Chapter 31 - Emotions, Stupid Emotions

Hayley fiddled with her fingers before looking at me directly in the eye. Whatever she was going to tell me, she was hesitant about it. “Well-“

She got interrupted by Tyler’s voice shouting my name. He came running up to both of us, “Hey, you coming?”

I looked at Hayley who seemed dumbfounded. She blankly stared at Tyler & quickly smirked back at me, “You know what? It’s not important.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah.”  She replied, “I’ll see you soon.” She says before walking away.

“What is it Ty?” I breathed, almost pissed at him for interrupting.

“To the wedding, I’m your date.” he smiled confidently. “Look I know things are tough right now between you and Klaus, and I just thought maybe you needed a friend.”  

Tyler has always been a good friend to me, he was always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on & I’ve always appreciated that about him. “Thanks Ty.” I smiled and gave him a quick hug.

Before we headed to the lake where Elena & Stefan were holding their wedding, Tyler took me home to get dressed into my bridesmaids dress. The dress was simple but elegant; it was a powder yellow strapless dress that was knee length. It was beautiful. “Just wait here, I’ll be back.” I told Tyler.

I stepped into my house and it suddenly sent chills down my spine. It was pure dark and I looked around, there was someone here. “Mom?” I shouted…no response. I quickly headed to the living room and turned the lights on. I let out the breath I was holding in and headed to my room. There on my bed, was my dress and on top of that dress was a note. I dropped my bag on the ground and picked up the letter. I smiled, “Klaus?”

I turned the note over grinning like there’s no tomorrow,

‘The secret is out, and somebody is going to pay.’

I had suddenly lost my breath. I consciously dropped the letter on the ground and stared blankly at the dress that was lying on my bed. Someone knows about my child and that someone wants to kill it. I held onto my stomach, subconsciously protecting my baby & ran out to Tyler.

“What’s wrong?” Tyler asked, worried.

“We have to go, now!” I shouted and hopped onto the car. Tyler turned his engine off and faced me.

“Not until you tell me. What happened in there?” he asked again.

“S-someone’s after my child!” I cried. I couldn’t help it. Someone is coming after my child and I felt helpless for some reason. What if he or she does get to my baby, I couldn’t stand the thought of that happening. My child is not even born yet & someone already wants it dead.

“Okay, okay, don’t panic. We’ll just alert Stefan and Elena. I’m sure that they’ll understand.” Tyler says.

“I don’t want to ruin their wedding, oh my- I’ll have to tell Klaus.” I said, trying to regain my consciousness. Tyler looked at me uncertain.

“Are you sure? I mean you have been going on and on about not telling Klaus & now you suddenly want to tell him.” He pointed out.

I shook my head, he was right. I was positive that I was going to kick ass at this single parent thing and that I wouldn’t need Klaus but plans have changed, someone knows about my baby. “I have no other choice Tyler, I’ll have to shallow my pride- for my baby.”

[30 minutes later]

Elena Salvatore. It was hard to imagine, my best friend – is married. We toasted happily as the two lovebirds kissed after finishing their inspiring speech. Bonnie sat next to the bride & I sat next to Bonnie. It was a happy moment, it was supposed to be. Though the only thing going through my mind was, I am going to find whoever is threatening my baby & I’m going to kill them for making me think like this. I couldn’t concentrate and plus Klaus hasn’t arrived and I was starting to worry.

“Are you okay Caroline?” Bonnie suddenly asks me.

“I’m fine.” I replied, not looking directly at her. At the very moment Klaus, walked into the reception. His smile was so precious; I desperately wanted to run to him and just hug him. I haven’t seen him since the trip and I was instantly wondering if he was still interested in me. He looked around at the atmosphere before making eye contact with me, that’s when his smile faded. He was just looking at me dead straight, I couldn’t what was going through his mind when he saw me – his face was blank.

I swallowed the food in my mouth and stood up, ready to walk to him. Before I could, he flashed straight in front of me. He was so close that I could actually feel him breathing down my neck. He was still staring with a blank emotion, “Hello Caroline.” He suddenly smirked.

Before I could say anything, he pulled me in for a hug, “I’ve missed you.” He says hopelessly. I didn’t respond I just smiled, he has no idea how much I have missed him.

“Uhm Klaus?” I say, croakily. In my head I sounded brave but when I spoke I sound like a little girl crying because she was scared of the dark.

“Yes love?” he replied as he pulled away.

“I need to talk to you, in private…” I say more confidently.

“Of course.”

I took Klaus out to the far side of the lake where it was dark but had the right atmosphere. I continued to walk when he grabbed my hand and looked at me confusingly. I think we have gone far enough. My fingers intertwined with his and I suddenly felt nauseous. This is was the moment I’m going to find out if he will accept this child.  “oh well okay, there’s something I need to tell you..”

“I think we’ve established that…” he says jokingly. I looked at him dead straight and he instantly knew this was a serious issue. “What is it? Tell me.”

I closed my eyes and clutched onto his blouse. I rested my head under his and breathed. He then embraced me, holding me tightly. “It’s okay, I’m here now sweetheart.”

“I’m pregnant.” I whispered quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: woo! go me for updating :-)

So who do you think is the pyscho killer who wants to kill Care's baby?

I'll keep tihs short and sweet- VOTES, COMMENTS and possibly FAN!

Thank you for reading again xoxoxoxo