Chapter 5 - Rest in Peace

We walk out of The Grill side by side and as the door opens, a gush of cold wind flies through me. I place my fingers in my pockets & continue following Klaus. He then leads me into an empty alley & thats when I started panicking.

"You're.." I gulp, "you're not going to feed on me..are you?"

"Of course not." He smirks and offers his hand. I hesitate for a second but eventually took his hand. "Hold on tight love." He flashed him & I to the place I told him where his coffins were, the place where the witches got burned to death back then.

"Did you know any of the witches?" I ask, as I follow him downstairs to the basement.

"Oh yes, I knew quite a lot actually. There's one in particular, Emily." he replies, smashing the obstacles that got in his way.

Oh yeah, I knew Emily. She was Bonnie's ancestor. Which means that she was also one of the most powerful ones, since she was a Bennett.

We reached the basement & no surprise there sat 3 coffins. Klaus uncontrollably smirks and opens one & takes the dagger out. He does the same for the other 2. "Klaus," I say, a tiny bit frightened. "Should I be here for this?"

"Don't be afraid Caroline." he reassures me. He sat by the window & I soon followed him.

"So, after this, you're just going to leave?" I speak softly.

"Yes." He replied. "But after I get Elena's blood."

I look up at him innocently & he gazes back, "I just hope you make the right choice."

His eyes suddenly lighten up, but it's not because of what I said. We both twirl out heads to the three un-dead creatures standing before me. I stand up, my legs wobbling like jelly. Oh my.

"I'm starving." The blond one growls. Within a flash her teeth pierced through my skin & I screamed. It felt like have two huge knives stabbed into your neck. My head was then feeling lighter & lighter. I couldn't feel anything below my waist & I was feeling weaker and weaker.

I was ready to say my last prayers when Klaus pushed her off me. He growled at her to stop, at first she didn't listen but eventually she gave in. I, on the other hand was about to collapse onto the ground from the lack of blood inside me. Luckily for me, Klaus catches me before I hit the ground.

He bit his wrist, letting some blood escape and held it up to my mouth. "Drink my blood, It'll heal you."

I nodded and placed my mouth on his wrist and began sucking until my headache disappeared and I felt normal again. It's an amazing feeling.

We both stood up with Klaus letting me put my weight on him. He takes my hand & holds it tight before facing his siblings again. "Rebekah, Do that again & I will tear out your liver," he roared, glaring at her.

"Oh Nik lighten up. I didn't know she was you're new girlfriend." Rebekah smirks at one of his brothers.

My cheeks once again turn bright red when the thought of being Klaus's girlfriend came into mind. What also came to mind was what my friends are going to think of me when I tell them. I then jerk his hand away from mine and cross my arms. "I'm not his girlfriend."

I turned to face Klaus who seemed hurt. He quickly shook it off and walked over to his what seemed to be, older brother. "Elijah, I need your help." he smirks.

What have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I nervously walk home to find Elena & Bonnie waiting for me in my living room. I place my keys on the desk and sit on the arm chair. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask. I didn't want them to know what I just did, well not yet.

"We came to see how you were doing, you know, after that drama with Klaus?" Bonnie answered.

Klaus. Oh you mean the guy I helped find his family's coffins and betrayed you guys? Just fine.

"Uhm.." I gulped, "I am fine."

"She's not fine." both of them says at the same time. I'm busted.

"Tyler told us what happened when you left us." Elena soon added. Ugh, stupid Tyler.

"Elena its fine. I told him to leave me alone and surprisingly he did!" I smile forcibly. My mom comes in from the kitchen and hugs me before leaving for her night shift.

"Okay," she sighs, a backing down sigh.

We all go silent for a minute or two before my door bell rang. I walked to the door & Elena & Bonnie followed. "Stefan," I smile.

"Care, you have to invite him in.." Bonnie informs me.

After inviting Stefan inside we all sit in my living room and I was about to go make some tea for everyone when Stefan's story stopped me. "It's Klaus. Somehow he managed to find the coffins & now his released his family."

"Wait, so what does this mean for us?" Elena muttered, staring at Bonnie.

"It means they are going to want revenge.." Stefan trailed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four of us, Stefan, Bonnie and Elena soon headed to The Grill to grab some dinner. Outside we met up with Damon. He seemed pissed. Actually scratch that, he was pissed.

"Who could of told him?!!" He raises his voice, hoping for an answer. He glared at all of us before stopping directly at me.

"Well uhm.." I swallowed, "I sort of did." I looked down.

"I knew it!" Damon shouts angrily.

I heard Elena shout, "Damon don't!"

Within a flash Damon grabbed my head and snapped my neck.

---------------------------------

A/N: Votes & Comments? :) xo