10.1

Emery had been the first one up and moved to sit down at one of the tables just wanting everything to be still for just a moment. She softly hummed a tune that she had made up as she looked over at her friends who were all fast asleep. JJ stirring more than he had just a moment caught her eye. She quietly walked over and crouched in front of his face.

"Boo." She whispered when his eyes opened.

"Good morning love." JJ said grabbing the girls waist and pulling her into the bed.

"That's a new one." Emery smiled turning over to look at him.

"Mhmm." He mumbled mostly asleep. Emery propped herself onto her elbows, brushing the hair out of his face.

"Em?" JJ asked.

"Yes?" She said now moving her fingers through his hair.

"Do you think John B will be okay?" He asked opening his eyes again to look at her.

Emery smiled softly. This was the first time in this whole chase that she had seen him show any worry for his best friend. She herself was also worried for him, but she had hope. She always had hope for them.

"Yeah I think he'll be okay." Emery smiled. JJ returned the smile sitting back up and putting his hat back on. Emery did the same placing her head on his should which in return he placed his hand on her knee and kissed the top of her head.

These were the moments Emery wished would just stay. No distractions just her and her friends. She didn't hear the police sirens and the thought of John B being in trouble had been pushed to the back of her head, but it couldn't stay like that.

Emery lifted her head off of JJ's shoulder and stood back up walking over to the table she was previously at. JJ walked over to the door leaning up against it. It wasn't long before Pope had gotten up and walked over next to JJ.

"Morning Pope." Emery said rubbing his arm as he walked back and flashing him and encouraging smile.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ said to Pope as he walked over.

"JJ don't say that." Emery snapped, feeling more worry in her stomach hearing one of her friends say that about someone who was practically her brother,

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope said leaning on the side of the door.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too." Kie chimed in sitting up.

"Good morning to you too Kie." Emery flashed a smile now shuffling a deck of cards that everyone assumed she had pulled out off her backpack of goods.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope said walking away from the door.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked following Pope with his eyes.

"Pope? Where you going?" Emery asked putting her deck of cards down and standing up.

"I'm gonna go get gas for the boat." He told Emery.

"Hey, you be careful." Kie told Pope.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope said ignoring what Kie said an looking at Emery and JJ who nodded back at him. JJ and Emery both made eye contact knowing why he was acting the way he was.

Kie had gotten up to go chase after while Emery went to go grab her bag, putting away her cards.

"You goin' somewhere?" JJ asked.

"Yea Kie's car is in bad shape so I was gonna go grab mine." Emery told JJ. He knew that wasn't the real reason she leaving. She wanted to go check on Kara and tell her that she's okay, but he went along with it.

"Don't take too long okay? And be safe!" JJ yelled as she walked out the door giving him a thumbs up.

On her way out she ran into Kie who was watching Pope drive a way. Emery walked over and hugged her.

"He doesn't hate you Kie." Emery said, smiling.

"I know. He's just being a little bit of a dick." Kie said pulling away from the hug.

"I know. I'll be back before we have to go." Emery laughed walking off, following the way Pope had gone.

✰✰✰✰

It didn't take long for Emery to get back to the house. She walked to the front of the house and only saw her dads old Ford Bronco. How he scored that she has no idea. However, her Aunts car was nowhere to be seen.

"Shit." Emery groaned, walking into the house.

Emery walked in the front door, walking past the hook of keys to the left of the door and into the kitchen going to go look at the from of the refrigerator in hopes of someones handwriting. There was a white piece of paper under a magnet of Emery and her Aunt that had her Aunts cursive handwriting. Emery pulled the paper from under the magnet and read it.

Emery,

I don't know where the hell you are or if you're even okay, but I'm hoping that you've come home because I raised you at least a little bit right. I'm hoping that whatever shit John B has gotten himself and you guys into isn't completely terrible and that I trust whatever you guys do. Just know I'm not mad at you just worried. I love you and be safe.

Your Hot Aunt Kara.

Emery couldn't help but laugh at the note and quickly wrote her a not explaining what little she could and that they were safe and she'd be home soon. She put the notes back underneath the magnet, hers on top, and walked out of the kitchen grabbing the keys.

She ran out of the house starting up the car again which took too many tries for it to be drive able and pulled out of their yard.

✰✰✰✰

Okay so this one is very short, but these two parts were so cute! The part at the beginning with JJ and then the part with Kara, I can't