Chapter 8 - Waging A War

My life could soon end, before It even starts. Seriously I'm an 17/18 year old girl vampire who will stay like this for eternity. But then again, that would of been nice if I was absolutely sure that I was going to make it out alive.

No one knew how or when the originals were going to attack. For all we know they could've started today or tomorrow? Or maybe even 3 hours ago. All we knew was that we had to be ready at all costs.

"Damon," Elena whispers interrupting my thoughts, "I want you to compel Matt & Jeremy to leave town. At least until this is all over." she sighs, "I don't want them to get hurt."

Damon nods and flashes out. I look over to Stefan & Bonnie who were busy coming up with a plan.

"Even if I try a spell, it'll never work." Bonnie hissed, "They're originals. My kind of power will never work unless I've had years & years of training."

"Maybe I could talk to Klaus," I spoke up after hours of silence. Everybody gazed at me confused, "I've convinced him to let Elena go...It's just a thought." I dropped my head, hoping they wouldn't see my cheeks flush.

"You could try, but I doubt Klaus will let things go that easily," Elena says, determination in her voice.

I was about to leave when a huge explosion interrupted me. The sound was so loud that It broke every window in the Salvatore's house.

"It's time!" Stefan shouts from underneath a table. "Caroline, keep Elena safe!" he orders me.

I rush to Elena & take her to the nearby forest. I look back over to make sure that no one was following us before leading Elena to the Lockwood Cellar.

"Damon's just texted me saying that Matt & Jeremy are leaving A.S.A.P" I say to Elena, putting my phone back into my pocket.

We both hear some more loud explosions before Klaus & Kol came flashing in. I rush over in front of Elena protecting her.

"Leave her out of this." I commanded, staring them both down.

"Aw, but what is the fun in that?" Kol replies, smirking & walking closer to Klaus who was inches away from us.

I eyed Klaus and my whole body suddenly felt more relaxed, "Klaus," I whispered, "You can hurt me but please, leave Elena out of this."

Klaus dropped his head, looking a bit hurt and then looked up at Kol. "Take Elena, I wish to speak with Caroline...alone."

Kol pushes me, causing me to fall into Klaus's arms & within a second, we were alone. "I cannot believe you just did that!" I hissed, pushing him off me.

"Relax love," Klaus replied calmly, "Kol won't lay a finger on her.."

I walk by the door and cross my arms, my back turned to him. "So what now? You're going to keep me in here till everyone is dead."

"Do you really think that low of me?" He asks gloomily.

"Yes." I snap back, tilting my head slightly towards him. I could feel him walking closer to me but I refuse to face him.

"After all we've been through.."

I didn't realize how close we were until I turned around completely. His eyes were gazing at mine the entire time, not looking away, even for a second. Our lips were inches away and our noses were slightly touching.

"Klaus..I.." I breathed.

His finger touched my lower lip as he spoke softly, "Travel the world with me."

I take a step back, astonished by his proposal. "What?" I asked.

"Come with me when I leave. We can go to all kinds of places! Visit ancient buildings.." he trailed off.

"I- I can't" I looked down, "I have my friends here & my mom."

"Well on the contrary, you might not.." he says, seriously, "..after this is over."

For a second there, I almost forgot that this man standing before me was an evil conniving creature that will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

"You're sick." I spat out. I glanced at him one more time before exiting the cellar, I didn't get very far though. Klaus was in front of me within a flash.

"Fine, have it your way." He speaks, "But mark my word Caroline. A small town boy in a small town place won't be enough for you. And when you finally realize that..I'll be right here, waiting." He walked off and left me standing in the middle of the forest..

What if he was right though? What if this town will never be enough for me. What if this is all I get, passing up an opportunity to travel the world.

"Caroline?" I twirl my head around & see Tyler, his pants & shirts ripped.

"Tyler." I sighed, relieved, "What happened to you?"

He looked down at his attire," I'm trying to break my sire bond to Klaus.." he looked up again, our eyes meeting.

"Why?" I silently chuckled.

"So that I'll be free from that monster.."

"His not-" I sighed, "His not a monster.." I muttered.

Tyler's eyes widen and he takes one step closer, "Wait, are you actually defending him? After what his done? Or what he is doing right now?!!" He shouts.

"No of course not!" I hissed, "I just think that.." I gulped, "They're might be a lot more to him that what everybody just assumes.."

Tyler's face expression didn't change. "Wow," he scoffed before leaving me, once again alone.

I used this moment to replay my conversation with Tyler. Oh my gosh, I WAS defending him. Everyday I try my best to think about all the horrible things that his done, but I just think to myself that we've all done horrible things. Klaus has an effect on me that I can't quite understand. Was it his charm? The way he looks & talks to me? How his always calmer with me? Oh my gosh, I gasped & whispered,

"I'm in love with Klaus."