the blowtorch, smiling as she did so while Sarah and John B were sitting close together up against a tree.

"Kie looks like you're having fun." Emery  laughed walking up behind the girl and resting her head on the girls shoulder.

"So much, you should try." Kie said handing Emery the blowtorch and placing the goggles on her face. 

✰✰✰✰

"Hell of a job melting it down Dr. Frankenstein." JJ said looking over the gold, that Kie and Emery had melted.

"It's harder than it looks." Emery pouted looking to the boy from where she was leaned up against the van.

"Like you could have done better." Kie smirked, but not for long since JJ fired back quickly causing a bickering between them.

"Let's go." Emery said grabbing JJ's shoulder and pulling him away from Kiara.

"Good afternoon ma'am. I see you buy gold." JJ said walking into the store with everyone following behind him.

"That's what the sign says don't it." the lady at the desk snapped.

"Well I hope you buy a lot. How about them apples?" JJ asked laying down the gold before the woman.

"That ain't real." The lady said laughing, not believing JJ's act at all.

"That ain't real? Feel how heavy it is. Let's get some light on that." JJ said, finally convincing that lady a little more.

"Spray painted tungsten." The lady said not believing that a couple of teenagers had gathered so much gold. Emery looked at Sarah worried that the lady would never believe them.

"Why don't you feel how soft it is?" JJ slyly suggested to the lady.

"Hold up. We ain't got to the acid test." the lady said looking under the desk.

"Ooo the acid test." JJ said looking to Emery and winking at her. She never knew how he could lie so well or be so confident in himself sometimes.

"Well it looks like somebody tried to melt it down." the lady said looking up.

"My mom. She had all this jewelry laying around the house and melted it down, ya know, consolidated it." JJ said still keeping his act up. Sarah and Emery locked eye contact and both struggled to keep as quiet as possible.

"7 pounds? That's a lot of earrings." the lady said finding a mistake in JJ's act.

"Okay to be honest, my mom, it was hard to see her fall apart with Alzheimer." JJ said starting to fake him emotional side. Emery tried to keep quiet, but failed when a laugh escaped her mouth, which she tried to recover with a sniffle as she herself had gotten emotional. Sarah carefully slapped Emery's arm trying as well to keep down her laughter. 

The lady had walked away for a moment which allowed JJ to look to Emery and gave her a playful glare since she almost gave away his act. The girl laughed a mouth an 'im sorry' to the boy followed with her blowing him a kiss.

"So I uh, I talked to my boss and this is what I can do." The lady said giving JJ her numbers.

"50,000? You think I'd walk in here not knowing the price? Ma'am I know for a fact 140 at least." JJ said trying to get the lady to up her prices.

"Sweetie, you in a pawn shop." the lady snapped again.

"90 or I walk." JJ said.

"70, half price. And I don't ask question from where you got it." John B and JJ exchanged looks, speaking in the secret language they had with each other, eye contact.

"I'm gonna need that in large denominations please." JJ said making everyone smile. They were going to go full kook rich.

✰✰✰✰

Okay so I'm back ahhh. I'm so sorry that I took a break, but I think it's helped my writing some, but I just got really busy and didn't have time to publish, but I've got multiple chapters to publish so there shouldn't be waits for a while! The next few chapters are a little longer than usual, but do you guys like that? I never know if there too long or something so tell me if it ever is.

Bye Loves!!