Chapter 16 - Deals With The Devil

I started to panic & wriggled my body around this disgusting freak trying to kill me. But after hearing him speak, My whole body stiffened.

"Shhh... its okay, you're safe." he uncovered my mouth & I turned my head towards my attacker, "It's me."

Before I could reply he twirled my body around so was completely facing him. He pulled me closer & looked at me with concern. "We'll save Elena," He says with confidence, "You go straight home, lock all your doors & stay inside. Do you understand me?"

I watched his eyes following mine, he looked dangerous yet worried. I tried to speak but my whole body was frozen. "Do you understand?" He asks yet again, bitterness in his voice.

This time I managed to nod at him, "Thank you." I whispered.

He glances at me apologetically & flashed out. I stood for a moment, letting Klaus's words sink into my brain. Go home. I can't just go home, Elena is in trouble. Then again, he said that he would save her. I took one glance back at his direction then flashed home.

Going home didn't help me at all. My mom was away for some work meeting, I'm not entirely sure cause I never listen to her. I followed Klaus's instructions and locked all the doors & stayed inside. But I didn't feel safe at all, all I felt was abandonment with a mix of anxiety.

What happens if they don't save Elena or if they do succeed and continue on with Stefan's plan. I sat down on the kitchen stool and placed my elbows on the bench. Klaus said he will save Elena, if that's so then he probably planned something with Damon & Stefan, meaning they're working together.

I stood up again cause I didn't feel comfortable sitting around whilst my friends are out there trying to take down the most powerful witch along with Alaric, who was probably unstoppable at this point. I couldn't stay here anymore, I grabbed my phone from the bench and whooshed myself to the Salvatore's house.

I was standing on their porch when I heard people speaking. I adjusted my hearing & stood to aside where I wouldn't be caught in the act.

I heard Stefan's voice, "Klaus managed to take down Esther.."

"So where is she now?" Elena asks. At least Klaus kept his word to me, Elena was saved.

"In a coffin, with a dagger through her heart. That still doesn't solve our problem." Damon comes in.

"Hey Damon," Elena breathed. There was a long pause before Stefan spoke. "What's going on?"

Uh oh.

I can practically see Damon smirking, "Do you want to tell him or should I?"

"Now is not the right time for that." Elena shot back.

"Right time for what?" Stefan asks once more.

Elena was stuck, she was gonna have to tell Stefan now or never. To save my best friend from humiliation I knocked on the front door. The door was opened by Damon & his famous smirk.

"Too late blondie, the fight's over."

I grunted & walk past him. I hear him shut the door behind me as I walk into their huge lounge room.

"What's happened?" I ask, mostly facing Stefan.

"Esther is gone. Klaus and his siblings have fled, once again & Alaric escaped." Stefan says, his head turned to Elena who was glancing my way or what was behind me.

I was a little disappointed. My head looks down as Damon walks past me. "We should be happy. Esther's gone, so are the originals & since Alaric was only after them, he won't be bothering us."

Elena & Stefan nods agreeing to what Damon just explained.

"Actually.." Bonnie pops up from behind me, "That might be a problem for you guys."

We all have attention to Bonnie now. She was holding her grim-wore & she walks down the steps & next to me. "If an original dies then every vampire created from their bloodline will die as well."

"You've GOT to be kidding." Damon exclaims, throwing his arms in the air.

This is surprising, literally. If they kill Klaus, then I'm also gone. "You can't kill Klaus then." I spoke up.

"Why not? There is a 1 in 4 chance that our bloodline wasn't from him." Stefan explains.

"But I am." I whisper, I look up to Stefan and locked eyes with him. He saw the hurt in my eyes & walked over to me.

"Oh."

"Well.." Bonnie fakes cough, "All I know is that Kol didn't create your bloodline."

"How would you know?" Elena questions her.

"I ran into him.." Bonnie says shyly, "..on the way over here."

"So that just leaves Rebekah, Elijah & Klaus." Damon counts with his fingers. "They're never gonna tell us. Were screwed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I headed home after our conversation turned into an argument. My head was a blur. I'm not even sure if I was going to make it to next week, depending on what Damon & Stefan decide. I thought our friendship was worth more to them. I guess not.

Then there is Klaus. We kiss then he ignores it & tells me that it's not the time. Then he saves me from Alaric & then leaves me, once again by myself. Yep, its official, his truly messing with my head. I vow to this day that I'll never let him get to me ever again.

All I could think about is one thing, Tea. To calm myself & my nerves. I lazily walk to the kitchen dropping my car keys on the bench. As I was boiling the water I felt a presence behind me. I quickly spun around & saw Rebekah with her eyes filled with dreadfulness.

"Rebekah wha-"

"It's about my brother." she interrupts. I nod & sit on my kitchen stool & she mimics my actions. "His disappeared."

I frown, "Disappeared?"

"Yes." she says sternly, "As soon as my mother was placed in her coffin, he was never heard from again & my siblings & I are starting to worry."

I nod trying to understand. "This is not Nik's normal behavior. Leaving without any warning or maybe even calling." she continues.

"Hold on.." I stop her, "Why are you telling me this?" I question her.

"Because," she breathes, "Even if you just mention his name, he'll come running to you."

I watch her face incredulously & frown, "That's not true.."

"It is."

I intertwine both my fingers together & start fidgeting with them. "So what do you want me to do then?" I look back up & she smirks at me.

"Lure him back here."

-----------------------------------

A/N: So what do you think of Rebekah's plan? Good or Extremely bad?

VOTES, COMMENTS & if possible FAN!

ex oh ex oh.