Welcome to the Red Parade

Warning: G-notes (If you know it you will understand) And also yes parts of this chapter is based off a song.

*Flashback*

Lines of men in red and gold suits lined the city streets, playing their instruments to a large crowd. My dad picked me up and put me over his shoulders so I could see the spectacle.

"Daddy, who are those?" I asked.

"Why that's the red parade." My father replied. He was easily the tallest man there so my head hovered above all the other countries.

"What does the red parade do?"

"They are here to support the revolution. A world where everyone is equal under the law and there are no poor countries." I watched in awe as the men danced on a float that was decorated to look like a tank. A world where there were no poor countries.............sounded like the perfect world.

"There are so many countries in this world that suffer under the law. Two countries can commit the same crime yet one receives a far worse punishment just cause they don't have as much money or isn't dressed as fancy as the other country."

"Sounds awful................"

"Son when you grow up, I hope you will stamp out those capitalist pigs. The ones who think they can do whatever just because they have a higher place in society. Those are the real demons of this world."

"I hope I do too."

*Back to present*

United Soviet Socialist Republic. USSR. Soviet Union. My dad went by several names. But his comrades called him "Hammer Sickle" after the golden symbol above his eye and his love for building and fighting. You think I was tall, he was even taller, about 6'7. He was feared my many, but if he was on your side he was a great ally. He had 15 kids in total, but I was the only one that got his height. However most of my siblings have a different mother from me, except for Bel and Ukraine. Speaking of which I lived with my dad because they split up when I was very little, shortly after Bel was born. I barely have any memories of her. All my other half siblings lived with their moms, and I barely visited them. I heard some of them are either dead or have gone off the deep end. I had a few older sisters that I never saw but because I'm the eldest son my dad saw me as the "alpha." Because of this I had more expectations put on me. He either yelled at me, beat me, or took away my dinner whenever I didn't meet those expectations. He had strict rules on food and only fed us when he needed to. He said it would "help us become tougher." In a way I think it worked, as the starving feeling almost never got to me. But at the same time it made me really skinny and I was never used to big meals.

One other thing about my dad, his job was to build houses. In fact he actually built my childhood home all by himself, over the course of a few years. It wasn't quite as fancy as America's house but it was up there. He said he built his own house so the pigs wouldn't be leeching off of him and to feel like he earned it. I lived in that house until he died, and when he did the government took it from us. That was the first time I realized how cruel those pigs really were, taking my whole childhood away from me just because there was no eligible heir to the house. We were forced to live in my Babushka's house, which was much smaller and she could barely afford rent and food yet alone get us gifts. I had become one of the poor countries, the victims of society that my dad feared the most.

I decided to search Babushka's wooden dresser in the living room, the same one that had the dolls on it. On it I found a few papers. One of it had a drawing of a country that had a large X scribbled over his face. It was the same country from my nightmares, Germany's father. Every country feared him, as he was an awful man. He would kidnap innocent countries and force them to do his slave labor, until they died from exhaustion or he killed them himself. He was my dad's worst enemy, and they both swore to end each other. I flipped to the next piece of paper, which was a journal entry. I took the pieces of paper to my room and sat down on my bed and began to read the entry.