Chapter 34 - Picking Up The Pieces

When you find out that you've lost the one you love, you're whole world suddenly becomes numb. Suddenly nothing matters anymore. Its all gone & its all worthless.

It was about a 2 hour drive to the place Elijah thought Klaus's body way, Tree Hill. The drive itself was torture. I was debating against myself whether it was the right time for me to do this, to see his lifeless body. But that spark was still there, that spark that made me think that his secretly hiding out somewhere or that this was just a hallucination from my pregnancy..or something.

"Were here." Elijah announced as he turned into a quiet friendly street. As we drove past I noticed this city's surroundings. It was quiet dark, the streets were filled with people in mostly comfortable warm clothes & there were a lot more cafes & libraries than expensive clothes shops & hairdressers. Let me just say that this place was no California.

"So do you have any idea where he might be?" I asked, looking at the map in front of me.

Elijah sighed, "Caroline, this is not a wise idea."

"I know Elijah. But he needs a proper-" I gulped, "Burial." I say quietly & glanced back down at the map. No Caroline, you will not break here, not now.

"I understand." Elijah agrees.

"Well firstly, who told you about Klaus's death?" I ask.

"A witch that lives not far from town, Sophie." Elijah replies.

"Well lets go..."

We reached the witch, Sophie's place & Elijah suggested for me to stay in the car. I watched him walk to the steps of the house & ring the door bell. A few seconds later a woman walks outs & suddenly gasped as she saw Elijah. He then started talking & the witch glanced at me.

I felt her eyes burning into my chest. This was no ordinary witch.. I gave her a crooked smile & she awkwardly waved at me. He attention went back to Elijah who started talking again..A few moments later Sophie's eyes turned cold & I could tell she was mad. I decided this was my cue. I quickly hopped out of the car & jogged to them.

"Where is he?" I scowled.

"I don't know!" Sophie exclaimed & Elijah took a step closer to her.

"Why don't we make a compromise Sophie?" Elijah says formally.

I crossed my arms and frowned. I turned my attention to Elijah & so did Sophie. "Tell us where you witches have hid my brothers body & I will simply call off the vampires I've sent out to track you down and slaughter you."

"You think thats a threat to me?" Sophie challenged him. "That means nothing to me. Ketsia will protect us witches from you blood thirsty demons!" she hissed before storming back into her house & slamming the door on us.

I clutched my hands into a fist & stormed to her front door & started knocking aggressively, "Listen here you little bitch! I won't hesitate to kill you if you won't tell me where Klaus is!! I will personally burn this place down with you in it. If you try to run, I will hunt you down and-"

"Caroline enough!" Elijah says, interrupting my rant. I escaped a sigh & turned to him.

"What are we going to do?" I asked tiredly.

"Lets just go home Caroline. I mean why are you really doing this?" he suddenly asks me.

I narrowed my eyes & gave him a sharp look, "Why are you so against giving your brother a proper burial? This is your brother, Elijah! I thought you were the proper one & yet here you are, just letting him go, like he meant absolutely nothing to you!" I exclaimed.