Chapter 32 - Stuck

"Y-ou're pregnant?" Klaus stumbled his words.

I nodded uncertain, "Yeah."

"Wow, I mean," He looked at me & then down at my stomach. He was listening to the baby's heart beat, "Wow." he whispered.

"Klaus? This is not going to work, is it?" I croaked.

"What do you mean?" He says, confused.

"I mean Hayley." I explained.

"Hayley?" he says still clueless, I watched as he put the pieces together. "Oh no, Hayley was lying- she wasn't never pregnant with my child." he grinned.

"Oh." I said to myself. Then suddenly it clicked, Hayley- she wasn't expecting a child. "Oh!!" I grinned. "T-this is good news!"

"Yeah. This is amazing news. I- were going to be parents." Klaus exclaimed.

I clasped my hands together & rested them on my nose, "Yes, we- you and I- are going to be mommy and daddy."

Klaus then walked to me & gave me a hug. "Everything is going to be fine from now on."

"No it won't." I cried. Klaus had to know the truth. I couldn't bare it anymore. "Someone wants to kill our baby Klaus!" I sobbed.

Klaus grasped onto my neck & I shook my head, not wanting to open my eyes & face him.

"Sweetheart look at me." he says softly.

I slowly opened my eyes and tears ran down my cheeks. He quickly wiped them away but then more and more just kept coming.

"No one is going to harm my child. I will find out who is threatening our baby & I will slaughter them. Okay?" he says, assuringly.

"You probably shouldn't use that language when the baby is born." I said, pouting.

Klaus chuckled, "Of course."

"But please do slaughter them." I added.

"I will."

"And I want to help." I said seriously.

"Caroline.." Klaus started, "No, not with my baby in your stomach. You are going to live in the mansion with Rebekah while Elijah and I find this killer." Klaus explained.

"But-"

"No."

---------------------------------

The reception was dying down & everybody was pretty much going home. I quickly scouted the place for Tyler but he was no where to be found.

"Hey Jeremy!" I call out. Jeremy was still sitting on one of the tables by himself. He actually looked a bit lonely. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. I mean seeing your ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend all night was just the best." He says sarcastically.

"I'm sorry Jer." I said.

"Is there something you need?" He says, with annoyance in his voice.

"Uh yeah," I smiled, ignoring his rudeness, "Have you seen Tyler?"

He nodded, "Yeah, he left with some chick."

Great, I guess I'm walking home. Ever since I became pregnant my vamp speed has been weak. "Thanks Jeremy, try and enjoy the rest of the night."

I walked out onto the shivering cold breeze & saw everybody leaving. Damn, I wish I brought my car. I was about to start walking when i heard Klaus's voice calling my name. Of course, why didn't I think of him before.