Comrade

TW// trauma, hints at self harm, suicide attempt

No bad dreams last night. That's a surprise. Wait, where was I? Oh right, the capitalist pig's house. I looked around his room and saw a yellow poster with a dead snake that said "Don't tread on me." There were also a few posters of eagles and an eagle wood carving on his dresser. Some of his drawings were also laid out on his dresser. The drawings were mostly of himself or his brothers. There were also some drawings of yep, you guessed it, eagles. What is that dude's obsession with eagles? I thought about that eagle he painted in the warehouse. He actually is a pretty good artist. That doesn't change the fact that he's annoying though.

Wait, where is America? He wasn't in his bed. I heard screaming coming from downstairs and I began to smell bacon. I put my ushanka on and headed downstairs. America kept smacking Canada with a spatula and kept screaming gibberish.

"Hey look who's awake!!!!!!" He shouted. "I made you some eggs and bakey and Nada made you some pancakes!!!!" I really didn't ask for any food but I didn't want it to go to waste.

"I..........really didn't ask for this..........." I told them.

"Well it would be wrong to let our guest starve." Canada replied.

I picked a piece of bacon but Nada put so much maple syrup on the pancake it dripped all over everything. Eh, screw it. I took a bite and........okay it was actually a pretty good combo. Why were they so nice to me? Not even my dad made me meals like this. He pretty much forced me to make it myself as soon as I could reach the stove. I got burned so many times the feeling didn't even bother me anymore.

I finished up the rest of my meal and went to work on another one of America's assignments. We decided to just do science today. I tried to read him the paper even though he could easily read it himself.

"Evolution. Countries in-init-intially evolved from a lizard like spe-speceeeeee-species?" America kept chuckling.

"What?"

"You can't read well and your accent sounds hilarious!!!!!!" I gave him the death glare, causing him to chuckle even more.

"That was kkkknown for their unickckckue fackial? Huh? Patterns..........." America was now rolling around on the floor bawling his eyes out. (A/N The original sentence was "Countries initially evolved from a lizard like species that was known for their unique facial patterns.")

"Look pig, I want to get this done and over with so I need you to concentrate!!!!!!!"

"Actually I concentrate better when you say it like that!!!!!!"

I read him the rest of the paper. It was of course about our evolution and genetics and how some countries have special forms that are activated when in danger. I heard about that before from Ukraine. I think that's how he got that wing on his back. Something about "hidden genes."

For the next few days I helped America on his assignments whenever I could. Believe it or not, he seemed way friendlier than I've seen him before. Although I've never really seen him much outside of school. Now that I think about it before a few days ago I barely knew him at all. My dad always told me capitalists were rude and should never to be trusted, and to bring down a capitalist whenever you could. But America's family is the complete opposite of rude. Was what he said even true?

No. It is true.  America completely tore me apart that one day. And he had every intent to say it. Right? I was the one that started the argument. Wait..........maybe he was only rude to me......because I was rude to him. I assumed things about him and he reacted how anyone would. Sure Ame might be loud and annoying and a bit insensitive but he's not ill willed. Maybe I was the pig.........