Chapter 37 - Preparing Is Torture

Chapter 37.

Klaus and I decided to have our wedding until after the baby is born. Actually he wanted to have it soon but I insisted to have it after the wedding because I didn't want to have to find a maternity wedding dress. I woke up in Klaus's arm and room. My eyes wondered to the alarm clock on his dresser and it read 7:13am. I wasn't used to waking up this early except on school days but this baby was making it harder and harder for me to sleep. I got up quietly and walked to the bathroom grabbing Klaus's black houserobe on the way. After doing my usual morning pee I stepped into the warm shower. I closed my eyes wondering about my wedding day, I practically thought about every scenario. I decided that my dress was going to be an ivory lace mermaid silhouette gown with no straps and the bottom was was going to be puffy and exaggerated.

"Good morning sweetheart." Klaus's low husky voice pulled me from my thoughts. I heard him brushing his teeth and I peeked out the shower curtain watching him smile at me through the mirror.

"You're up early." I commented before closing the showering curtain and continued washing myself.

"I never sleep love." He replied smugly and walked out of the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and shut of the water and stepping out of the shower and stepping in the cold temperature that surrounded the room. I shivered slightly and grabbed the robe from the chair and slipped it on.

I raced downstairs after getting dressed in my casual maternity clothing and putting my hair in a high ponytail. Klaus, Elijah and Kol had left to buy their tuxes for the wedding which only left Rebekah and Bonnie with me. When I reached the kitchen Bonnie was already eating whilst Rebekah was washing her plate.

"Seriously? Does everybody in this house wake up at 6 or something?!" I questioned and walked to the fridge. I opened the fridge door and grabbed myself a blood bag and then sat down next to Bonnie.
"I have one thing to say about all this," Bonnie says. "Can your bridesmaid dresses be green?"

Rebekah chuckled and sat across from us." No way. Bridesmaids dresses cannot be green. It was to be traditional, like yellow."

Bonnie shook her head. "Traditional is so the 40's. This is the 21st century oldie. Everything is different now!" she says.

"Tradition never gets old." Rebekah retorted.

"Guys!" I finally called out. I sighed deeply as they both turned their attention to me. My rant was about to continue when my phone started vibrating. I pulled it out of my pocket and groaned at the caller I.D. 'Unknown'

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Meet me at The Grill in 15 minutes. This concerns your child. " The voice spoke and hung up almost immediately. The air coming from my lungs suddenly got stuck in my throat and i've lost the need to breathe. I stared blankly at Rebekah who was across from me until I managed to force myself up. The callers voice was familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Was is Marcel? If it was how was I going to live through him..I mean he managed to keep Klaus prisoner I can't even imagine fighting with him especially since I'm weak right now.

"Who was that Caroline?" Bonnie asks worryingly. I gulped."Uh I don't know." I replied. "But I have to go."

"Wait!" Rebekah stopped me. "Let me call Klaus." He grabbed her phone from her pocket but I snatched it from her.
Klaus deserved to have some guy time with his brothers after whats happened in the past few days. I didn't need him to worry about this anymore. "Its fine. I can handle it." I nodded to Bonnie and she followed me out the door.

We both stepped into the warm and inviting bar and I instantly noticed Hayley. She was at the corner of the bar with a drink in her hand. I rolled my eyes and stomped to her as Bonnie followed.