Chapter 38 - Misguided

Misguided.

A loud disturbing thump awakened me from the nightmare I was merely having. My body automatically sat up and when my eyes opened I saw nothing but darkness.

"Who's there?!" I warned.

"Its only me Caroline." I heard Klaus groaning and standing. I glanced to the side and saw Klaus getting up from the ground and frowning at me. "You pushed me off the bed."

My cheeks reddened. "Oops. Sorry," I apologized and Klaus took back his spot next to me. "I was having a nightmare." I explained.

"Are you okay?" Klaus asked looking concerned.

I nodded slowly. "I think."

Klaus looked at me exhaustedly. "Just get some sleep love. It was just a dream." He comforted me. I sighed and curled up next to him again.

It was pretty hard trying to get some sleep again. When Klaus had fallen asleep completely he slowly released his grip in me and I had taken over the other side of the bed tossing and turning. At around 4:30am I finally gave in and got out of bed. My dream felt way too realistic to be just a regular nightmare. My daughter's scream was still ringing into my ears and I had no way of stopping it. I remember in the dream I was chasing someone who had her. But who was it? Marcel? Hayley? or maybe even Esther..

This terrified me to pieces. I quietly made my way to the kitchen and grabbed myself a blood bag before sitting on one of the stools. Everything was completely silent. Every noise i made echoed throughout the house and I was slightly scared.

I exhaled loudly and buried my face with my hands. This stress can't be good for this baby. I don't know how to deal with this anymore. These threats and warnings and nightmares, I thought I can overcome them because I know that I can protect Elizabeth but I do have doubts - the truth is I'm afraid.

"Caroline?"

Startled, I jump from my seat and nearly twisted my neck turning around. "You scared me half to death!" I exaggerated.

"I'm sorry." Bonnie laughs and takes a seat next to me. "Whats on your mind?"

I glanced down at the blood bag I had already drank and then at Bonnie with tears falling down on my cheek. "I know I hold up this brave and slightly controlling face." I whimpered. "The truth is, I am hanging on for dear life here Bon."

Bonnie nodded." I know."

"I'm scared and terrified and so unsure of my future. My baby? I want to protect her so badly that I would gladly die for her. Klaus? I would do the same. But what about me? When do i get a say in all this?" I sobbed.

Bonnie touched my shoulder and squeezed in gently. "Sweetie, I know that it probably feels like you don't have a lot of options right now but trust me when i say this, you are a young hot vampire. You have an eternity to do things you want with or without Klaus and your baby."

I shook my head and wiped my tears. "Not with someone after her." I straightened my posture and looked up at the roof. "Gosh, hormones you know?" I nervously chuckled.

Bonnie smiled. "You are going to be a great mom and wife Caroline."

"Thanks."

--------------------------------

The next few months came and gone fairly quickly and soon enough my body was completely violated by my baby. I was pretty sure I was going to go into labour at any moment now so I spent most of my days at home curled up with a good book. Rebekah didn't mind staying home with me as she didn't want me to be alone when I go into labour.

"You know you make me nervous when you do that?" Rebekah commented on my breathing exercises.

"It helps me relax.." I replied calmly as I continued.

"Right."

Elijah walked into the room and automatically glanced at my actions. "Do I want to know?" He raised his eyebrow.

"It helps me relax!" I snapped.

"My apologies then." He nodded and turned to Rebekah. "I can watch over from you Rebekah. You can do as you please."

I rolled my eyes as I watched Rebekah smile and walk out of the room. "I'm not a dog." I grumbled knowing he would definitely hear me.

"It is important to keep a close eye on you-"

"Because my baby is special blah blah blah." I finished Elijah's sentence. It was the same every single damn time.

"Just try to be patient Caroline." Elijah says calmly.

That night Klaus called me up to a room I have never been in before. I also couldn't see it because I had to keep my eyes closed.

"Open your eyes." Klaus instructed.

I slowly opened my eyes and found I was standing in the middle if a nursery. In the far corner stood a well built powder blue crib and the opposite side was the changing table. On the other sides were a play area that were filled with dolls and stuff animals and then in the last corner was a rocking chair. A tear escaped my eye and Klaus wiped it away. "What do you think?"

"Its beautiful." I replied and kissed him on the cheek.

"Elijah designed it, I just helped built it.." He says shyly.

"Nik, it is amazing." I grinned.

He cocked his head to the side. "You just called me 'Nik'"

"Is that bad?"

He shook his head. "No, I like it." He places his arms around my waist and mine around his neck. He pulls me in for a tender kiss. As we deepened the kiss he carries me bridal style back into our bedroom. He caresses me slowly onto the bed and I pull away breathless.

"Did I do something wrong?" He frowns.

I shake my head excessively.

"Then what-"

"My water just broke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope this chapter was alright for you guys. I just wanted to write about Caroline's feeling about this whole mess and yeah it just came out :-)

Thank you so so much for reading! xoxoxoxo

VOTES & COMMENTS are suggested!!

and possibly FAN!