Chapter 23 - Roadtrip 101

caaaausee all i need is the beauty and the bea-

I force the volume down to a complete mute & Katherine gives me a displeased look.

"Seriously you a hundred year old vampire, surely you would have better taste in music." I point out.

"Its pretty catchy if you ask me," she winks & turns her attention back on the road.

I roll my eyes & look back down on the huge piece of paper i was holding, some people might call it a map. yes, I am on a road trip to find my somewhat ex- boyfriend & yes i am with his brothers psycho ex. I was suppose to be the gps for today, since my proper one was borrowed by damon & he still hasn't returned it. The problem with me is, i don't know how to read a map.

"So, where do we go from here?" Katherine asks as she turns the stereo back up slowly.

"Uhm.." I examine the map, and study it very carefully. I have no idea what I am looking at. Maybe its upside down. I flipped the map to see & it looked the same. "Are we close to this green circle?"

Katherine faces me in confusion & then frustration, "You seriously don't know how to read a map?"

"It's not my fault!" I protest, "Ever since this whole vampire thing came into my life, i've sort of been dealing with more serious problems than figuring out how to read a map!"

"I hear you.." she agrees, nodding.

Finally after 5 more minutes of studying the stupid map, i gave up. I scrunched it up forcefully & threw it out the window.

"Why on earth would you do that?!" Katherine shrieks.

"Stupid map wasn't going to get us anywhere!" I sigh, "Anyway, do you even know where we are going?"

Katherine nods, "A friend of mine spotted Rebekah just on the west of side California."

Ah, Rebekah, she does enjoy California folks. I smile, "What about Elijah..or Klaus?"

"I'm..not sure."

I wriggle my nose and furrow my eyebrows, "You're still in love with Elijah..aren't you?"

Katherine refused to make eye contact with me but she did respond, "It's a very long story."

I nod slowly & then force a weak smile, "Well we have a very long trip."

"Fine." she sighs, "As you know by now back then Klaus was going to use me for his sacrifice.."

I nod but didn't respond. I know Klaus's past & everything his done. As much as i want to forget it, it will always be there.

"The night before Elijah admitted his love for me & as did I. We went for a stroll down by the lake & thats when he told me..things."

"Like what?" I was very interested in this story. I was eager to know how they both turned out to be what they are now.

"He mention the fact that he was a vampire. At first I was afraid of course." she continued, "But I realized that he was still the same man I fell for. But tragedy struck when he told me Klaus's plans."

"Surely he would if known how you were going to react?" I butt in. Sometimes i just say things without thinking about it first.

"He did in fact, expect my reaction. Of course he did and he had everything planned. He knew how to save my life, he knew some witches." Katherine explained. "But i was too stubborn."

"So you ran away.."

"I ran like hell."

{Flashback}

Elijah did not see the panic in my voice & I thank heavens for it. As he gave me a kiss on my hand I fake a sweet smile & greet him good night. As soon as he was out of my sight I ran the other way.

I ran as fast as i could in the dark forest & back home to where I'm hopeful where my family will be. As i ran I hear faint voices shouting out my name.

"Katerina...Katerina.."

It was Klaus, he had heard me running for my life & now he is after me. My heavy breathes were starting to get louder as I continued to pick up my pace. After hearing silence I parked myself to a nearby tree where I was able to rest for a moment.

"Its useless to run love, I can smell you." his voice sounded closer & more furious.

I force myself up but my weak legs tell me other wise. I look down & see that I have cut my right leg on a piece of branch as I was running. I hear Klaus's voices coming & I turn around the opposite direction. I gasped loudly as I see Elijah standing a few inches away from me. He silences my breathes by covering my mouth.

"You did not trust me." Elijah spoke, "You did not think our love for each other was strong enough. You thought I was foolish to think that you would live another day."

"Elijah, my love for you is a dream, this is reality.." I explain. He did not seem to understand. I wince i pain as more blood escapes my dying body. Elijah looks over at the damage I have caused on myself and he shakes his head. Within a second he gives me some of his blood & it quickly heals.

"Stay put Katerina. You have my word, I will get you out of this mess." Elijah promised & then headed the opposite direction.

He and I both knew there was only one solution to this. There was only one way to escape from Klaus.

{End of Flashback}

"Y-you killed yourself?!" I gasped in surprise.

"Yes." she replies calmly. "I knew Klaus would never spare me for the sake of Elijah. He is just not that kind of person."

I decided to ignore Katherine's comment, I wanted to know more.. "So then what happened?"

"Elijah found me & he got pissed, then he told me that maybe I wasn't capable of love & then that Klaus's was going to go after me.."

"But why face him now?" I question her.

"Because maybe with you supporting me, he might forgive me." she smirks.

"Who says I'll be supporting you?" I remark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few more hours of driving in the middle of nowhere Katherine and i decided to stop at some dead beat diner. When we got inside the place actually seemed pretty cozy & comfortable. We were place at a table in the corner nearby the window where we could see everything.

"So its your turn." Katherine smirks at me. I drop my menu and look at her in confusion. "Tell me, how did you manage to find Klaus's soft side?"

I blushed, I never knew that I found Klaus's soft side. Sometimes it feels like i'm still searching for it. Like i am finding him now. "I never thought I knew." I admitted.

Katherine's face turned from a girly giggling girl to a serious dangerous vampire. "Guess who just walked in." she hissed.

I turn around fascinated by her behavior towards this person. As soon as I saw i took on the same reaction. How on earth did she know we were here? The most hated. werewolf just walked in the diner, Haley.

_____________________

a/n: this chapter was more about Katherine & Elijah's romance, so i hope you enjoyed this and thank you reading! :)

VOTES, COMMENTS & possibly FAN!!

thank youuu.

xoxo