Chapter 29 - The Truth Flows

A/N: So this chapter is based on Klaus's point of view after Caroline left.

Okay, I'm not very good at writing from a guys perspective but just try to enjoy it!

----------------------------------

Chapter 29

(Klaus's P.O.V)

I was furious. After walking out on Caroline I headed straight to the bar & ordered myself a few drinks.

Did she really think i was going to raise this baby. That doctor was a phony. There was no way that I was the father of Haley's child. It was just impossible because I was positive that I used protection.

I shake my head unwillingly and took one shot, then another & just for fun, one more. I felt tipsy but not drunk because I knew he was watching me, like always.

"Elijah." I clear my voice just as he stepped out of the shadow. "Come on, can't your little brother enjoy the single life until I'm tied down." I say, almost sarcastically.

"You should be with Haley, Niklaus. You need to figure out your next move." Elijah scolds, "You must-"

"I know." I rolled my eyes, "I just need time to think, I haven't exactly been having a great day, thank you for asking."

"Nik." Elijah sighed, walking over to me and leaning on the side bar, "Talk to Haley.."

I pushed him aside and took another shot. "No." I hissed.

"If not for the baby.. do it for your beloved Caroline. You owe it to her to be a good father." Elijah says

He just won't drop this subject. I growled and stood up furiously. "I don't owe her anything." I shouted and walked out the bar.

As I stepped out I felt the cool breeze of San Francisco go through me. I looked up at the moon & thought for a minute. I guess the only reason Caroline and I separated was because of this child.

I was about to call Haley when my phone went off. It showed 'Stefan' Why on earth would he be calling, "Stefan, what can I do for you?" I say sarcastically.

"We its great to hear your voice too Klaus!" he chuckled.

"Look its not a good time, your lucky i'm even talking to you.." I say seriously

"Look, Elena and I are getting married & I just wanted to invite you to the wedding.." he asked.

"Alright, I'll make an appearance if you insist." I smirked.

"Great! I'll put you down as Caroline's date." he says happily.

"Actually we are on a break. So I would like to bring my own date, Haley." I replied

"I'm not sure..I mean Caroline will be there."

"Look this was her idea, she wanted me to be a good father." I sighed.

"Haley's pregnant?!" Stefan said shockingly.

"Yes." I replied, "I have to go, I'll see you at the wedding.."

I knew I would loathe myself for this.. I hanged up and dialed Haley's number. As soon as the lined clicked I spoke, "Meet me at my place in 20 minutes."

I hanged up and headed to my place. Surprisingly as soon as I arrived Haley had already been there waiting. "That was fast." I commented.

"Well, I was actually heading here in the first place. To talk." Haley say quietly.

"I know what I'm going to do." I sighed, "I'm going to help raise this baby, because this was my responsibility." I closed my eyes in disbelief. What has Caroline done to me.

"Uhm yes.." Haley hesitated.. "Its yours and you should man up and take responsibility."

"Why did you hesitate?" I said, my curiously overfilling me.

"I didn't."

I narrowed my eyebrows, "Is this baby mine?"

"Yes," Haley gulped, "It is."

This is ridiculous, "Haley, when the baby is born and I take another DNA test and the results are negative. There will be consequences " I hissed.

"Okay, its not yours." Haley says, looking down.

I never thought those 3 words could have made me feel like the happiest man on earth. All the anger and rage suddenly turned into satisfaction. I no longer have to be away from Caroline, we could be together once more. "Why on earth did you lie?" I ask curiously.

Normally I would be furious that someone used me like that but just thinking of being with Caroline again has made me calm.

"These witches, they were after me. Klaus they threatened to kill me!" Haley pleaded.

"This is my problem, how?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"So I told them I was pregnant, with your child.." she explained, .."because I knew they wouldn't hurt me if they knew it was yours."

"But the doctor.."

"Its surprisingly easy to bribe doctors here." she awkwardly chuckled.

"I would suggest you leave before I rip out your eyes from you sockets." I growled. She stepped back and widened her eyes.

"I'm really sorry, but I need your help!" she begged

"Oh my bad, of course i'll help you after you merely destroyed my relationship with Caroline!" I yelled, "Your lucky i'm even showing you some mercy! Now leave!" I shouted & she ran out.

I inhaled & exhaled as I sat down on the front porch. Right now the only thing that was on my mind was Caroline. I need to call her. I took my phone out & went down under her name. I was about to press 'call' when I realized something. All she wanted was to graduate. I can't give her anymore stress, I need to give her space. Once she graduates then I'll be able to talk to her. But right now she needs her time and maybe i need time too...

------------------------------------

A/N: Plot twist! hehe, anyway hope you guys liked this chapter.. :-)

The next chapter is already written & I hope you guys will enjoy it. I know i enjoyed writing it.

Anyway...

VOTESSS

COMMENTSSS

and possibly, FAN!

Thank you for reading!!!!

xoxox