*The Rosiers*

October 20th, 1980

The Potters had told everyone that Sirius was their secret keeper. Since then, no one has really seen the Potters. Rory sent letters to Lily sometimes, but they were losing touch. Everyone in the order was paranoid of who the mole was, sometimes causing uproars and some separation. 

The Rosier family, however, tried to keep themselves as far away from drama as possible. They often were at the Weasleys, but today it was just the 5 of them, sitting on a picnic table in the fall weather. Tina had started running and walking, so she was examining nature, Rory was reading Regulus's The Tales of Beetle the Bard and he seemed to be enjoying it a lot. Evan was blowing bubbles with Molly while she tried to catch them. To Rory, it was just what she wanted. Tina came back from time to time and brought leaves or twigs, but this time, she was holding a small moving creature. 

"Mama! Dada! Look!" Tina was letting it crawl around her while she giggled. Rory looked closely at the twig-looking thing. Groot also was looking at it as it played with his owner's daughter. "Tina? Where did you get it?" Evan asked. He wasn't really concerned at what she was holding, since he knew it was harmless. Tina pointed at a nearby tree and continued playing with it. Rory looked over to Evan. "How did she get it to trust her?" She asked. He shrugged. "Not sure, I mean you and I got Groot to trust us, maybe its in your blood?" Rory turned back to her daughter. The bowtruckle in her hands looked like it was enjoying playing with Tina. When Rory went to go put a hand on her shoulder, the creature went over and slapped her hand off. 

Looking at her husband she said, "I think it wants to stay Ev," Evan was impressed. "Hey Tina, he's just like Groot. Do you want to keep him?" Rory had to keep driving Reg's hand out of the way so he wouldn't grab the new bowtruckle. Tina looked up to her mother with twinkly blue eyes and nodded a yes. Rory smiled. "What do you want to name him?" Tina put on her thinking face, which was very similar to Evan, "Picket." That surprised Rory. "But hun, that's Newt Scamanders Bowtruckle's name." Tina crossed her arms and looked at her mother. "I want Picket!" Rory laughed at the little girl's expression. "Fine you can name him Picket, now go play" Tina smiled brightly before returning back to the field to play with Picket. 

"I think she's going to be in Hufflepuff, or Gryffindor." Rory said. Evan tilted his head. "I don't know, I agree with Hufflepuff."  They heard a loud crack sound coming from behind them, and a man with black robes came striding towards the pair. He however was stopped when Tina wrapped her short arms around him and said, "Uncle Sev!" Severus was now used to the girl hugging him so he hugged her back. "She's a Hufflepuff," Rory said in a sing-song voice while standing up to greet her old friend. Severus had been closely acquainted with the Rosiers after Evan was told what was going on. 

"Hello Sev, what brings you here?" Severus just said, "What? I can't just come around and see my favourite people?" Rory gave him a raised eyebrow. "Fine, I came to give you back your recipe for the potion. Proves to be really useful." Rory rolled her eyes. "Of course it's useful, I made it," she gave Reg to sev as she walked into the cottage to stow away the parchment to safety. When she came back, she saw Evan and Severus sitting on the blanket talking bout some of the death eaters. Sev was bouncing Regulus up and down as he chatted with the Auror. "sebus" Everyone went quiet and turned their eyes on little Reg. Regulus unaware of the attention he got, tried to talk again. "S-se-seber-seberus!" Regulus clapped his hands proudly. "Did he just-" Rory asked. 

"Bloody hell! That's the second child that didn't say one of our names!" Evan said bitterly. Rory was about to scold him for saying that in front of the kids but she was a bit late. Regulus's cute voice was in the air again. "Bloody ell" He clapped again happy he learned a new word. "No- Don't say that Reg! Say severus again! Severus!" Evan panicked and Rory's jaw was hanging open. "Bloody ell!" Reg was laughing. Sev was trying to conceal his laughter, as Evan slowly turned his eyes on his fuming wife. "EVAN FELIX ROSIER! What did you do!?" Evan didn't know what to do. He was frozen on the spot, and Sev was covering his laughs with coughs. He leaned towards Evan slightly and whispered. "I'd run if I were you," 

****

After Regulus had managed to say three words, he learned a new one, more appropriate than the last two of course. Seeing Regulus make an improvement might have made Molly a bit jealous, so accidentally did something. She set Reg's favourite toy on fire by using her magic. Rory and Evan were overly happy that Molly was doing magic, but a bit frightened. As far as they knew, Percy, Fred, George, and Tina were only able to summon things on their first try. The toy however was really close to Molly's face, and would likely burn her. Rory quickly got her wand out and was about to put water on her, only Molly beat her to it. The burned toy was now soaking wet, and it was coming from the infant. Both adults were slightly confused and didn't notice Reg crawl into the room. Seeing his teddy bear headless, made him mad. His hair turned dark red as he grabbed the bear out of Molly's hand. Rory and Evan were now stunned by shock and immediately brought them to Dumbledore, leaving Tina at the Weasleys, which she didn't mind. 

Dumbledore watched them intently and came to the conclusion that the twins held rare magic. Molly was an elemental, while Reg was a metamorphagus.