Chapter 15 - Our Differences

a/n: IT HAS ARRIVED! ahaha, okay enjoy reading!

---------------------------------

"That's Impossible!" Bonnie exclaims after hearing Stefan's plan. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I was sort of glad that she is positive that she can't kill Klaus, let alone all his siblings.

"It is possible Bonnie, all we need is for Esther to be on our side!" Stefan explains.

"Even if we get Esther. Alaric will still come after you." Bonnie sighs, remembering something from the past.

"What do you mean?" I ask, curiously.

"Alaric wants every vampire dead."

Elena silently gasped," But why start with the originals then?"

Bonnie shrugs, "I'm not entirely sure.."

We all get lost in our thoughts before Stefan interrupts, "I'll go home & do some research.." He then flashes out after giving Elena a quick peck. Bonnie also heads out to figure things out, leaving Elena and I.

"What's going on?" I ask, worriedly, watching her incredulously.

"Nothing.." Elena mutters, obviously dragging it out, "It's just-"

"Miss Gilbert.."

We both twirl & see Alaric beside a middle aged woman, which I can only assume is Esther. Elena gasped & I took a step in front of her, guarding.

"Aw, how sweet.." Alaric teased, "But were not here for her." he says in an ill-mannered tone.

"Where are my children?" Esther says bitterly.

Elena & I face each other, then looked forward again at the faces of Esther & Alaric.

I step forward, "Why would you hurt your own children?" I spat out bitterly.

Esther tilts her head up high before also stepping forward, "The witches on the other side are punishing me for introducing such cruel creatures in this world that are known as my children," she breathes, letting her words sink in, "Now, since I am responsible for creating this trouble & it is also my duty to end it."

"But-" I stutter, "They're your kids!" I say to her, almost shouting.

"They are vicious creatures." she shots back.

"Enough!" Alaric interferes, startling both of us. He takes a step forward, next to Esther & then grabs me by the arm. "Tell me where they are or I will snap your neck." he gritted through his teeth.

Panic sets in. I have no clue, honestly. Though even if I did know I wouldn't tell them. Why? Well firstly I don't think what they are doing is right & secondly even I'm mad at him, I wouldn't be able to cope if he died.

"I - I don't know!" I cried from the pain he forces on my arm. I'm not entirely sure how he does it, I mean I've never felt this pain before. Its like a mix of vervain on my skin with a pinch of sharp pencils poked through my veins. Let's just say, it hurt.

"You're lying!" He roars.

"I'm not!"

He groans & turns to Esther, with his hand still grasping onto my arm. He gives Esther an what-are-we-going-to-do look.

"Tie them down & we'll keep looking." Esther orders before walking off into the hallway.

Within a second Alaric twists both of my arms to my back & tied a rope covered with vervain around them. I wince in pain as he tightens it, the rope digging into my skin.

"Wait-" I mutter, "Aren't you a vampire as well?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

He nodded, slightly interested in what I was about to tell him. "Why doesn't the vervain hurt you?"

He smirks at me, but not in an playful way. More like a bitter smirk. He leans in until his close to my ear, "Wouldn't you like to know." he whispers, sending shivers down my spine.

He then steps back & glances at me before going over to Elena. I couldn't take the pain anymore. The vervain from the rope was slowly but painfully digging under my skin & every single time I moved it felt like it was scratching my skin of little by little.

"Let her go!" Elena commands, although it sounded more like a plead.

"They are the enemies Elena! How stupid can you be not to see that?!" Alaric roared back, his hands grasping onto her arms.

I was dying down. The vervain found its way through my skin & into my blood. I hear Alaric & Elena continue arguing before Elena rushes over to me.

"Elena.." I breathed," Get out of here, get some help."

"No." she replies sternly, "I won't leave you." With her last words she was knocked out cold onto the ground.

The thud from her body falling gave me the energy to break through the ropes & punch Alaric until he was weak enough to fight. As soon as I was sure he wasn't going to follow me I flashed out of the room and into the hallway. I was running down the hallway when I realized that Elena was still inside. I slowed down & that was when two pairs of hands clasped onto me from behind, covering my mouth so I wouldn't be able to scream.

------------------------------

A/N : You know you love me.. ;)

VOTES, COMMENT & possibly FAN.

ex oh ex oh.