*History Of Magic*

October 31st, 1975

As Evan dashed out of the classroom, Rory shook her head at his horrible insult and smiled. She looked out the classroom window and into the sky. She seemed to remember something rather important as she approached Slughorns desk.

"Proffessor?" she asked "Hmm? Oh Rory, rather interesting class wasn't it?" He had an amused smile on his face "Yes it was, thanks to Rosier, anyways, I wanted to ask if I could come by tomorrow evening during dinner so I could work on my potion?" 

"Of course you can, I trust you enough to be alone. Say how is your potion going along? Must be very hard to make one up on your own." "Yes, I've had some help from Lily and Severus and I think it's almost ready," she said. "You are quite talented Rory, I will be happy to lend you my classroom tomorrow ." "Thank you, professor, I have to get going." she beamed and the professor nodded as she left the classroom.

****

November 1st, 1976

Rory sat beside Lily in history of magic. She wasn't bad at the subject but she felt that Professor Binns's class was a waste of time. Rather than spending a period learning about one thing, she could read the entire textbook in one night. So instead of listening to Binns drone on and on, she worked on perfecting her potion. However, not even 5 minutes into the class, Binns's voice caught her attention.

"How many of you know the story of the three brothers?" Confused as to what it had to do with today's lesson, Rory and nearly everyone in the class raised their hand, each of them just as curious as to her. "Lils, what are we learning about?" Rory whispered to her. "I'm not quite sure, I think it has to do with like old families of something." 

"Good" Binns brought her attention back." I don't think many of you know about their real identity, but as we have covered a majority of old wizarding families, this is next. The tale of the three brothers was based off on the Peveralls." Rory perked at the name. It very sounded familiar.  " Their names were Antioch, Cadmus, and Ignotus Peverall. As mentioned in the story, the two older brother died young, however the third brother, married and had a son. Later on he had a daughter I believe to the name Iolanthe Potter nee Peverall, and on went to the potter generation where now we have Mr.Potter." Everyone's attention turned to Potter who was puffing his chest out proudly. Rory understood that it was Potter that started the odd lesson but she couldn't pin on one thing. Iolanthe could have been her great-grandmother, but she was a Potter. Unless she gave birth to her grandmother before she got married, which was possible but unlikely. Binns went back to droning on about the lesson, but Rory's head was buzzing with thoughts. She didn't realize that Peverall was a wizarding name, meaning whoever her great-grandfather was, she wasn't a complete muggle-born. Her head hurt from the thoughts so she went back to her potion but she couldn't concentrate.

****

When it was finally dinner, Rory excused herself from her friends and went into the dungeons to prepare her potion. She only had about 2 hours before she had prefect duties. Praying that her potion would work, she went off and started it. After an hour and a half, she was finished. She didn't know if it would work, but she was 80% sure it would. She quickly cleaned everything up, fixed her hair and robes, clutched onto the vile, and ran off to the prefects meeting. She got there in time and sat down, out of breath. "Lupin and Dunlap, please patrol the great hall."

Rory and Remus walked quietly together to the great hall. They were good friends since first year when Rory found out about him being a werewolf. The full moon was tonight so Rory made sure that they were purposefully together near the great hall so that she could cover for him and there was a small chance of anyone being around. "Remus," she said "I finished the potion you know." Remus looked lost at words. "You have to take it right after you transform, otherwise you will scar. It won't get rid of your old scars, but the potion should be able to heal and prevent any scarring made by you." Remus looked at her with admiration. 

"Wow, I don't know what to say! I appreciate it a lot Rory, thanks! but are you sure that it can heal the scars because werewolf scars and bites are almost permanent." "Yes I'm almost sure it will work, tell me if it does and I'll keep giving the potion to you. I think you should get going and maybe get Potter or Black to give you your potion."Rory knew that the three were unregistered animagus's but kept quiet about it. She was actually happy that they could keep him company while he was in wolf form, and she wanted to do something for him as well.

"I can't believe you actually did it!" Rory smiled "I know, I'm quite surprised myself." "I think I should be off, Thank you again." he said. Rory smiled at him and started walking in the other direction to patrol by herself. She knew part of her that she'd be able to do the impossible. She might be in Hufflepuff, but when she was getting sorted, the sorting hat could place her everywhere since she was so balanced. Rory decided to choose Hufflepuff but even now she was still really balanced. To make the potion, she needed her Ravenclaw traits. She spent 5 years trying to get the potion perfect, representing her Slytherin traits. Her determination and courage came from Gryffindor, and the willingness to do it for another person brought out Hufflepuff. At times, she wondered what would have happened if she chose another house, but she is pretty satisfied by where she is now.