Chapter 40 - Caroline Mikaelson?

a/n: last chapter guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caroline Mikaelson?.

{Stefan's P.O.V}

"Elena!" I yelled quickly racing downstairs. Elena, along with Bonnie and Rebekah came running in the hallway. "She's not there. She's gone."

"Oh my god!" Bonnie gasped. "W-what do we do?"

I shook my head. Why would Caroline do this? "I don't- Ah- lets not panic okay?"

Rebekah picked up her phone and started dialing her but she wasn't responding. "This is unbelievable. Should we tell Klaus?"

Bonnie shook her head. "No. She will be back by this afternoon, I know, she just needs her space."

I frowned. "What if she doesn't? Klaus will be humiliated!" I informed.

We all stared impatiently at Bonnie and she sighed. "She will be back." She repeated.

I exhaled loudly and walked out to the front and I heard Elena follow me. I sat by the steps and she mimicked my actions. "Where could she be?" I sighed brushing my hair with my fingers.

Elena patted me comfortingly on my back and gave me a slight hug. I pushed her away slightly. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

I stood up. "Do you think that I'm stupid?" I hissed, my back still facing her.

She pulls herself off the stairs and slowly walks my direction. "What are you talking about?" She says dumbfounded.

"You and Damon." I say, getting straight to the point.

"Oh."

My anger boiled up inside of me and I turned around to face her. She looked embarrassed and slightly upset. "Oh? That's all you can say?"

Tears started forming in her eyes. It took everything I had not to hold her in my arms. "I was gonna tell you but-"

"But you thought it wasn't important enough to get in the way of our wedding?" I interrupted.

She nodded in unison. "Yes, yes exactly! I didn't tell you because I know it would cause one big mess and-"

"And I would call off the wedding?" I hissed. "Did it mean anything?"

"No! Stefan I love you!" She says.

I looked down and she takes a few steps closer to me. "I-I'm sorry.." She says softly.

"Yeah.." I gulped. "I can't do this, I'm sorry too." I stepped away from her and started walking down the driveway.

"What does that mean?!" She yelled. I could her the desperation in her voice, I knew that she really was sorry but that kind of news would of been better to hear before I married her.

I never replied to her, instead I vamp-sped back to the mansion. By the time I got back the backyard was all set up. There were chairs set up in four rows of five, an archway right in the middle with tiny pennies covering it, white flowers forming a walkway in the middle going towards the front and a fairly brand new piano in the front corner. The place looked so good I was smiling at the scenery.

"Its nice isn't it?" Kol came up from behind me.

I nodded hesitantly. Kol and I weren't exactly what I would call a friend. "Yeah, its very well decorated."

"It was all Caroline.." He patted my back awkwardly and walked away.

I almost forgot about Caroline. I found a private space in the garden before grabbing my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number again.

My heart was rushing every time the phone rang out, hoping that she will actually pick up. I finally heard the line click and I instantly felt relieved.

Before she could answer I started my rant. "Caroline?! What are you doing? You need to get back here now? Are you crazy?! You cannot leave now after everything you've been through!" I half whispered, knowing vampire hearing senses are all around me.

She sighed and the line clicked. She just hung up on me.

It was now half an hour before the ceremony. All the guest have arrived which is basically 95% of Mystic Falls. No one has heard from Caroline and I was getting anxious. I dialed Bonnie's number for the fifth time.

"Not yet." She says after she picks up.

"I have to tell Klaus now." I informed and before she could reply I hung up.

"Tell Klaus what exactly?" Elijah voice came from behind me.

"Um." I hesitated. "Caroline is not coming."

Elijah crossed his arms furiously. "What do you mean?"

"It means she is a runaway bride." I sighed.

"This is absurd. The guest are already here and-"

Elijah's rambling was interrupted by the pastors voice through the microphone. "Attention everyone, please take your seats are the ceremony is now starting."

"Do not tell him." Elijah spoke.

I looked at him confused. "He'll be humiliated."

"She will come." He says before walking to the front next to Klaus. I took my spot next to Elijah and Kol.

My eyes were still searching the crowd for Bonnie but she was nowhere to be seen. By this time my palms have started to sweat and my heart was rushing to get out of my chest before it explodes. The bridesmaids started entering, at first it was Bonnie then Rebekah and lastly Elena.

She looked so beautiful. Her hair was tided up in a styled up messy bun and she was wearing her natural look make-up. She glanced my way and it instantly brought me back to Damon. I just couldn't get the image of them kissing out of my mind, especially since she was my wife.

It was finally time. The brides entrance song started and everybody stood up. I looked over to Klaus who seemed to be extremely excited.

Here goes the disaster.

The song went for for about 30 seconds and everyone started to look confused and frustrated. Elijah glanced my way and gave me a nod.

"Klaus this is probably a bad time but.." I hesitated again.

"Caroline is not coming.." Elijah finished.

Klaus didn't even look at us he was still looking straight ahead grinning like theres no tomorrow thats when I got extremely confused. Why would he be happy about this? The brides entering song started playing again and I glance up to find Caroline standing at the end of the isle in her wedding dress and a wide smile on her her.

She came.

{Caroline's P.O.V}

I felt completely stupid after thinking back to the last few hours. I love Klaus, why wouldn't I want to marry him, Elena was definitely right, cold feet is a bitch. I was grinning the while walk down the isle and when Klaus took my hand, everything felt right.

I didn't feel nervous or frustrated or doubtful..I felt complete. I was marrying the guy of my dreams and we both had a beautiful daughter that we loved very much.

This wasn't the end, this was just the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Let me be the first to say:

THE END!

here comes the speech:

*ahem*

First off all i wanna thank you guys so so much for giving this story a chance it has been an honor writing this and I love and appreciate you all for reading it and giving it votes and commenting and fanning! I truly love you guys! Thank you for putting up with my laziness (haha) but you guys kept motivating me to write more and I'm really grateful you think I am (a decent) writer. Hehe

Thank you! Thank You! THANK YOU!!!!

Well goodbye for now my fellow wattpad-ers!