1.4

They had all got off the boat at the Coast Guard Pier

They had all got off the boat at the Coast Guard Pier. Not surprised that they were very busy since there was just a hurricane Pope and Kie decided to wait outside while the others went to sort out the hotel key.

When they had walked into building there was so much noises that Emery felt as if she couldn't even think. John B went to one side of the desk while JJ and Emery were on the other side trying to get the mans attention.

"Excuse me. Exc-" John said trying to get the workers attention.

"Hey dude. We found a boat" JJ said still not having any success.

"Sir I promise you're goi-" Emery said politely trying to get his attention before getting yelled at by him "Hey! Calm down!"

Hearing the sudden outburst from the worker made Emery stumble backwards into JJ's chest. JJ clenched his jaw wrapping his arms around the girl mad at how the man just yelled at his girl when she was doing nothing wrong.

"Jerk." Emery and JJ whispered at the same time, both looking at each other with smiles.

They all three realized they were getting nowhere so they decided to just leave and take this matter into their own hands.

"Well, that went well." Pope said clearly seeing that they had gotten nowhere.

"So what's the plan?" Emery asked. At this point she had grown to be very annoyed by the situation as she did not like when people were mad at her or raised their voice because it made her think of her dad.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns the boat." John B said waving around the Motel Key.

"No. We don't know whose room that is. It could belong to anyone." Pope said worrying about the situation like usual.

"I'm totally in." Emery was already excited another adventure.

"Same here babygirl." JJ said smiling at the girl.

"We just gotta be careful. I promised Heyward no trouble." Emery said

"Come on, Pope. I'll be lookout with you." Kie said trying to convince him.

Emery looked at JJ "I'll race you to the boat." Emery didn't let him get a chance to react before she took off towards the HMS.

"Emery that's no fair." JJ said catching up to the girl.

He had much longer legs so it wasn't very hard for him to catch up to her. As he was nearing the girl he grabbed her by the waist and ran passed the boat with her.

"JJ, what are you doing?" Emery asked confused as why he was nearing the end of the pier. She quickly realized he was going to throw her off and began to squirm around in his grasp.

"J don't you dare. I'm serious you better turn around." Emery said begging for him to not throw her into the water.

"Nope. Only if you say that I won the race." JJ paused. "Oh and that you love me.