5.2

Emery and Kie walked into the midsummers party looking around

Emery and Kie walked into the midsummers party looking around. Emery already felt overwhelmed seeing so many people, more specifically kooks, in one area. She felt sick to see all these privileged rude kooks partying together.

"Follow me." Kie said grabbing Emery's hand, pulling her.

"Not really giving me a chance." Emery mumbled as Kie had her arm in a tight grip. Emery was trying to figure out where Kie was leading her but, she soon figured it out once she saw Pope standing by his father doing something that Emery couldn't quite make out.

"Excuse me sit, do we have to shuck these ourselves? Cause it might mess up my costume." Kie said in a terrible accent.

"We wouldn't want that, no would we?" Pope replied in an accent as well going to do the pogue handshake with Kie. Emery couldn't help but 'aww' at them. She always thought they were cute and especially since she knew Pope liked her, but she thought Kie liked John B.

"Kie that accent was terrible." Emery said laughing.

"Ya I wasn't gonna say anything, but." Pope said dragging the 'but' out.

"Hey. It wasn't that bad." Kie said recieveing a doubtful look from Pope and Em. "Okay ya it was bad."

"Hey Pope is JJ here yet?" Emery asked. She thought he was working but, she didn't know anything.

"No I haven't even seen him since, ya know." Pope said referring to when JJ got arrested. Emery knew he felt guilty but, he shouldn't JJ did it all to himself.

"Poe it's not your fault, okay? You know how JJ is he had to do it." Emery asked trying to comfort and relieve him. All she got from him though was a nod.

"You ever see this many kooks in one place?" Kie asked. Emery could tell she also didn't like them all here even though she technically was one.

"Yeah, last year." Pope said.

"We're in the lions den." Kie said looking around.

"It kind of makes me sick." Emery said staring at Topper and Kelce who looked very strange in their bright tuxes.

"You and me both Em." Pope said.

They were interrupted when the Camerons were all walking out looking "perfect" as ever. Everyone started to applause but, Emery couldn't bring herself to do so. She knew that all of that had to be fake and something was wrong with them besides Rafe and his high self or Sarah just being a brat sometimes.

"Here comes Lord capital and the exploiters." Kie groaned.

"She's definitely gonna poke somebody's eye out with that." Pope asked referring to Rose's crown. Emery couldn't understand why you would waste money on something like that.

The three of them had all dispersed and were doing there own thing. It had become dark but, everything was lit up with all the lights scattered everywhere. Emery was trying to find someone she knew since she felt very out of place and had no idea what to do. She stopped to try to look for either Kie or Pope but, couldn't see anything. While looking she felt to hands grab her waist which made her quickly turn around.

"Oh my God, JJ. You scared me." she breathed out in relief.

"Sorry babygirl." JJ said. He stepped away for her finally for the first time that night getting a good look at her. "Wow uh, Em you look beautiful." JJ said.

"Thank you. You look uh." Emery laughed before being interrupted by JJ.

"Just don't say anything. It's bad." JJ said referring to his waiter outfit.

"Ya it's bad." Emery laughed. She felt awkward just them standing in the middle of this dance floor so she grabbed his hand.

"Oh so we're dancing now?" JJ asked raising his eyebrow. Emery nodded her head and pulled him out. JJ had laid one hand on her waist and softly swayed with her.

"Ya know I never realized how boring this could get." Emery groaned after it had been one song already. She pulled her head off of JJ's chest and looked up at him.

"Ya I know. Do you want something to drink?" JJ asked.

"If you don't mind kind, sir." Emery said in a accent.

"Anything for m'lady." JJ said, bowing. He walked off out of Emery's view to go get the drinks. Once again she felt very awkward but, luckily she saw Emery walking over.

"You look so awkward, Em." Kie laughed.

"I have no idea what to do, Kie. I don't go to these things ever." Emery said.

"Ya I can tell. Have you seen JJ?" Kie asked.

"Ya he was just here. He went to go get a drink." Emery said. She looked around trying to find JJ knowing he was probably on his way. She saw JJ but instead of coming this way he was running around with the 'kook death squad' behind him.

"Hey Kie, I'll uh be right back." Emery said dazed running off to where JJ was. She followed them all the way into the bathroom staying out of their view but, where she could hear their conversation.

"Your face looks really bad. Starting to look more and more like your dad." Emery heard Rafe say. She rolled her eyes at Rafe never expecting him to say anything like that.

"Oh shit! Alright,-" Rafe started, but was interrupted by someone coming in flickering the lights.

"Gentlemen! Is there a problem here?" the man asked. Emery peeked her head trying to get a view of what was happening.

"Pardon me officer. No there's not, officer. I just-. Actually, yes. No, there is one. We got a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep! Call it in, right? Blatant disrespect for private property. I'm in violation for all kinds of shit, sir. but these young gentlemen." JJ said. Emery laughed at JJ's stupidness, but also was glad he was getting out of the situation.

"Don't touch my shit." Kelce said as he shrugged JJ's hands off him.

"Caught me, sir and that's what you should do, escort me out of here. You got me." JJ continues allowing the officer take him away. "You're lookin' spiffy, too. You Powerpuff Girls have fun." JJ joked. Emery laughed to herself and started to walk away until she heard Rafe speak up again.

"Tell Emery she looks pretty hot for a pogue." Rafe said still trying to get under JJ's skin. Emery quietly ran over to peek her head back just in time to see JJ run towards Rafe ready to beat him up. Luckily, the guard had grabbed JJ before he could get to him.

"Hey! Stop it. Let's go!" The guard said pulling JJ away. Emery ran through the men's bathroom, apoligizing to the men she was passing. She made it outside to see JJ causing a scene.

"It's okay, everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Rose! You look like lady liberty." JJ said already a little tipsy. Emery laughed as another person had made fun of Rose's Headpiece.

"Let go of him! You can't just boot him." Emery yelled once she composed herself from laughing. She had made her way beside Kie while Rafe had walked up beside her.

"I invited him here. I'm a member of this club." Kie said backing up Emery and JJ. Emery could hear Kie's parents trying to get her to stop but, JJ had pushed the guard into a table distracting her.

"Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Em, Kie. Pope, you as well all right?" JJ yelled. Emery not even thinking a second about it stated to run off but, accidentally running into Rafe.

"What's up, Pogue?" Rafe smiled before getting a slap in the face by Emery, "Shut up douche." Emery said before continuing to run. Kie had caught up to her and interlocked their fingers running together.

"Come on, Em." JJ said opening up his arms. Emery had let go of Kie's hand and ran into JJ's arms. He barely picked her up and spun her around, laughing with her. They all ran off together with smiles on their face.