Chapter 1 - Mystic Falls

A/N: Biggest Klaroline fan, so I decided to start a fiction about them!

COPYRIGHT: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING APART FROM SOME OF THE STORYLINES. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE STORYLINES. THANKS.

---------------------------

Mystic Falls.

Watching the forest full of huge trees as we drove past made me realize that I'm further away that I thought. I'm never going to be able to see my friends ever again. My ex-boyfriend Matt was also history now. My life is over. What what is even more humiliating was how my dad could just force me live with my mom. She was never there for us, so why now?

After hours and hours of seeing nothing but trees, the sign in the distance made me sigh in relief. But not for long, that was when I realized what the sign meant. 'Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia. Population 50,000'

Here goes nothing.

"Caroline?" My dad nudges me, "are you ready?"

I irritably take my earphones out of one ear and turn slightly to the man that was just going to dump me in a small town with my mom, who couldn't really care less. "Why are you leaving me again? Can you just explain it one more time!" I screeched.

"Stop being so over-dramatic Care," he sighs, obviously annoyed with my constant complaining, "I have some very important business to take care of and it involves me traveling a lot, so I can't take care of you. Plus your mom wants to be in your life and I don't blame her for wanting to."

I roll my eyes, still slightly angry at him for ditching me. I take some time to relax myself and focus on my surroundings. There was something about this town that wasn't quiet right. It just seemed so...dark.

My dad puts his indicator on and goes right, pulling over in my moms' drive way. My mom stood on the front balcony, wearing her sheriffs uniform. I see she still doesn't care what she wears, even in special occasions. My dad hops out of the car and gives my mom a nod. "Liz, nice to see you again."

"You too, Bill." She half smiles back. I guess it was my turn. I hop out of the car, not showing any emotions at all. She doesn't deserve a hug or an excited 'me'. She has never been there for me, so why should I?

"Liz.." I smile, sarcastically.

"Caroline, its 'mom'," my dad says, eyeing me.

"Why should I call her mom? She's never been one." I snap.

"Care, I'm trying here. Can you please forgive me?" My mom steps off the balcony and walks over to me.

She may be my mom, but this is going to take some time. "Whatever." I roll my eyes. Its my first day here, I didn't want any trouble.

After an hour I was fully moved in and it was time to say my goodbyes. The three of us walk outside and I hug my dad really tight. "Be careful dad," I whisper, still hugging him, "I'll miss you."

"I will sweetheart, and I'm going to miss you too," he replies, returning the hug. After some time we eventually parted.

After my goodbye, my mom walks my dad to his car. They talk for a few more minutes before parting. I wonder what they were talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you want for dinner Caroline?" My mom asks as she enters the living room. I was watching a horror movie and I was a little glad that she walked in. I was truly frightened. I sigh, still putting my walls back up and turn off the T.V.

"Actually, I was thinking of going out for dinner," I reply, trying to not sound frustrated with her existence.

"Of course sweetie, we'll go the 'The Grill'. They serve the best food," she smiles at me before she grabs her keys. I guess theres no point in fighting, cause by now I was extremely hungry.