Chapter 12 - Ready Or Not

Surprisingly enough Klaus let me have some alone time with my friends. I took them to a nearby restaurant just two blocks over. As we sat down i glanced at them all. They seemed happy to see me, yet afraid.

"Where is Bonnie?" I ask, picking up the menu.

"Klaus ordered her to stay, to make sure that we come back." Damon rolled his eyes.

"Typical.." Stefan chuckled as he throws his arm around Elena. I was sitting across from her, while Stefan sat next to her across from his brother.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I gave him a flat look.

"Klaus will never trust anybody, its like he wasn't even human." Damon jokes as he puts his arm around my shoulder. I angrily looked at him and shrugged his arm off me.

I gave Elena a look, as in I have something really important to tell you. "Ah-" Elena started, all the attention on her, "Stefan could you & Damon please get us a drink from the bar?"

Stefan nodded as Damon stands, "They're going to catch up on their girly talks.." Damon smirks.

As soon as I was sure they weren't listening I leaned forward towards Elena.

"Okay, spill.." Elena whispers.

"We kissed." I blurted out.

Elena's eyes widen & she leans back, "You & Klaus?!"

I nodded, surprisingly smiling.

"Does that mean that you guys are together?" Elena asks, she was very calm about this. I'm happy that she's not as shocked but my mind is telling me that she also was something on her mind.

"Well- no. We haven't really talked about it." I sighed, looking down. When I looked back up Elena was twitching & she just seemed to uncomfortable. "Something you want to tell me?"

"I kissed Damon." she closed her eyes, not wanting to she my reaction.

She what?!! Stefan's brother?! I leaned back & widen my eyes. I looked away from her because I really couldn't look at her the same way anymore.

"Does Stefan know?!" I say, still completely shocked.

Elena nodded disapproving, "I want him to know but I don't know how to tell him."

My body relaxes a bit & I drop my shoulders, "D-do you even still love him?"

Elena looked in my eyes, her eyes widen, "Of course I do Care! That's why I need your help."

"Elena.." I sighed, "You have to tell him, he'll be hurt if you don't & I don't want you to get hurt because you and Stefan are like soul-mates!" I smile a convincing smile.

"Okay, I will." She sighed & smiled back. "But just so you know, I don't have feelings for Damon..it was just 'heat of the moment' thing."

"Good." I nodded, completely relaxing my body. "Hey wait.." I look up at her, "You never told me why you guys came all the way here?"

"Its your mom.." Elena started, my eyes softening. I haven't really thought about my mom since I left, I just figured she would be happy. "..she knows everything, she always knew I guess. She is threatening us to tell her where you are."

"Threatening how?" I frowned.

"By outing Stefan & Damon to the council.." Elena sighed in disbelief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got back from the restaurant full & refreshed. I unlocked the door & found Bonnie, Kol & Rebekah sitting around the couch chatting & Klaus was in front of us. I guess he heard us coming.

"Nik's worried that you are going to leave us.." Rebekah joked as she stands up & walking towards us.

Klaus ignored her comment & gave me a stern look, "What's the matter?"

"My mom is threatening to out Stefan & Damon to the council unless I come home." I explained, all seriousness in my voice.

Klaus dropped his shoulders & his head, not wanting to look in my eyes, "You're leaving.." he spoke softly. Wow, I've never seen him express his soft side before, at least not in front of an audience.

"No!" I exclaim, lifting his head so were locking eyes, "I can't leave," I looked at Stefan, "..not yet." I whispered.

"Well then, since Barbie here is too caught up in her own fantasies," Damon interrupts glaring at me, "We'll have to come up with a plan to fix this."

"Okay," Klaus says cheerfully, "How about you head back to Mystic Falls & the rest just stay with us!"

"Oh what a great plan!" Damon replies sarcastically, "The rest of you can live happily ever after" he says in a cheerful voice, then a serious tone, "While I die."

"Guys, this is serious." Bonnie steps in with Kol behind her back.

"Why don't I just talk to my mom, over the phone?" I suggested.

"We tried that." Stefan sighed, "She wants to see you in person."

I sighed, "Then I guess I'll go back."

Everyone headed for the door, giving Klaus & I some privacy. As soon as everybody was out, Klaus flashed in front of me.

"I'm sorry.." I cried out, I could barely catch my breathe for some reason. All I knew is I didn't want to leave him.

"It's not necessary love."

I stood up & watched his reaction. He seemed uninterested, like he was not letting himself feel anything, but I know he's struggling.

I sighed, "Please, show me what you're feeling," I looked into his eyes, "After everything thats happened, you at least owe me that."

Klaus broke our connection & took a step back, "Just leave."

My jaw dropped in shock. He still didn't trust me. To be honest I would of stayed if he begged. I wanted him, I wanted him to come with me & stay with me. But instead his pushing me away. Tears started rolling down my cheeks and after 2 or 3 drops I stopped wiping them away.

It was all over.

--------------------------

A/N: My apologies, this was a rather short chapter.

I'm still deciding on who I should hook Bonnie up with - Team Jeremy or Team Kol? Comment..I need to decide!! (:

ex oh ex oh.

Comments & Votes. !