5.1

Emery was panicked to say the least

Emery was panicked to say the least. She knew that JJ had already been bailed out of jail by his father and knew what his punishment would be. She ran to his house once she had heard the news and snuck up to his window. She had been over to his house multiple times so she pretty much knew where everything was. JJ was comfortable whenever she was there since his father most likely would never lay a hand on him when she was there. When she neared more to the window she could hear loud music and yelling coming from inside.

"I'm gonna tell you right now, you are a worthless piece of shit!" Emery heard Luke, JJ's dad yell. She flinched hearing him say this. She hated how he would make JJ feel. JJ came off with a high-eho but she knew that he was very harsh on himself and didn't think very highly on himself with the lies his father tells him all the time.

"Shut Up! Shut up!" JJ yelled hitting the door. She had finally gotten up to the window to see JJ tearing up his room. She harshly hit the window to try to get his attention, successfully doing so. When her eyes met JJ her heart broke to see his face beaten up and so distraught. He came over to the window and opened it.

"What are you doing here, Em?" JJ said helping Emery into his room.

"I heard you got out and I had to come see you." Emery paused. She scanned his face and placed her hands on either side. "J, I can't believe he did this." Her eyes welled up just to see him like this.

"Em I wanna kill him. I-." JJ said breaking. His sobs started back and he could barely stand up.

"I know. I know, J." Emery said resting his head on her shoulder, hugging him.

After a few minutes of Emery saying sweet calming saying to JJ in attempt to calm him down he finally did. He pulled his head up and looked into her eyes.

"Come on. We gotta go talk to John B." JJ said still sniffling. JJ led her by her dad who was passed out on the couch.

"Ugh, J you know I hate this freaking death machine" Emery said sitting on the dirtbike behind JJ wrapping her arms around his waist.

"At least your closer to me." JJ said turning his head around winking at her.

"I hate you sometimes." Emery rolled her eyes.

"No babygirl. You love me." He said puckering his lips. She pushed his face away and told him to drive.

✰✰✰✰

JJ and Emery were sneaking up behind the Chateau, sneaking by the cops that were posted outside. JJ untangled their fingers so he could stop John B from being seen by the cops. Emery didn't know why JJ came up behind him, freaking John B out but, if they kept fighting there were going to blow their cover.

"John B! It's JJ." Emery whisper-yelled in attempt to stop John B from punching him.

"Shut up." JJ says covering John B's mouth and pushing him up against the house.

"John B, see that." Emery said pointing over to a "disguised" cop car.

"They're watching us, okay?" JJ said. Emery's always thought he liked to be mysterious and freak them all out by never telling them the whole story.

"Who?" John B asked, clueless.

"I don't know. Let's sneak around the dock." JJ said leading them back to where they were.

They had to get knee-deep in the marsh to sneak around and not be seen. Emery thought they were going a little overboard but, she didn't want to ruin their fun so she followed. She had to admit it was funny to see them struggle and flop into the HMS Pogue.

"John B hurry up." JJ said. They were laid out on the boat trying to loosen the boat off the doc. Emery just sat there trying to hold in her laughter. She was surprised the boats loud engine didn't startle the cops but, it didn't and they successfully got away.

"Okay hurry up. You guys gotta drop me off at Kie's. I've gotta get ready for midsummers with her." Emery said once they had road off.

"Oh is my babygirl gonna be dressed as a kook tonight?" JJ joked. He knew she liked to dress up a little but, not this much.

"Ya ya. Shut up." Emery yelled pushing his shoulder.

"No for real Em. What are you wearing?" John B asked, genuinely curious.

"You'll find out but, you gotta hurry up or else Kie will kill me for making her family late." Emery said

"I'm goin. I'm goin' lady calm down." John B joked.

✰✰✰✰

"Bye boys." Emery yelled out running up to Kie's house.

Emery hoped she wasn't too late. She didn't really want to end up on the bad side of her parents like the rest of the pogues were. She walked up to her door and knocked.

"Finally there you are! You are so close to making us late." Kie said opening the door and grabbing her arm. Kie looked gorgeous already even if she was only half-ready.

"Emery, oh sweetie. Thank God you're here. I've got your dress so go get ready." Kie's mom said handing her the dress and pushing her away. The dress was a beautiful light pink halter dress that carried to her ankles with a slit on her thigh. The dress complimented her tan skin and matched perfectly with her white heels. Emery fixed her hair into a half-up, half-down braided look and did some light makeup. She admired herself in the mirror not used to looking at herself so dressed up. She quietly walked out of the bathroom she got ready in.

"This is disgusting." Kie said staring at herself in the mirror. Emery scoffed to herself as she saw the gorgeous girl standing in front of her, she only desired to look like that.

"I know, it's just horrible. I'm asking you to go and relax at a fun party." Kie's mom sighed.

"Well I for one, Kie think you look amazing." Emery smiled.

"Oh, you look gorgeous dear." Kie's mom sighed walking up to her.

"Dang Em. I didn't know you dressed up like this." Kie joked. She grabbed the flowers for Emery to clip in to her hair. Emery grabbed the hairpieces and clipped them randomly in her braid.

"I mean mom, there are people three miles from here without power and we're going to midsummer, that's so tone deaf." Kie groaned firing back to her mom.

"Do you know how hard we work to get into the Island Club?" she asked putting in her earings.

"Yeah, mom. How could I forget you had to grovel for like ten years." Kie said, imitating a hammer. Emery couldn't help but laugh at her friend.

"Twelve, and we also had to cough up a huge chunk of dough and do you know why we did that?" She asked.

"To keep up with the jonesses." Emery mumbled under her breath. She could hear let out a laugh as her friend quietly backed her up.

"So you could have the same experiences I had as a child. Honey, do you know what the Island Club is?" Kie's mom asked ignoring what Emery said. Emery didn't know if she heard it or just chose to ignore what she said but, she didn't really care.

"A factory farm for debutantes." Kie groaned.

"It is a nice place, with nice people, where you can do fun stuff. Now let's go." Kie's mom said sternly walking out of the room.

"Come on Kie. Put on your party face with me so we can go party with the riches." Emery joked grabbing her hand and walking out of the room laughing.