The Truth

TW//Mild trauma

America's POV:

Wow, that actually worked? I didn't really want to go over to Russia's house but anything was better than me having to go to the hospital and my dad finding out I went into an abandoned building. Plus making everyone including my brothers sick with worry. I didn't even know Russia had a sister but apparently she can heal me? Now that I think about it, I really didn't know much about Russia. Other than the fact that he's a communist jerk.

Without saying anything he picked me up bridal style and started carrying me like I pretty much weighed nothing. He's a jerk but I can't deny he's strong. And his arms felt..........warm and comforting. Somehow. Wait, why did that sound so gay!?!?!?! Why does this look so gay!?!?!? I'm not gay, I swear. Plus even if I was, I would want someone who's nicer than Russia. But why did he feel so nice holding me? Maybe because if you're hurt physically even jerks feel nice...........

"Th-thanks man." I finally murmured to him.

"Not like I really had much of a choice."

"Gee, you've been carrying me for like five minutes straight how are you not tired?"

"You weigh literally nothing. Plus commies aren't lazy unlike you."

"Hey! I'm not lazy! I have a Harley and everything."

"Oh shut up and stop bragging!!!!! Plus you reek of oil!!!!!"

"Motor oil, actually." I love the smell of oil. Yeah, yeah, I'm a weirdo.

After a few minutes of Russia carrying me with seemingly no effort we arrived at what I'm assuming was his house. It was..........a lot smaller than I expected. Maybe that's just cause I live in a large house but gee I at least expected the big bad Russia's house to be a bit more prestigious. He opened the door to his house. He stepped into the tiny living room where there was an old woman in a rocking chair. Next to her was some old tribal art and one of those doll things that had several smaller dolls inside of it.

"Oh, who's this sweetie?" She gushed happily.

"Some hurt guy." Russia scoffed. "And he's not sweet."

"Oh, don't say that dear, set him on the couch and I'll go get Bel."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"That's my babushka. You can just call her Babushka." Russia went into another room and some other smaller country walked towards me. "And that's my sister Belarus."

"Hey there!!!!" She smiled. "Ruski told me you got hurt."

"Yeah. It hurts." I mumbled. She looked at my injury.

"Oh, you poor thing........don't worry..........I'll help you..........wait, who are you?"

"America."

"Well America you must be special since my brother hardly ever invites everyone over! <3" I noticed she was already pulling out her medical supplies.

"More like I pitied him into doing it......"

"Oh, don't talk like that silly!!!!! Anyways I need to pull this glass out so this might hurt a little but don't worry you'll be fine!" I like her. Not in a girlfriend way, but more in a motherly way, like how my mom used to treat my cuts when I was a kid. She's really sweet and caring. Pretty much the complete opposite of Russia. "One.....two.......three......."

She yanked out the biggest piece of glass, causing me to wince in pain. Blood began gushing out of my leg like a waterfall.

"Oh dear...........I think you need stitches........." She mumbled.

"Oh god no don't tell me I need the hospital!!!!!" I groaned, fearing what my dad and brothers will think of me.

"Oh don't worry I used to do stitches on my brothers all the time. I'm training to be a doctor and I've known how to do basic stitches for years."

"Really???? Thank you..........." She really was so much nicer than her brother. What was up with Russia then???

"Now I'm gonna put some antibiotic on this so you won't get infected. This might sting a little.

"I think I'm used to that from Russia's punches!!!" I half joked.

"Wait, really?" Belarus asked as she wiped the blood off my leg and rubbed in the antibiotic which stung like hell. Just like Russia's punches. And the principal's lectures.

"Y-yup."

"I know what you mean. Ruski wasn't always like that though."

"Wait really?" I softly asked as she began to pull out a stitching needle or whatever it was.

"Believe it or not he actually used to be a really fun and sweet kid. But that all changed when.......the incident happened......."

Incident!?!?!?! What incident!?!?!?! There really was so much I didn't know about Russia, huh? "Care to explain?" I asked. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"Well our dad used to be pretty hard on us as children. Us being me Russia and our other brother Ukraine. Ukraine actually had a bit of an accident which caused a growth to grow out of his back. It kind of looks like a wing though." She spoke in a hushed tone as she started putting the stitches in me. It hurt but not as much as everything else.

"And then our dad passed away just a few years back. We were all affected by it but I think it affected Russia the worst. He began drinking a lot and became mistrustful of other countries. The only ones he really trusts are us and Babushka."

"I-I'm so sorry............" I mumbled. Suddenly I felt really bad about what I said to him at school. Maybe Canada was right. Russia wasn't trying to be mean. He just needed help. I felt so awful guilt began to overwhelm me. I felt a single tear drip down my eye.

"W-why you crying?" Belarus asked.

"Uhhhhh th-th-the s-stitches hurt........" I lied.

"Oh sorry, I'm almost done.........." She whispered as she put the final stitch on. "There, all better. I should probably put some bandages on this." She pulled out a roll of bandages, I'm guessing the same ones that were on Russia's arms. She slowly wrapped them around my leg until the wound was completely covered up. "I'm done." She spoke sweetly.

"Thank you.........I mumbled. I slowly got off the couch, the first time I could walk in a while. I decided I should go check on Russia. Hmmm, which door was his room? Maybe the one that had his name spray painted on it?

I slowly opened the door to his room. It was such a tiny room. Russia was on his bed, which looked too small to even fit his tall body. There were several holes punched into the drywall (Kyle much) and the corners of the walls had mold growing on them. Other than the holes and the mold the wall was completely barren except a gun hanging over Russia's bed. Me being a gun expert I immediately recognized it as an AK-47. Of course he would have one of those. There were also several shattered bottles of vodka on the floor just like the abandoned building. Speaking of which Russia was holding a bottle of vodka in his hand. The room gave off a dingy, almost tragic atmosphere.

"What are you doing in here?" He mumbled depressingly.

"I-I heard about your dad........" I whispered.

"You hate my dad!!!!"

"What?????? No!!!!!!!!"

"Get out of here!!!!!!!! Shoo!!!!!!!" He yelled and pushed me out of his room and locked the door.

"Sorry he's so rough........." Belarus whispered as she helped me up.

"Maybe I can talk to him when school is back...........thanks anyways........." I left the house in bitter despair. Hopefully my Harley was still where I left it.