Chapter 7 - This Is Not A Fairytale

Klaus stared into thin air for a few seconds & then turned his back to me, walking over to Elena's dying body.

"Klaus, please." I begged, watching Elena's body getting drained.

"You make an interesting point." he says calmly. He pulled the needle out of Elena's arm & grabbed the blood bag. "Alright, you've convinced me, she's free. For now."

I rushed over to Elena, helping her get on her feet by feeding her my blood. I looked back up at Klaus, who was watching me, "Thank you," I whispered. Once Elena was on her feet again, I used my vampire speed to take her to The Salvatore's. I'm sure they are probably pulling their hair out looking & worrying about her.

I was placing Elena on their couch just as Stefan & Damon walked in.

"Where was she?" Stefan rushed over to Elena, "How did you find her?"

"Klaus took her." I replied, "I talked to him, convinced him to let her go.."

Damon glared at me for a minute & then smirk, like he had an idea. "So Klaus has a thing for you?"

"No," I scoffed, "He just-" Well actually, I didn't know how to finish that sentence. "No."

Damon once again smirked at me before rushing over to Elena. "How are you feeling?" he asks.

"I'm fine," she replies, slowly sitting up, "Thank you, Care." she smiles at me.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, I was glad to find my mom waiting for me. We sat together talking about our day whilst eating our dinner. Though the food tasted absolutely disgusting I had to eat it, so my mom won't be suspicious.

After dinner my mom and I headed to the living room and watched the news. "Mom?" I whispered.

"Yes,"

"Thank you." I smiled.

She turned her head towards me, "For what?"

"For forcing me to live with you in this town.." I silently chuckled,

"You're welcome.." She chuckled, hugging me. "I'm gonna head to bed, will you be alright?"

"Yeah," I grinned, "I'm gonna stay up a bit, catch up on my horror movies!"

Before I knew it the time was already 2:30am. My eyes were still wide open due to the 5 horror movies I just watched. I dramatically walk into my bedroom and rush to my bed looking any signs of evil monsters. I may be a vampire but I'm still as scared as a cat.

"I think you should cut down on those terrifying movies,"

I practically jumped to the corner and this mysterious guy slowly walked out of the shadows.

"Elijah?"

This is surprising.

"Evening, Caroline." he spoke softly, "Or may I say Good morning?"

"What are you doing here?" I frown, ignoring his statement.

"I have come to deliver a message."

"And a phone call wasn't enough?" I ask sarcastically.

"Please," he hissed, "Stefan pushed my family too far & we are pushing back. Tell him if he wants war, he'll get it." He then takes one step closer and disappeared.

I stand in the middle of my room completely frozen up about what I was just told. If the original family wanted war, they will not hesitate to start one. Oh Stefan, what have you done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I head to school the following morning, still anxious about my conversation with Elijah last night. Stefan spotted me & when he saw the look on my face, his eyes hardened.

"We need to talk."

"Okay, talk." he whispers.

"You pushed them too far Stefan, and now their pushing back." I replied, harshly.

"Pushing back.." Stefan trailed off, "What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Its means," I gulp, "War."