*Hypocrite*

June 1st, 1976

Rory and Evan talked through the night and caught up with one another. The next day, she felt that she needed to explain to Regulus why she was distant. Anyway, she hadn't talked to him in a while. She found him with Athena in the library doing homework. They looked really cute together, so Rory quietly took a picture of them before approaching. "Hi Reg, I feel like I owe you an explanation." She ended up explaining to Regulus and Athena what had been going on. At first, Regulus wanted to go beat up Evan for hurting her but she told him she already handled that. Then, she started helping both of them with their muggle studies homework. "Athena? Does Remus know about you two?" Athena looked slightly guilty. "Well, he knows that I'm dating but not really who... I was going to tell him but he looked like he was going to explode when I told him I was, so I didn't want to tell him who otherwise he would have killed Reg." Rory was only half paying attention. "Um, ok. Well, Remus is right over there and it looks like he might literally explode." Both fourth years turned and their eyes widened. "Bloody hell" muttered Reg. Cautiously, Remus came over and the best he could he said, 

"Athena? Don't tell me you're dating him?" Rory was partly amused at the scene. "Remus, please don't be mad. I am dating Regulus but he's the sweetest boyfriend anyone could have. Look Remmy, you know I was having a hard time fitting in and Regulus made me feel like I belong. He stands up for me and helps me with everything. Please don't be mad." Remus considered it. "It's true Remus, Reg wouldn't hurt a fly, and if he hurts Athena, I'll probably be the one to kill him." She sent him her signature sweet smile and Remus seemed convinced enough. "Fine, just don't hurt her," he said with a pointed look to Reg. "I wouldn't dream of it." said Reg and shared a look with his girlfriend. "Remus, would you like to join us? We are just doing homework." He drew himself a chair and sat down. The four of them seemed to click immediately and Remus actually took a liking to Reg. Their moment was ruined when the older Black appeared. 

"Remus? What are you doing here, a table full of Slytherins and a meanie." He said the last one to Rory, "The Slytherins happen to be my sister and her boyfriend, in case you forgot your brother and Rory is my friend." Sirius seemed to be holding a grudge towards her. "What? You're friends with her? Don't you remember yesterday when she practically hurt James? Why is she even in this little group" Rory's eyes narrowed. "And my brother is your sister's girlfriend? Look, Remus, I think you hit your head too hard." Rory stood from her seat. 

"What's so wrong with being in Slytherin?" She gave him a challenging look. "The fact that they are all evil rats?" he returned the challenge. "You know what Black. You're a hypocrite. Why? Because you didn't agree with your parent's view on muggle-borns so you gave muggles a chance. You didn't like how they automatically thought muggle-borns were filth. Yet here you are, automatically claiming Slytherins are evil. And you know what's worse, your brother agreed with you, but you ran away from your family, leaving your own brother so you could be with your friends. You left him behind and treat him like garbage." Sirius looked lost at words.

"How do y-" she cut him off. "How do I know? Because I've been more of a sibling to Regulus in 4 years than you have in 14!" Sirius looked dumbfounded. "I-is it true Reg?" Regulus looked his brother in the eye and saw the guilt creep up. "Yes, of course, yes! I'm friends with a muggleborn, dating a half-blood, sitting with a werewolf, yes I know, and I like it. Sirius, I admire you for bending the traditions, but I hate how bad of a brother you are." Everyone at the table had their mouths open, minus Rory who was smiling. 

****

Rory couldn't be happier. The last weeks of school were great. Lily and Severus made up and Rory was happy that summer wouldn't be awkward. She gifted her potions book to Tina who was beyond the moon. Today was Evans's birthday so they decided to exchange gifts today. Rory's birthday was in ten days so it didn't really matter. "Happy Birthday Rosie!" Evan groaned. "When are you gonna stop calling me that. "It's cute and I like it, plus, it's funny to see you annoyed." She pinched his cheeks. "Happy early birthday to you too Ola." Rory smiled brightly. "Can you believe next year we're in sixth year?" Rory said as they sat down near the lake. "No, but I'm excited" "Here I got you a gift." She gave him a quaffle signed by his favourite quidditch player. His eyes wided to the size of saucers. "Is this for real? Is this really Brevis Birchs Quaffle?! The captain of the Tutshill Tornado's Quaffle." Rory stifled a giggle. "Yes, I got it from an old friend of mine." That wasn't completely a lie. She asked Dumbledore to get it for her because he knew Birch. "I am lost at words... Thank you, Rory! Thank you so much. I got you a present too, I didn't wrap it so I'll just give it to you now."

 He reached out to his pocket and drew out a gold chain. It had a pendant of a rose. Rory was in awe. "I uh, found this and it reminded me a lot of you. You know, your really sweet an-and beautiful but really scary when you're mad, like the thorns? And also my last name is french for a rose so..." "It's beautiful, thank you. Can you put it on?" She did that so he wouldn't be able to see her blush. While he clipped it, it gave both of them time to compose themselves before meeting eye to eye. "I'm going to miss you over the summer, Rosier." "Aye, I will too Dunlap." She kissed him on the cheek and looked at his smile for the last time until next term before parting ways. Little did they know, both of their stomachs were on a roller coaster, and they couldn't wait until they saw each other again.

--------------------------

woohoo! fifth-year done!