Chapter 26 - Life Goes On

Chapter 26

I was talking to Elena on the phone about whats happened while I was here, she was rambling on about how i should just come back because he is most likely going to be a father. "..What about Tyler? he's still into you." she says.

I frustratedly groan, "No, Elena. Look I just needed some advice about what I should do. I don't need you hooking me up with other people!"

"Well I was just suggesting!" she giggle over the phone, "Just- please come home..I miss my Carebear."

I smiled, Elena can be really sweet, "I will soon. I'm gonna go, bye." I hanged up and turned to Katherine who was already packed.

"You guys seriously make me sick." she scoffed, then she rolled her eyes.

"Well thats what friends do, maybe if you had some, you'd know." I said.

"I have friends." She shot back. "Theres Pearl."

I rolled my eyes, "Weren't you leaving?"

"Fine." she grabbed her suitcase & headed for the door, "Just be careful."

It wasn't a surprise that Klaus arrived just minute after she left. He was probably listening to our whole conversation. "Caroline, that thing inside Haley is not mine." she explains.

"Baby."

He raises his eyebrow,"Excuse me?"

I turned around to face him, he was leaning by the door frame, "It is not a thing, its called a baby."

"Yes, baby." she nodded, slightly smiling, "Please stay, I want you to see that it is most certainly not mine."

I sighed, I started covering my face with my hand & dropping on the bed. I hear his footsteps coming towards me & a slight 'plump' sound. I then felt a hand going around my shoulders. "I don't know Klaus, this is too much."

"I know love," he whispers, "I apologize."

"No, don't apologize." I looked up, "Its my fault for not letting you go."

He hugged me sideways, I buried my head on his chest. Somehow i felt safe, "I'm glad that you didn't. Come stay with me at my cabin."

"I would love to." I smile, "I just don't know if i will be able to handle if it was yours. As a matter of fact, how is it even possible? I mean your a vampire-which means-"

"Sweetheart!" Klaus gasps, "Its cute when you do that but we must leave."

I nod & blush, "Right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus and I met up with Elijah at the hospital. He seemed to be more excited to find out than Klaus, god knows why.

"Ah so you decided to stay Caroline, wise choice." Elijah smiled.

"Yeah." I managed to say. I never know how to talk when I talk to Elijah. He always has this old American proper vibe going on and I always feel intimidated by it.

Haley arrived moments later & the mood on my invisible mood ring turned blood red. I literally cannot stand to see her face. She gave me a death stare & Klaus managed to hold me down.

The doctor came out of the room with a board on his hand & looked at his surroundings. To the left was Klaus, me & Elijah & far across the other room was Haley.

"Haley is it?" the doctor asks. Haley nodded. "You are the mother of this child am I correct?"

"Yes, and were here to find out who the father may be." she says seriously.

"Yes well I have the results right here, are you positive you want all these people to know?" He asks, staring down Haley. I gulp, because i know she would want me to leave.

"I don't care, just tell me."

"Okay," The doctor sighed, "The father is indeed Niklaus."

-----------------------------------------

A/N: sorry that this chapter was short but this is just an opening to a new-ish storyline, Caroline making taking a BIG step on her future. Da da da!!!!

Stay tuned guys!

Remember;

VOTES, COMMENTS & possibly FAN!!

Thank you for reading xoxoxo