*Poppy's Assistant*

November 1992

Since Cody had finally gone to Hogwarts, Rory could now start to work at the school. She was going to Hogwarts today since it was the first quidditch match and there were likely to be injuries. Molly and Reg had both tried out for the team. Molly got her position of chaser like Evan. Reg had tried out for seeker and he would've gotten it if it weren't for Malfoy buying his way in. Reg was upset but he was relieved he didn't have to go against his twin sister. Rory sat with the professors in between Dumbledore and Severus. 

"Rory there was nothing I could do! Malfoy was threatening me! I wanted Reg to be on the team more than you did! He's almost as good as potter!" Rory was slightly mad at him for letting Malfoy win, but she understood. She sighed, "I know, sometimes I just want to send a howler at him." Dumbledore was laughing from beside her. The game had started. Rory could see Harry looking for the snitch, and gasped when a buldger came booming at him. She saw the red-headed twins batting it away, but it just kept pelting back at Harry. "Someone's fixed it." She mumbled. Severus groaned. "Another person trying to kill Potter? I already saved him last year, I don't know if I could handle saving him again! Rory slapped his arm. After almost killing the Gryffindor seeker, Oliver called a time-out.

Then they were back in the air again, Harry by himself. Rory could still see the rogue ball attacking him, as Harry did little twirls to avoid it. If matters were different, Rory would have laughed. "NO!" Harry had been hit in the elbow, rather hard and was sliding off his broom, his arm at a weird angle. Rory closed her eyes, she couldn't watch. Sev tapped her shoulder, and she found Harry on the ground but he was holding a gold small object. She ran down to the pitch but Lockhart beat her to it. 

By the time she reached the boy, Lockhart had already put a spell that dismissed all his bones. "You Blithering Idiot!" She seethed and carried Harry to the hospital wing, Ron, Hermione, and Lockhart following her. When they reached the hospital, Rory put him on a bed and called for Poppy. Gilderoy was still smiling and trying to talk to Rory. After 5 minutes, Rory had enough. "Thats it! You see that door?" She pointed to the entrance. Lockhart nodded a little shocked. "I want you on the other side of it!" When he didn't move, Rory used her wand and pushed him through, slamming the door after him. 

Fred and George watched her in awe. Poppy made a fuss that Lockhart did a stupid thing. Then giving Harry a bottle of Skele-grow potion, which he gagged at. "What did you expect it to be? Poly juice Potion? Now everybody OUT! The boy has bones to grow!"

****

Rory had stayed at the hospital taking care of Harry. The door to the infirmary opened, revealing a Brown haired boy. "Hi, mum." Rory was surprised to see her son here. "Hey, hun, what's the matter?" Cody shrugged. "Just thought I should visit you since you're here." Rory nodded and allowed him to sit down beside her. "How's Ravenclaw going?" Cody thought for a bit. "it's alright, I made a new friend, her name Luna Lovegood. She's a bit odd, but I like her." Rory nodded, she was happy her boy was making friends. They fell in silence for a bit. "Mum," Cody said. "Ginny's been acting a bit weird lately. She's really pale and quiet. I don't think I've ever seen her that quiet." Rory listened concerned. "Alright, maybe I'll talk to her when she comes back for Christmas." Cody nodded. "Cody, things at Hogwarts seem a little rough, and I know it's hard for you since all your siblings are in different houses, but I want you to always be with somebody. I- I want you to be careful." Cody was going to nod, but right as he tilted his head, the doors flew open revealing the headmaster and Minnie carrying a little blond Gryffindor. 

"Rory dear, quick get Madame Pomfrey!" Dumbledore ordered. Rory obeyed and got Poopy who gasped at the young boy. "Another attack?" The three were talking while Rory got Cody. "Headmaster, I will be right back, I'm sending Cody to Ravenclaw tower." He nodded. "Good idea Rory dear, I do not think it would be wise to send Mr.Rosier by himself." She nodded and led them out. Rory was about to say something when she noticed a trail of spiders on the side. "Look Cody, that's odd." He looked to the window that the spiders were climbing on. "Yea odd." The two of them looked at it curiously, then Rory looked slightly up to see the night sky, but she didn't see the dark night. Instead, she saw two giant pairs of yellow eyes. She barely made a sound before suddenly stiffening and collapsing on the ground.

"Mum!" Cody nervously looked at her mother's solid body. He knelt down and tried to figure out what happened. He panicked, trying to think. She was looking out the window- then got attacked. No one stunned her, then I would've seen them. Think Cody! Cody figured something out. He ducked his head into his mother's arm, protecting his eyes. Mum must have looked at something. Wait a minute, the window can reflect... so the cat saw something through the water, and Colin saw it through his camera! Oh, I have to tell grandpa! 

Cody had figured it out, and he had to get to the hospital wing, only he couldn't lookup. He searched his mother's pockets, and eventually found Groot. "Hey groot, can you give me something shiny, like a spoon or a mirror?" Groot went back under Rory's jacket and retrieved a small mirror. "That'll do. Better than dying..." Unfortunately, and maybe fortunately, when he held the mirror, he saw the exact same yellow pairs of eyes behind him... at least he wasn't dead.