*Hogsmead*

November 13th, 1975

Rory watched as Regulus waited anxiously for Athena. As soon as she would appear, she, Lily and Severus would go down to Hogsmeade together. She saw a fourth-year Slytherin girl walk to the entrance and Rory took it as her queue to leave. She found her friends and they all went down to the carriages together. 

"I'm worried for Regulus!" Rory said when they reached Hogsmeade. "I bet he'll be fine," said lily and Severus in unison. Rory frowned but kept her mouth shut. "Speaking of which, you and Rosier have gotten quite cosy haven't you?" asked lily with a teasing smile. "what?! no we haven't," Rory said too quickly. "Please, you laugh at nearly everything he says. The only people that can actually make you laugh that hard is either me, lils, or Regulus. " Severus joined Lily. Rory was trying to hide her face from her friends but that was proven difficult as she was in between both of them. "Oh you two would be such a good pair!" lily was now squealing. "Lily I swear if you don't shut up I will throw you in the snow." Severus was laughing at Rory's threat. 

Just then, three Gryffindor girls came up. Rory recognized them as Marlene, Alice and Mary, who was Severus's potion partner. Rory noticed the boy beside her grew quiet instantly. "Lily! Do you want to join us at the three broomsticks?" Lily looked unsure but Rory was eager to get rid of her so she replied for her. "Yes of course she can!"Rory said enthusiastically. Lily was whisked away by the three. "Want to go to honeydukes?" Rory asked Severus. He grinned and said yes.

****

After they loaded themselves with sweets they found a bench under a tree where they shared a pack of Bertie Botts jellybeans. "How are things going with lily?" Severus gave a big sigh and shook his head. "I don't really know anymore. I mean she's great and all but I don't know if I feel that way anymore." Rory knew about his crush on Lily. "I think I know. You still love her but in a more sisterly way now." He cocked his head in confusion. "I'm sure you liked her as more than a friend when you were younger, and you believed that you two were meant to be. But know you're confused because she's more like a sister now but you feel like you still love her because of what you thought in the past." Severus furrowed his brows a bit and considered her thoughts. "Ok, but why?" This time Rory thought for a minute, "You fancy Mary MacDonald." Severus snapped his head to her so violently, Rory was sure he was going to crack it. "W-hat?" "You fancy Mary," Rory repeated.  "NO! I mean I don't" Rory raised an eyebrow at the flushed boy. "Ok fine, maybe I do, but how'd you figure it out?" Rory held a satisfied smile as she replied.

"Well one, you stare a lot at her. I noticed when you weren't staring at Lily as much. Also, I realized that every single potion that you both do is almost perfect. Unless it's with me lils, by yourself or with a Slytherin, you usually sneer or insult them which results in the potion failing. The fact that you're succeeding means that you don't insult her. Also just now, or whenever you are near her, you play with your hands which is what you do when you are nervous." Sev looked at her. "I wish you weren't so smart". He pouted. "oops," She said sheepishly.

****

Rory sat by herself at the three broomsticks reading a book. Severus left her a while ago so she decided to stop by and get a butterbeer. Coincidentally, Regulus and his date were there. Rory had no plans for spying on them, but they came right after her, and she couldn't leave without being seen which Regulus would have thought she was spying on them. Rory was stuck there for two hours, and she had been nearly caught. She tried to cover herself with her book. 

"Rory?" The mention of her name made her jump in panic. She turned and noticed it was a certain blond boy. "Oh hi Eva-" from the corner of her eye she could see Reg and Athena were beginning to take off. But they would have to pass her in order to get to the door. Evan was right in front of her which would bring their attention to her so she did the only thing she could think of. She yanked Evan down to sit beside her and buried her face in his shoulder. Evan and Rory were both very red in the face. Rory couldn't help but smell him. She smelt new books, men's cologne, and coffee, while Evan smelt coconut, peaches and books. when Rory was sure they were gone, she pushed herself off of Evan and avoided eye contact. 

"Sorry, uh Reg was here with his date and I didn't want him to think I was spying on him." Evan sturred out an "Its ok" and silence fell between them. Rory cleared her throat and said

"What are you doing here?" "I was going to ask you the same thing." "Oh well I was reading... Want to go outside?" Evan finally managed to look at her before saying "Sure"

The two walked outside and went to a quiet part of the village. Rory couldn't handle the awkward silence so she grabbed a handful of snow and smacked Evan in the back with it. His eyes widened but they held ambition when he saw her laughing. he grabbed a ball of snow and threw it at her face. Now he was the one laughing. Rory hated to lose so she got her wand out and conjured a pile of snowballs, charming them to follow Evan. After their mini-war, they decided to make a snowman. 

"Lets name him Frosty," Rory said as she wrapped her extra scarf around the snowman."Hey! you can't make him a huflepuff! He's totally a Slytherin." Evan placed his toque on Frosty. "What! no he's a Hufflepuff!, I mean look, he's not that sly!" "How would you know? He can't move" Rory put an offended look and took her wand out again. "Geez I'll show you" She made the snowman move and run towards Evan. Evan took off running, Frosty close behind him. "Rory make him stop make him stop!" Rory was enjoying it too much so she let the snowman catch up and collapse on top of him. She grinned at him.

"Oh, you are so going to pay for it!" He chased her around, laughter was heard. When he finally caught up to her, he wrapped his arms around her torso and twirled her around. They collapsed onto the ground and gazed up to the sky. Both were exhausted, but their cheeks were pink and they held a smile that could be seen a mile away.