Chapter 2 - Friends & Enemies

Friends & Enemies.

Stefan eyed me even more when I didn't reply. He looked so serious and stern. What was so bad about this Klaus guy? He seemed sweet to me last night.

"Why?" I ask, smiling but eyeing him back.

"Caroline, just please. I don't want you to get hurt. Just trust us when we say this; Klaus is dangerous." Elena explains. Okay, she explained that his dangerous and she didn't say why.

But I should trust them more. I mean I'm only new here and I don't want trouble. But then again, replaying last night in my head..it felt more like a dream. A beautiful magical dream.

"Okay." I finally reply, letting them all relax for a bit. Even though Klaus was extremely attractive, of course I had no choice but to stick with my new friends. The bell then finally rings and we all head to class.

Last period just kind of went by like a blur. The same old boring lecture, same boring teacher & the same boring classroom. By the end I was completely & utterly done.

I was on my way to my car when I saw a guy eyeing me from a distance. I looked back to see if anyone else was behind me, no one. When I turned around the guy was right in front of me. He was the same person that went off at Klaus last night. What was his name?

"I'm Damon,." he smirks, his eyes admiring my whole body.

I take a step back and he just stood there smirking. He was disgusting.

"You're creeping me out." I say with confidence, "Seriously, you hang around near local high school's?" I ask narrowing my eyebrows.

He grabs me by the shoulders and before I had the chance to escape, everything just kind of blurred.

I needed to run..I uh-

He looked at me straight in the eyes & that was all I remember. The next thing I knew was sitting in my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After trying to remember what happened on my drive home, I gave up. I locked my car and headed for the front door which is where my mom was standing, waiting for me.

"How was your first day honey?" she asked, with a welcoming smile. After the day I've had, I was sort of happy that she decided to play mommy today.

"It was pretty good, I met some friends." I smiled back as we sat in the living room, "Elena, Bonnie & Stefan." When I mentioned 'Stefan' her face went pale. Okay, seriously what is up with this town! "Mom, are you okay?"

My mom looked around the room before having the courage to face me again, "That's great honey. Just be careful."

"Sure." I half smiled. Suddenly I felt pain in my neck. Ugh, its getting worse. "I'm going to have a shower." My mom nodded and I headed to my room.

I went to the bathroom and took of the scarf that was on me. To be honest I never realized that I was wearing one. I looked at both sides of my neck and it looked perfectly fine, not one scratch. But why do I feel like I just got stabbed in the neck. Maybe I just need some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, school was out because of some winter carnival the held in the town center. On the way, my mom told me that they always have these kinds of things. I wonder why. My mom and I parted ways when she got a call from the station, so I decided to wonder around myself. I met up with Elena & Stefan at 'The Grill'.

"So how are you liking this town?" Elena asks as she took a sip from her drink. I had a feeling that Elena and I were going to be close. She was sweet and caring. It reminded me of my old best friend.