*Tina?*

January 5th, 1978

The rest of the holidays were quiet and relaxing. The charms were put on the cottage so that no muggle would fall upon it. "We only have 6 months until we graduate!" Rory and Evan were on the carriages taking them up to the castle with Regulus. "Aww, I don't want you to leave!" Reg crossed his arms. Rory wrapped her arms around the boy. "Don't worry Reg, you can come visit us anytime." He still grumbled a bit. "Wow, it feels like we just got sorted last year!" Rory hummed in response. "I'm going to miss Hogwarts." Evan smiled at her. "I'm sure we all will"

****

The feast was delicious as always. Rory and Lily decided to hang out in Lily's dorm since they haven't done that in a while. "Lils! Lets go get some icecream from the kitchens!" "Ok, I'll grab some butterbeer aswell." When they were satisfied with the amount of food they gathered, they snuck back to Lily's dorm. "What are you lovely ladies doing tonight?" Sirius asked from the coffee table when they entered the common room. "Could ask you the same thing Black"  He put his hands to his heart. "Dunlap, I thought we were past the last name basis." She replied with a "Nope".  They went up the stairs to Lily's dorm. "Right, what do you want to do first? Nails, or hair?" Lily asked. "Hair!" Rory replied. She grabbed Lily's muggle curler and charmed it to work. "Lily sit!" Lily sat on the floor while Rory sat on the end of the bed curling Lily's hair. They talked about everything, catching up on the months that we missed.

 "Oh I forgot to tell you, me and Evan found an abandoned cottage near the Weasley's, and after we fix it up, we're going to move in together!" "Merlin! I'm so happy for you!" Their conversation was caught short when James popped his head in. "Hey, Lily... and Rory, uh Lily Dumbledore needs us right now just to talk about some of the prefects schedules," "Oh ok, I'll be down in a sec," he left the room. Rory seemed to notice the awkwardness between the two and got suspicious. "What was that?" She asked. "What was what?" Rory frowned. "The awkward politness, the shy tones, the nearly blushing Potter? " Lily sighed, "We um, we may have kissed before christams break? And now its all awkward." Rory wanted to squeal, "Don't say anything!! I'll be back soon so stay here." She left and Rory rolled her eyes. 

She waited 5 minutes before declaring that Lily had left the common room. She went down the stairs to find Peter passed out on the couch, Remus intently playing chess, and Sirius playing against him, occasionally swearing. "Guys," she said as she reached the couch, gaining the two boy's attention. "Did you know Lily and James kissed?" Sirius replied without looking up. "Yea we did, prongs wouldn't stop talking about it all Christmas break. it was Lily this and Lily that" Rory sat down on the couch and started eating Peters jellybeans. "Right well, I want to do something about it. Obviously, they like each other, but they're too stupid to realize." At this, both boys looked up, Sirius having an eyebrow raised. "What are you saying, Rory?" Remus inquired. "I'm saying, we should get them together" She had a bit of a smirk on her face which Sirius saw. "Hell yea! Let's do it!" Sirius said. Remus on the other hand was a bit hesitant. "C'mon guys, should we really do this?" "Yes! If we don't their going to take a century until they get together on their own!" Remus considered it, and when he didn't say anything back, they started planning. After about 15 minutes, "Alright, I'm going to get the puking pasties from my room and then we'll be ready." Sirius was the one who suggested using the pasties to trick James, and Remus volunteered to make a cup of pumpkin juice have the same effect. 

Rory was on the way to opening the entrance, "Oh and I'll also get the juice from th- eww" When she stopped talking the boys turned their heads to her. "What is it?" Sirius asked. Rory looked out the door for another second before slamming it back closed and gagging. "I guess it didn't take a century for them to be together." The boys were confused now so they came and opened the door, only regretting it soon after. Sirius shouted at the door, hoping to be heard from the other side. "PRONGS! I WOULD BE PROUD OF YOU BUT GET A ROOM!" Remus handed her something brown. "Chocolate?" Rory took it. "Please."

****

News that Lily and James were together spread like wildfire around the castle. Now neither would be seen without the other, except when it was a full moon. Lily seemed to have become an unofficial marauder, and she could admit it was fun. The next morning when Lily and James came down to breakfast hand in hand, Rory saw Minnie pass some gold galleons into her grandfather's hand. The sight made Rory laugh gaining unwanted attention. Evan shooed the viewers away while also discreetly handing Rory some galleons. "Told you I would win this bet," She said. He scowled at her while throwing a piece of toast in her face. He received a pretty hand gesture from her. Hooting was heard from above, and Rory's owl came swooping down dropping the daily prophet in front of her, then resting on Evans's head.

Rory didn't laugh like she usually would because the heading of the newspaper caught her attention. In big bold letters, DEATH EATER ATTACK was written. Rory quickly untied the paper and began to read. She gasped audibly, Mr. Evans and Mrs.Evans were injured but not dead. A few more families were reported either missing, killed, or injured. Many of them were her classmates. She read the last line, and her heart skipped a beat. She read it over and over again, hoping it wasn't true. Tears were starting to flow and her hands were gripping the page. "Whats wrong?" Evan asked worriedly across the table. Rory looked up, eyes red and muttered with a hoarse voice,

"Tina's dead."

----------------

 😥😥😥 

sorry