*Pink Toad*

September 1st, 1995

The rest of the summer passed by in a breeze. Harry's hearing went well, so he was now back to attending Hogwarts. Dumbledore had assigned Rory and Evan to patrol around Hogwarts regularly, as well as Tonks and Mundungus. Rory's relationship with her kids was a little rough, they were still angry at her for not telling them much about the order, but they weren't the only ones. 

"You lot! Get down here! We're going to miss the train!" Molly yelled at the teenagers. Once they all came down, they started walking to the station, not much happened there. They got onto the platform just in time, leaving Rory to talk to her kids. She looked at all of them and gave them a hug. They sort of returned the gesture. 

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I had to. I could tell you other stuff because it had something to do with the family." She sighed as the whistle blew. "Get on board, and have a good semester. I will miss you and don't forget that I love all of you. Stick to uncle Sev." They each gave her a half-hearted kiss before getting on board. Evan wrapped his arm around her. "You ok love?" He asked. She rested her head on his shoulder, "Yea I guess, guess we should get going if we want to see Grandpa," He nodded before taking her hand and apparating to Hogwarts. They went up to the castle and entered Dumbledore's office. "Nice trip?" He asked when they entered the room. 

Rory looked at Evan. "Not really. The kids are upset I wouldn't tell them much about the order," The old man listened. "Well, they'll come around sometime. For now, I have a concern. The minister has appointed one of his trusted members to teach DADA at Hogwarts. Fudge is concerned about how I run the school and I suppose this new teacher will not be delightful. Her name is Dolores Umbridge," At the mention, Evan scrunched his nose. "Isn't she the rather short lady who wears a lot of pink? I don't think she likes me too much, and I don't like her either. Was on my tail the whole time at the ministry after what happened at the tournament. Kind of reminds me of a pink toad." Rory couldn't help but crack a grin at Evan's description.

"Yes I think, The point is, I want you two to patrol Hogwarts more than I asked. You will both be going to Hogsmead trips, disguised of course. And Rory will have more of a full-time job at the hospital wing, disguised as well. As you Evan will continue working at the ministry. Report anything you find that might be useful. I will give you two a dorm separate from the other teachers. It may be easier to transport that way if you live here." The couple nodded. "But Grandpa, what will you tell the others?" Rory asked. "I will tell the order members that you two will be away for a while. Did you two master becoming an unregistered animagus?" He asked. Rory and Evan straightened their backs. "Yes, it was quite hard actually," Rory mumbled under her breath. "I see, and what animals are you may I ask?" The couple looked at each other, then Evan finally nodded indicating that Rory tells him hers first. "A great-horned owl, which is weird because my patronus is a phoenix," Dumbledore nodded "Sometimes that happens," he said before turning his attention to Evan. Rory had to think very hard on dementors so that she wouldn't laugh at Evan's reply. "A bowtruckle." Evan said. Dumbledore did not laugh, but he held amusement in his eyes.

"Very well, I suppose those animals will be more useful than say an elephant, as I will need you two to be in those animals to spy on people. I think Rory, an owl would attract less attention than a phoenix so I would say you were lucky it's different. My first task for the two of you would be to watch the sorting ceremony. You two can fly up to the top of the hall where no one would evidently find you. From there, I want you to watch for everything. I suggest you go now before the hall starts filling with people." They both nodded before Rory turned to Evan and gave him a mischievous grin. Evan saw the look and became weary. "What are you thinking?" He asked. Rory shrugged innocently. "Nothing," Evan didn't have time to question her before she started growing feathers and grew shorter. Soon an owl was flying across the room happily. 

Evan transformed into the wooden stick and signalled that she lands. Rory crouched down so that Evan could climb on top of her. Evan found himself a spot beside Groot. It felt weird for him to see Groot the same size as him. He didn't wonder much longer because the moment he sat down, the bird started flying. He now realized what Rory was up to. Dumbledore opened the door for them. "I wish you a safe flight, although that might be impossible with Rory flying." They just barely heard him before they glided ungracefully across the corridors. Rory was having fun, twirling and diving, while Groot and Evan tried their hardest not to puke. She finally arrived at the great hall and flew to the ceiling of the room. It took a bit before finding a concealed corner where they could see the teacher's table. There was a ledge there for them to transform back into humans and rest without being seen. Rory conjured a bucket for her husband before taking the view.

"Couldn't have slowed down now could you?" He asked after resurfacing from the blue bucket. "Nope," she said, popping the 'p'. "It's so weird to be up here," she said, Evan nodded along. "Yea, usually we're down there," They heard chatters coming. "Seems the teachers are arriving, be quiet." She whispered, and they watched the whole ceremony, mouths open when the new DADA teacher interrupted Dumbledore.