*Godric's hollow*

Summer 1981

The Rosiers were happy to say they were almost having a normal year. June 1st of 1981, the last Rosier was born. He was the second son of the family and was named Cody Albus Rosier. Cody had Rory's big brown eyes, much like Molly. Then on August 11th, the last Weasley was also born, the Weasleys being blessed with a beautiful baby girl. They had named her Ginerva Aurora Weasley. (I know that's not her actual middle name, but I thought I'd make it that way) The two families were happy with what was going on right now. 

Bill was ecstatic and getting ready to start Hogwarts in the fall. He was reading all of his parent's and Godparents' books, trying to get a head start. Rory sometimes let him make potions with her, but only simple ones since he wasn't the greatest at the subject.

Charlie was still hung up on dragons, but he also adored quidditch. He played with Evan on his broomstick in the field, and Evan was impressed at his skills.

Percy still four years old was a quick learner. Most of the time he stayed with Rory to learn about anything. However, he was also a victim of the twins, since he wasn't considered 'fun'.

Fred and George had teamed up with Reg and Molly, despite them still crawling. The rosier twins had made up after their incident and they were never seen without the other. They seemed to have understood Fred and George's plans to prank everyone. 

Tina was friendly and everyone said that she reminded them of Rory. She was basically a mini Rory, however, her favourite person was Severus Snape, because he let her do different types of potions when he had the time. Ron, Ginny and Cody were all very quiet children, mostly because they were always sleeping. 

****

October 31st, 1981

1981 was soon going to be ending, but Rory had to say, it was one of the most peaceful years she had ever lived in, or so she thought so. In September, Bill had gotten into Gryffindor and happiness was going all around. Evan and Moody had managed to fill more cells in Azkaban than any other year. Rory had decided not to work at Mungos, but instead, she decided to help out madame Pomfrey at Hogwarts when poppy needed help. Unfortunately, no progress had been made whatsoever on the mole in the order, but tonight they would be getting a peek at it. 

Today The Rosiers and Weasleys were celebrating Halloween. Eating candy, dressing up, having fun, that stuff. It was around 9 pm when Rory had a strange feeling in her gut that something was wrong. Something was urging her to go to Godric's Hollow. "Evan, I think somethings wrong- I need to go see Lily." Without so much waiting for a reply, Rory apparated on the spot and reappearing in the small village. It was dark, and there were no children out. Rory thought everything was fine until she realized that there was a house that wasn't usually there, but it was in ruins. She immediately recognized the house as the Potters and ran towards it. 

She went through the broken door and almost screamed at the sight in front of her. James Potter was lying lifeless on the ground like he was a piece of trash. She quickly sent a Patronus to Evan and Dumbledore.  She leaned down to check on James, but she already knew he was dead. She moved up to the second floor of the house and went into the nursery. "NO!" Rory ran up to Lily and held her in her arms. Lily's bright emerald eyes were no longer holding any light. Rory was crying over her dead best friend's body. Rory looked up to see if Harry was around, which he probably wasn't since he was only a baby. 

However, when she reached his crib, she did not find a dead baby, instead, she found a boy with messy black hair and Lily's green eyes. She picked him up curiously. "Harry!? How are you still alive?" She checked to see if he had any injuries, but the only thing she could find was a lightning-shaped scar. She didn't observe it for too long because she heard a noise behind her. Hagrid and Sirius were both standing in front of the door, Sirius with his wand raised. Rory's mind was too occupied to realize that Sirius, the secret keeper, was standing in front of her, so her attention was turned back on the boy.  Hagrid and Sirius were having a short conversation, but Rory was not listening. 

She was brought back to the world when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Hagrid was there, tears in his eyes, similar to Rory's. "Ory, Dumbledore sent me to get -Arry, said he was gonna take -im to his aunt's," Rory furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would he send her to Petunia? I'm his godmother?" Hagrid shrugged a bit. "Why don you come with me then to see Dumbledore, he'd autta explain it." They left the house and rode on a flying motorcycle to Privet Drive. Standing there was Dumbledore and McGonagall. 

"Ah Hagrid, At last. And where did you get that motorbike?"  Hagrid sniffed a bit. "Borrowed it from Young Sirius Black, and I've brought Ory here too." Dumbledore was not surprised the woman came along. She quickly got out of the bike and went over to the two professors. "Why is Harry staying at Petunia's?" she half-whispered. Minnie was baffled at how Rory was talking to Dumbledore, but he simply just raised his hand to stop her from saying anything. "Rory, the boy will be safer if he grows up in the muggle world." Rory shook her head. "But I'm his godmother, and these people are horrible. They hate anything to do with the wizarding world!" Minnie nodded along. "I agree headmaster, I have been watching them all day and they truly are-" she was cut off by Dumbledore. "the only family he has." Dumbledore brought the boy to the footsteps of the front door. Rory scoffed. "Am I just not capable to take care of him?" Dumbledore seemed to ignore her, "In time my dear, you will understand. But now I need you to check on the longbottoms, I fear they too are in danger." Rory left quickly because she couldn't bare watching the young boy be left in front of the doorsteps.