Chapter 6 - Choices

For a moment my body felt like I was floating on clouds & as much as I wanted to, I couldn't feel any gravity. I was desperate for air. My eyes suddenly widen and I gasp, breathing heavily.

"What's going on?!" I panic. I looked up and found Stefan & Bonnie shocked at the sight of me.

"You're not.." Bonnie starts, her eyes still shocked.

"Dead." Stefan finished.

I sit up, still breathing heavily, "I don't understand..Damon he-" I trailed off. Oh my gosh. Klaus. I drank his blood.. I faced Stefan and frowned, "Klaus gave me his blood & when Damon-"

"Wait, are you telling me that you're in transition to becoming a vampire?" Bonnie asks with frustration in her voice.

"No," I say, my voice cracking, "I - I can't do this." I look up at Stefan, "What happens now?"

"You have to feed on human blood, otherwise you die," he replies sternly.

"What?!" I shout standing up, "I can't just bite an innocent person!"

"Caroline, its the only way!" Stefan says, "But I can help you fight the urge. I'll help you live the way that I do."

"And I can make you a ring so that you can walk in the sun.." Bonnie sighs, finally accepting the facts. She leaves the room leaving Stefan & I alone.

"So what were just going to find some random loser & feed?" I say, sounding a little sarcastic. I didn't want to feed on an innocent but I also didn't want to die.

Damon comes into the room & his eyes widen when he saw me standing. "What-?" he confronts Stefan.

"She had Klaus's blood in her system." Stefan sighed.

"So, you and Klaus are buddies now?!" Damon questions me.

"No!" I snap, "I just- I don't know what I was thinking showing him the coffins!"

"That's right, you weren't thinking!" Damon snaps back.

"Damon that's enough!" Stefan flashes in front of Damon. "Where's Elena?" he frowns.

"She's right behind-" Damon turns around & sees Bonnie holding a ring. She hands me the ring & I put it on.

"Elena?!!" Stefan shouts, leaving the room & Damon follows.

"So, does this mean I have to feed now?" I frown, facing Bonnie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie & I drive to The Grill, looking around for Elena on the way. "Do you think that Klaus took her?" I ask Bonnie as we enter The Grill.

"I don't know, but I'm going to ask Tyler. Wait here." Bonnie instructs me before walking over to the bar.

I head outside because I desperately needed some air. At this point all I could think about is blood. Every time people walked past me all I think is how I could just rip their head off and feed.

"Caroline!" I twirled my head and see my ex Matt jogging to towards me. No please, don't.

"Matt, stay away from me!" I order him. I start walking down the empty alley but he soon follows me.

"What do you mean?" he follows, "I thought that we were still friends?"

"Matt, we are. It just not my day okay? Please just go." I stop, my back turned to him. I could feel him coming closer & my eyes begin to turn blood red, veins popping out below my eyes. I can't control it, it's controlling me.

I could feel the urge rising to my skin. I had to taste his blood, even just a sip. My teeth suddenly pops out two very sharp pointy teeth and I turn around so Matt could see my face.

"Woah, what the-"

Before Matt could finish his sentence I began draining him out. Each drip of blood entering my body made me feel stronger but at the same time I felt guilty. I was practically killing my friend. I had to stop.

"Caroline, stop!" A familiar voice commands, It was Stefan. I take a step back from Matt taking the time to look at the damaged I've done.

"Oh my god, Matt I'm so sorry!" I beg. I was about to grab him when he started running. Within a flash Stefan was in front of him.

"You won't remember any of this. You'll remember that you slipped & fell on a piece of metal." He orders him. Matt nodded before heading back inside.

I glanced at Stefan with a guilty look. I took another step back before I ran. Within a second I was on the doorstep of the Mikaelson's house. I rang the doorbell & it wasn't long before Rebekah answered.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, I had a feeling that she didn't like me very much.

"I need to talk to Klaus." I reply.

"His busy." She says sternly, "Goodbye." She was about to close the door when a hand stopped her. Rebekah rolled her eyes & walked off.

"What can I do for you love?" He asks, smirking.

"Well firstly," I sigh relieved that Rebekah was gone, "Could you please invite me in?"

His faces turned confused, "Damon killed me, with your blood still in my system."

"Damon killed you?!" He roared, his voice getting deeper.

"It's okay. I'm fine." I spoke softly, relaxing him a tiny bit.

"I'm glad then," he sighed, "But I'm afraid I cannot invite you in."

"Why not?" I cross my arms.

"I am in the middle of a very important project & I don't want anyone ruining it." He replies, still smirking.

Agh, I've always hated begging. "Please?" I plead, bringing out my puppy dog eyes. "Look I'm not even suppose to be here talking to you, but here I am."

He hesitated for a minute but I just kept looking at him, "Fine." he sighed, "Would you like to come in Caroline?" he says sarcastically.

"I would love to." I smiled innocently, entering his house with a grin on my face.

Klaus led me to the living room where Kol was also sitting. "Ah Klaus's lady of the evening has returned!" he cheers, standing up & kissing my hand. "Caroline." he smiles.

I stubbornly jerk my hand away and sit down with Klaus following me. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Klaus smirks.

"Elena is missing."

Klaus & Kol glanced at each other & I stood up, sensing that she was here.

"I think that it's time for you to leave." Klaus orders, standing up & slowly walking to me.

"Caroline, help..." I heard Elena's faint voice. She was in the Study. I flashed into the other room & saw Elena tied up to the chair with a needle on her upper left arm. Klaus was draining her body.

"Oh my gosh."

Within a second Klaus appeared in front of me. "Let her go Klaus!" I ordered.

"That's very unlikely." He replies.

I take a step back from him. I don't know what to do. If I run I won't have time to get Stefan & Damon without Elena dying.

"B-but you need her to be alive," I breathed, "If you don't kill her, you'll have an unlimited supply of blood for you hybrids."