Chapter 4 - The Fun Begins

The Fun Begins.

It has been 2 weeks since I found out about Stefan & his brother's secret. Along the way, I also found out that Bonnie was a witch, a very powerful one. Lucky for me, she also cannot stand Damon. So at least I have someone on my side.

Today I was hanging out at the Salvatore's, talking to the guys about Klaus. Speaking of him, I have not seen him since he kidnapped me. Neither has anyone else too. Stefan, who's spent more time with Klaus more than anyone, was sure that he was up to no good.

"Just give him his coffins already, so he'll just leave town." I suggest as everyone gathers around.

"Its not that simple Caroline," Bonnie says, frustrated. "Maybe I can do spell on him, you to make sure that his telling the truth?" she says, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"It will never work love," Klaus spoke. He was leaning on the wall, smirking at everyone. By now I was used to the flashing in & out, so It was not surprising. "I'm an original."

Stefan & Damon stand in front of Elena. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asks.

Bonnie tells me to stay put & also stands near Elena. "If you don't want trouble, you'll leave now." Bonnie orders.

"Easy love." Klaus smirks at Bonnie and then turns his attention to Stefan, "I'm tired of these games. Give me my coffins or things are going to get ugly"

Right now there are a million places I'd rather be. Just imagine what my mom would think if she found i was helping my new found vampire friends kill an original powerful vampire. Woah, that would require a lot of explaining.

"If you start killing innocent people, I'll start dumping your family in the ocean." Stefan snaps back. Klaus looked defeated. I sort of felt sorry for him, maybe all he really wanted was his family.

"Stefan," I interrupt, all the attention on me now, "just give it to him."

"Ah, see. At least Caroline here has some common sense!" Klaus cheers, "I told you that I have no business staying in this horrid town."

"You're lying." Damon informed. "We not stupid Klaus. We know that if we give you your family, you'll go after Elena."

Klaus nodded and took a step towards Damon. "Elena is the least of my problems right now. Now all I want is my family back."

Klaus then walks around the living room, causing all of us to stand completely still. He & I locked eyes for the first time since the kidnapping. I know, I shouldn't feel this way, but looking into his eyes made me feel safe.

Stefan broke our connection when He suddenly pulls me into another room. "What was that for?" I grunted, slightly annoyed.

"You cannot just suggest things like that Caroline! Klaus can kill anyone of us without even blinking!" He whispered.

"He can hear you..right?" I half smiled, slightly amused.

"This is not funny Caroline." He says sternly.

Before I could reply, Klaus barges in and smirks at me before facing Stefan. "You have till tonight, 9pm." and with that, he was gone.

Stefan looked back towards me angrily.

"Sorry?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to head to 'The Grill' after I felt uncomfortable at the Salvatore's. I didn't mean what I said, sometimes I just blurt things out without thinking.

I head to the bar and look for signs of my mom or any friends of my mom's before ordering a shot of tequila. "Rough day?" The bartender asks.

I sigh and look up, to find the most hottest guy in this planet. He has short black hair, hypnotizing brown eyes with an amazing body. "Better now," I smile cheekily.

He chuckled and poured me a drink, "I'm Tyler."

Tyler, I've heard his name before. Wait.. "Aren't you the mayor's son? Tyler Lockwood?" I ask, sensing the nosiness.

"Uh yeah, I own this place." He smiles, "I'm just filling in for a friend because his busy today, moving in."

"Do I know who it is?" I ask, innocently.

"Matt Donovan." he replies, "I'm not sure if you know him."

Oh my gosh, Matt?! As in my ex-boyfriend. To be honest, I've never really thought about my old life since I moved here. Right now, it felt like that it was another lifetime ago. "Uh yeah actually. Small world, his my ex.." I say shyly.

"Well, I didn't expect that. Sorry" he frowns.

"No, it's fine. We broke things off yeah, but we stayed friends." I smile, my cheeks going red. Tyler seemed nice. We talked for a few more minutes before we got interrupted by Klaus. He sat by me, like that night we first met.

I decided that it would probably be safer if I didn't speak to him. So instead I remained silent until Tyler came back from taking other people's orders. "Tyler," I shout out to him.

He walks over to me & eyes Klaus before turning his attention back to me, "another shot please." I order.

"Tyler," Klaus's deep husky voice interrupts, "be a dear & leave."

Tyler nods at me before walking over to the other side of the bar. "Is he-?" I ask, trailing off. I did not want to say the word. I always get the shivers whenever I do.

"A hybrid? Yes." He smirked.

"Oh." I muttered, sounding slightly disappointed. I feel his eyes following my every move, this made me feel stuck. "I- I have to go." I blurt out.

"Oh come on Caroline. Stay, get to know me. I'm sure that there's more to me than you think," he winked, sounding amused with himself.

My brain was ordering me to follow Stefan's instructions & leave. But I was never really good at following rules. "Fine," I roll my eyes, "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about you." his eyes staring me down once again, making me lose air. He then leans closer until his close enough to my ears, "Breathe, Caroline." he whispers.

I tilt my head back, wanting some space between us. I couldn't breathe anymore if he came any closer. He smirked at me & then went back to his original position.

"Have you ever travelled?" He asks, out of the blue.

"No," I said with confidence. I was slowly getting the air I need now. "In fact, I've never really been..well anywhere."

"I'll take you," He suggests, looking back at me smiling this time, "Where do you want to go? Italy? Paris?"

I giggle at the thought.

"Tokyo?" He chuckles & I laugh.

I rest my arms on the counter and tilt my head to him. I cannot believe this man has probably killed thousands of people. So why can't I stop thinking about him?

"Is that all you care about?" I muttered, "Getting your family back?" I say out loud.

"I have been alone for thousands of years, running away from my father." he sighs, "And now that i've killed him with his own weapon, I'm free." he gulps, "and so are my family."

I wanted to hug him. I wanted to tell him that I'm here for him & that his not alone. I wanted to make things right.

"I know where Stefan's keeping the coffins."