1.6

Emery woke up to the bright sun shining through the window onto her face

Emery woke up to the bright sun shining through the window onto her face. She laid in bed contemplating if she should get up or stay in bed cuddled up to JJ.

"Come on. Wake up." Emery pulled the boys arm off her side.

Emery heard no response except a mumbled "no." He had grabbed her waist and pulled her back into bed not wanting to leave the peaceful state he was in.

"JJ." Emery said. She would love to stay in bed wrapped up with the boy but knew they needed to get up.

"Five more minutes." JJ mumbled out.

"Nope." Emery said quickly pulling his arm off her and standing up.

The boy still didn't get up so Emery grabbed a pillow and started to hit the boy.

"Get up!"

"Ugh fine. I'm up, I'm up." JJ said quickly standing up and walking to the bathroom.

Emery ran into the kitchen to see her Aunt.

"Good morning Kara." Emery smiled brightly.

"Morning sweetie. Where's JJ?" Kara asked.

"He's in the bathroom. Do we have stuff to make pancakes?" Emery asked craving the fluffy food.

"Yep. In the pantry. Have at it. I've got to go to work. Tell JJ I said Good morning! I love you!" Kara yelled walking out of the house.

"Love you too!" Emery yelled back.

Emery ran over grabbing the stuff to make pancakes and set everything out.

"JJ get in here!" Emery yelled.

"I'm right here em." JJ said walking into the kitchen area. "Pancakes? That's my girl."

Emery and JJ both started to make the pancakes. She was an okay cook but the boy on the other hand was nowhere near okay so he mainly just watched the girl do everything. Emery was singing along to the music when she noticed the boy doing nothing.

"So you're just going to watch and not help." Emery said resting her hand on her hip.

"Oh so it'd be better if I did this?" JJ asked grabbing the pancake mix and throwing it at her.

"You did not." Emery said grabbing the mix and throwing some at him.

"It's on." JJ said continuing the food throwing war.

After a few minutes of them both running around the kitchen throwing food at each other they finished making the pancakes and ate them.

"JJ this is gong to be a mess to clean up." Emery groaned.

"It's fine blondie I'll help and then we can go meet up with the others." JJ said already starting to clean up the mess.

✰✰✰✰