*Git*

Rory found Lily in the girl's lavatory and told Severus to wait outside. "Lils?" She wrapped her arms around her. "He called me a mu-mud" "Shh." Rory was having deja-vu. "Look lily, i'm not asking you to forgive him right away, but you have to understand that he messed up and didn't mean it." "How wo-ould you kn-now" She hiccupped. "Cuz I saw it in his eyes right after he said it. He's waiting outside the door to apologize to you, Lily. Do you really believe that after all you've done for him, he'd just throw it away? Lily, we both know he's not like that. It just slipped." Lily seemed to consider it. "Fine, I'll give him a chance." As promised, Severus was waiting outside but his eyes were slightly red. Rory decided to leave the two alone, so she went to the courtyard and sighed.

She took out her wand and conjured birds. They tweeted happily and Rory wanted nothing more than to be with her family. Today, three years ago, she received a letter from the ministry informing her of their death. "Nice birds," said a familiar voice but it sounded cracked. She looked up and was met with sad blue eyes. She didn't have any more energy to be mad. "Where's Vanity?" She said with a slight sneer. Evan sat down and sighed. "She broke up with me" Part of Rory felt that he deserved it. "Oh," was all she said. "Caught her cheating on me with Flint, and she ended it." They stayed silent. "Rory? I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being rude and cold to you." Rory could only manage to say "Yea, you were a downright git to me" without breaking down. "I tried to make Emma and I's relationship better. I wanted to make my parents proud, but I didn't realise that I had to ignore you." "You didn't just ignore me you know. You hurt me, whenever I was being picked on, you just shrugged it off. When I asked if you were ok, you just ignored me. You hurt me Evan," at this point tears were flowing down her face. "I know and I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me right away, but I was an idiot alright. I took our friendship for granted and I regret it. If I could go back in time and fix it, I would. I missed you Rory. You were the only one who understood how I felt, you brought out the real me, you were my only trur friend, I'm sorry." His face was also steaming in tears. 

Rory wasn't sure if she wanted to forgive him so she said "Today's my parent's death anniversary." She didn't see his reaction but knew he felt guilty. "I was so scared for two months you know.  That I lost you. I was scared that my Evan was gone, that he turned into a pureblood prejudice. You don't know how badly I wanted to talk to you." she was sobbing, and hesitantly Evan wrapped his arms around her and silently cried. " I forgive you Evan, but I won't forget what you did." Evan was not expecting that. He expected her to walk away. "I'm so sorry Rory. I promise with all my heart, I'll never hurt you like that again." she stayed quiet in his arms, but she was happy. "Looks like we both had a bad day huh?" she said untangling herself from him. Evan let out a small chuckle. 

"Yea I guess we did. By the way, I saw what happened at the Black lake. And damn, you should've seen the horror on Potters face. I swear I saw McGonagall with her jaws dropped." Rory laughed and smiled for the first time in a long time. "Are you alright? With Emma and stuff" Evan didn't even hesitate. "Yea, she wasn't really my type anyway." He wanted to add "You are" but held back. "I've said this a lot already but I'm sorry about your parents" "Thanks, I miss them a lot." They fell in comfortable silence until Evan came to a realization. 

"How come I don't know when your birthday is?" "Cause you never asked" she replied slyly. "When is it?" he inquired. "June 30th." "Ha!" he said which made Rory jump and slap him in the arm. "I'm older than you by ten days." he held a proud smile. Rory furrowed her eyebrows. "That doesn't mean you're better than me!" "No, but I got my Hogwarts letter before you!" She looked at him. "Thats what you're happy about?!" They laughed together and it felt good. "How did you do in your exams?" "Probably failed Magical Creatures and herbology but other than that, I think I did pretty good. What about you." Rory flashed a smile. "I think I did well in all of them!" Evan only scoffed. "That's only because your secretly like Dumbledores' grandaughter!" 'If only he knew' she thought while forcing a fake smile. None the less she was happy she got her friend back