*Pettigrew*

May 1994

Harry was holding a little grudge against Rory now and wasn't really talking to her. Rory was hurt but she understood why he was mad. She was going to visit Severus today, just to catch up. She arrived at his office at around 9pm when students were supposed to be in bed. She found him brewing a wolfsbane potion. "Oh hi Rory, I need to give this to Lupin, he forgot to take it." Rory nodded. "I'll come with you. It's nice you know, doing this for Remus." Severus gave her aglare as she smiled sheepishly. They knocked on his classroom door, but there was no answer. They decided to enter, but Remus was nowhere in sight. Rory approached his desk and found a familiar parchment. "Bloody hell," she said. "What," Severus asked. Rory looked at him with fear. "We have to go to the Whomping Willow"

****

Severus found Harry's cloak on the ground and decided to use it. Rory insisted she would put a spell on herself to make herself invisible, and they entered the tree. They silently walked and entered the shack as quietly as possible. Rory had to hold her breath from gasping as she saw the trio, black and Lupin. Remus was explaining about the marauders. Rory found Ron in pain, holding his leg while clutching his rat. She was dazed but she snapped back to reality when Severus took off the cloak. He was going on and on about being rewarded, but he was then stunned by three different people. Severus flung backwards, almost hitting Rory, and lay motionless on the ground. 

Sirius and Remus, or more Remus, were continuing to explain as Rory kept hidden. Sirius kept saying Ron's rat was Pettigrew, and when Rory looked closely, the rat looked like Peter. She felt stupid. He was living with them for 12 years, and the real traitor was in front of her. Hermione asked how Sirius knew it was Peter, although Rory was sure it was him. Sirius held up the daily prophet where a picture of the Rosiers and Weasleys were. Right on Ron's shoulder, Peter was there in rat form with one finger gone. "Of course his finger! So brilliant and Simple!" Ron denied it, but Rory was full of anger. The rat was the reason why Harry was miserable. The Gryffindor side of her came out, and she took the spell of her while summoning the rat, surprising the hell out of everyone.

"Rory? What are you doing?" Remus asked. Rory held ambition in her eyes. "I'm keeping my godson safe from this rat! I can't believe I didn't realize it was Peter!" Sirius kept an eye on the rat. "I'm quite surprised you didn't figure it out, after all, you are-" Rory glared at him so hard, he backed off. Harry still held confusion and anger. "Aunt Rory, are you mad? Scabbers can't be Pettigrew! He's dead! He killed him! And even if it is Pettigrew, Black was my parent's secret keeper! He killed them!"Harry said while holding a finger at Sirius as he went solemn. "I as good as killed them. There was a mole, so we decided to trick everyone, including Dumbledore, that I was the secret keeper, but really Peter was. I was ordered to check on him the night Lily and James died, but Peter had fled." Remus considered it. "There's only one way to prove it, Rory, are you ready." She nodded stiffly, holding the rat at arm's length away. The three adults shot a spell at it, and Rory dropped the animal as it became heavier.

Soon, a short balding man appeared, and Rory scrunched her nose. "Well hello Peter. Long time no see." Remus said. Peter was shivering, and Rory saw his eyes dart to the door. "We've been having a little chat Peter, About what happened the night Lily and James died." Peter paled. "Remus- you don't believe him do you? He tried to kill me Remus!" Remus went cold, "So we've heard. I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you , so if-" He was cut off by Peter screaming hoarsely. "He's come back! He's come back to kill me!" The three marauders were talking with tension while Rory kept her eyes on the bald man. She noticed Ron's leg bleeding so she gave him a vile of her potion. "Here Ron, take it." He did and felt immense relief. 

Her attention returned back to Sirius and Remus, and Peter. "Remus! And Rory! Sureley they would have included you in the plan!" Rory and Remus looked at each other. "Not unless he though Remus and I were the spy?" Rory asked slight anger in her voice. Sirius didn't look at Rory but looked at Remus. "Forgive me, Remus." Lupin was rolling up his sleeves. "Not at all Padfoot, as long as you forgive me for believing you were the spy?" Sirius Nodded. Rory rolled her eyes, "You boys done gazing into each others eyes?" Sirius gave her a dirty look. They agreed that they were going to kill him, and Rory couldn't agree more. 

Peter was trying desperately to get himself out of this situation. "Ron- Haven't I been a good pet?" Ron gagged in disgust. "I let you sleep in my bed!" Peter inched closer to Ron. "Sweet boy, kind master! Don't let them kill me!" Rory kicked him in the stomach. "Stay away from my godsons!" Peter turned to her. "Please, Rory! You can't believe them! How could I be the spy?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "I thought you were being suspicious for a while! Suddenly pale and everything! I can't believe you let Voldemort kill Lily and James! Now Harry had a horrible life, you framed Sirius, and made everyone think you were a hero! You're just as bad as Bellatrix! You killed my best friend!" Rory was letting all her anger go. No one had seen her like this since 5th year, and Ron now understood what Evan was talking about.

"You sold Lily and James to Voldemort, do you deny it?" Sirius asked. Peter started bawling. "You don't know the Dark lord. He's powerful! He was taking over everything! He would have killed me!" Sirius roared with anger. "THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED FOR THEM AS WE WOULD HAVE FOR YOU!" "You should have known Peter, if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would have. Goodbye Peter." They were about to shoot the spell when Harry jumped in front of them. "No!"

"Harry get out of the way," Rory said in a dangerous tone. "No! You can't kill him!" That caught everyone's attention. "Harry, this piece of vermin is the reason why you don't have parents," Sirius said. "I know, but I don't think my dad would want his friends to become murderers, we'll take him to the castle." Peter looked relieved. "Oh thank You harry!" Harry looked at him and gave him a glare. "We're going to send you to the dementors, you deserve it." So they tied peter up, Ron and Remus volunteering to be tied up with him. Hermione stayed with Rory as she levitated Severus from the ground. "Will he be alright?" Hermione asked the older witch. "He's been through worse, he'll be fine." She said, but that only raised Hermione's suspicion about Rory. Harry and Sirius walked together at the back, and Rory could hear them talking about moving in with Sirius. 

Rory knew Dumbledore wouldn't accept, but let them talk anyway. They walked out of the tree, but Remus stopped dead. The ground was light by the full moon, and Rory's eyes widened. "Shit, Hermione, please take Ron and Harry to the caslte. Please. Run!" Remus started transforming, which led him to drop his wand. Peter picked it up, and Harry tried to disarm him, but he was too late. Peter shrunk back into the small rat and scurried away. Rory focused on Ron who was still attached to the transforming Lupin. She shot a spell at the chains and broke Ron free. She grabbed the children and hid them behind her back, waiting for him to turn into a wolf. Her Patronus wouldn't work until he was fully done. Sirius tried talking to Lupin, but it wasn't working. 

Severus had woken up and quickly scanned the situation. He pushed Rory out of the way and hid her behind her back. "Sev stop-" She felt something swish past her, meaning she nearly missed Remus's swing. Padfoot was trying to hold back the wolf, but he was flung off. Rory used her wand. "Expecto Patronum" and led him to the forbidden forest. When Rory turned around, she found the boy with glasses was nowhere. "No..." Harry was still trying to find Peter, Sirius had realized and chased after him. "Rory, take the two up to the castle." She tried to argue, but lost and took the two children up to the hospital wing, leaving Severus to deal with Sirius and Harry.