Chapter 13 - Creating New Memories

The ride home was kind of a blur. I guess I was basically holding in all my emotions until I'm all alone where I could just shout it out & no one would hear. No one would give a damn. Elena & Bonnie have asked how I was doing a couple of times and every time I replied 'I'm okay, really.' I was not going to have an emotional breakdown right here & right now.

It was long before I, along with my friends, stood in front of my doorway waiting to be invited inside. I hear my moms footsteps walking to the door & thats when I turned to Damon & Stefan.

"You guys should leave." I gave them a stern look. They both faced each other, hesitating before whooshing out. The last thing I needed was my mom going on a vampire rampage.

I started to panic when the lock clicked open, Bonnie & Elena both supported me by holding both my hands, it calmed me but not completely. As the door swung open I saw my mom standing there with a welcoming smile.

"Caroline.." She sighed in relief before pulling me in for a hug. I pulled her off me & walked inside.

Bonnie & Elena were sitting in the lounge room whilst my mom and I sat in the dining room. "So where were you?" My mom finally asks, "I know you weren't at college."

"I was-" I sighed, "I went to London & Paris."

My mom's eyes widen & she tilted her head in confusion, "Honey, that's impossible. Firstly you don't have the money & secondly you're in high school!" She yelled.

"I was with Klaus mom!" I snapped back, I stood up slowly after realizing what I just said. "Uhm-"

"The Original vampire?!" my mom hissed, not wanting to cause a scene.

"I'm-" I muttered, "I'm in love with him."

She nods her head disapprovingly, "You're not in love with him Caroline. You might think you are but honey, he compelled you." she rests her hands on my shoulders, hoping I would understand.

How could she say that?! Klaus has never compelled me once..At least I think he hasn't. I quickly shake off this thought and push my mom away from me.

"You're lying!" I step back, tears falling from my eyes, "He would never do that!"

"Care, I wanted you home so I could protect you.." My mom sighed.

"But you can't protect me forever." I shut my eyes, playing with the bracelet Klaus gave to me.

Bonnie & Elena came in, breaking the tension between us. I smiled crookedly and stood across from Bonnie. "What's going on?"

"Just a little mother-daughter argument.." I joked, looking over at my mom.

"Thank you for bringing her back Elena." My mom smiled & Elena nodded. She then looked back over to me with a very determined look, "As for you, you are grounded."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After being forced to say good bye to my friends I head back up to my old room. It felt different, it seemed so small. I threw myself on my bed & took the time to feel the warmth & comfy feeling it once gave me. Something I was wearing then got caught on the string of the fabric. I frown and look down to see what it was, Klaus's bracelet.

Speaking of that jerk, how could he push me away like that. I put my hopes in him only to be thrown to the ground. I don't think i've ever felt this crushed before. With Matt it was the normal drifting away relationship, so i never really got the experience any pain.

"I missed you." A familiar voice spoke. For a second I desperately hoped that it was him, though it wasn't.

"I've missed you too.." I smile gloomily.

Stefan smiled and sat next to me on the bed and hugged me, "He'll come around."

I shake my head, "Klaus is not that kind of person."

"I know." Stefan whispers, resting his head on mine.

I sobbed on his shirt for a little while longer before pulling away. His shirt was drenched in my tears. I wiped my cheeks before facing him, "Oops, sorry." I chuckled.

"Its alright." Stefan laughed, standing and walking to the window. "Klaus may be the bad ass immortal vampire. But I know when he looks at you, its the same face I get when I look at Elena."

I stand up completely speechless at what he just said. Does he actually approve of him? I smile warmly, letting him know that I will be okay.

That night after coming out of my bathroom, I heard a light tap on my bedroom window. I quick put on a singlet & some loose pants then I walk over to my window and unlock it to reveal Tyler waiting to be invited inside.

"Tyler.." I couldn't help but grin. He jumps inside and hugs me tightly.

"You're back!" He says cheerfully, I could feel him grinning like theres no tomorrow. I back away slowly, letting in some space between us. "I missed you so much, you have no idea!"

I giggled, "I've missed you too!"

"Let me take you out tomorrow night!" He suggested, as excited as ever. I grinned, liking the sound of that, "Great! I'll invite the rest of the gang!"

Tyler's excitement flourished down the drain & his grin turned into a weak smile. "I was actually hoping, just us two."

I look up at him, dropping my phone on my bed. Curiosity filled my thoughts, "Like a date?"

He nodded shyly, "Yes."

I silently gasp and Tyler's face becomes more confident. He caught me by surprise. I've never thought of Tyler as more than a friend. A part of me desperately wanted to say that I was spoken for, but he & I both know that it's not true.

But is it a good idea to move on so soon...Pfft, who am I kidding, there wasn't even anything to move on from.

I gave him a weak smile, "Sure."

----------------------------------

A/N: Sorry lovelies, there wasn't any Klaroline in this chapter but you know what they say; Save the best for last ;)

COMMENTS, VOTES & possibly FAN would be greatly appreciated!

ex oh ex oh.