*Divorce?*

September 2nd, 1995

The undercover missions were going smooth so far. Most of the time, they were trailing after Harry and Molly's class. Right now, Evan was in the DADA class watching timidly. He cringed when Harry raised his voice at Umbridge and earned detention. He knew that detention would not be in his favour. Unfortunately, before he could enter the room the door closed as if it knew Evan was there. He tried several ways to get into the room after that. But none of it worked. It didn't cross his mind to tell Rory. After a week of trying, Evan was about to give up, but then he found out that his own daughter had been punished for detention, and his determination was higher. He tried to sneak onto Molly's back, but she kept thinking it was Picket and returned him to Tina every time. He waited after one detention and watched Harry and Molly talk after. 

"Harry, I'm fine." Molly whispered. "No you're not! We have to get to the hospital wing!" Harry pleaded. Molly shook her head. "And give the toad the satisfaction of getting to me? No! And anyways, mum is there. I don't want her to know and you can't tell her!" Harry sighed in defeat as they turned the corner to the Gryffindor tower. Evan nearly transformed into a human when he heard what was going on. He ran to Dumbledore's office right after. Rory was already there, talking to the headmaster. Evan was out of breath from running and took a seat.

"Evan? What's wrong?" Rory asked while getting her husband some water. He gulped it down in a second. "Harry and Molly. Detention with Umbridge. Using blood quills." He said between gasps. Dumbledore was oddly calm. "Evan, what do you mean?" Rory asked. "Harry and Molly got detention with Umbridge, and she'd using blood quills on them." He grabbed her arm before she could run out of the room. "Evan! Let me go! That witch-" Dumbledore raised his hand. He sighed at Rory's disappointing look. "Rory, there is nothing you can do. Fudge has allowed them, and I cannot do much with it. I knew you would find out, and I assume you thought of using your potion correct?" Rory had calmed down a bit. "Now that I think about it, yea. But I just wanted to rip her head off." Dumbledore smiled. 

"Well, I think that the potion is a great idea, only it won't look too good for the ministry. It would be 'counter productive', and things won't go well for Evan at the ministry since you and Rory are married." Rory and Evan were not following. "I don't understand." Dumbledore gave them a sorrowful look. "If you start treating the students who earned detention, Fudge will not like it. Their punishments will be a waste and will probably start despising you more. Since Evan works there, he will probably be dismissed from his job. Unfortuneately, we cannot have that as we need him as a spy. But I do not wish for my students to go through the pain, so the only option is for you two to..." He trailed off. "What get a divorce?" Evan joked with a smile. Rory was about to laugh at the ridiculousness but stopped abruptly when Dumbledore kept his sorrowful face. 

Evan saw the old mans face, "We're not getting a divorce right?" He asked hesitantly. Dumbledore sighed for the millionth time. "You don't actually have to get divorced, but you have to convince everyone you are. Evan would tell the ministry that Rory is no longer his wife because she doesn't believe in the ministry. That way, Evan can keep his job and give everyone the impression that he is on the ministry's side. While Rory can help the students getting hurt without any damage on Evan." Evan was speechless, and Rory was not sure how she felt about it. "W-what about the kids?" Rory asked. "I'm afraid they will have to be kept in the dark aswell." Evan shook his head. "As much as this is a smart but bad idea, I don't think we can fool the weasleys or even Severus!" Rory agreed. 

"In that case, you will have to shut down and isolate yourself from everybody. I am giving you the option of either faking a divorce or letting the children remain hurt." Rory and Evan looked at each other. "It's not like we're actually getting divorced, we just have to act. It's better than the kids getting those stupid scars." Evan reasoned. "But Ev, the kids won't take it lightly! And they probably won't like you!" Rory said. Evan shrugged. "Rory, this is the only way we can get closer to getting what we need! Nothing will change between us, just that we can't act like a couple in public." Rory huffed and weighed the options. "Fine, just don't find anyone new while we get 'divorced'" She said finally giving in. Evan smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Like anyone could replace you." Dumbledore cleared his throat and brought both of their attention back.

"Alright, starting tomorrow, you two will be 'divorced'. Evan will tell the ministry and Rory you will temporarily change your last name back to Dunlap. You will need to send a letter to the children tomorrow morning, aswell to the Weasleys. From there the news will spread. I still want you both to come during Christmas to headquarters, then leave once more. Do not answer any questions asked." They both sighed and were dismissed. "You go back to the room, I need to go see Molly and Harry." Rory said. Evan hugged her. "I love you Rory." Rory leaned on her husband, soon-to-be fake ex-husband. "Love you to Evan." They parted ways, Rory going to Gryffindor tower.

****

"Hippogriff," Rory muttered to the portrait. The fat lady was not happy to be woken up but opened for the witch. Rory entered the red room, where she saw Harry, Ron, Hermione and Molly all sitting by the fire talking in hushed voices. "You need to tell Dumbledore!" Hermione whispered. Rory snuck up behind them and cleared her throat, scaring the hell out of them. She spoke in a stern voice. "Molly and Harry, come to the hospital wing with me, NOW!" They obeyed immediately and walked quietly to the infirmary. She set them down on beds and muttered to herself. She got them a vile of her potion and motioned them to drink up. She had an annoyed face on. "Next time, I want you to come straight to me." Harry knew they were defeated and Molly kept her head down. "Harry, you're dismissed. Go straitght back to your dorm." She said. When he left the wing, Rory's attention was on her second daughter. "You're reason for not telling me?" She asked.

Molly looked up to her, with a slightly irritated face. "There was no need. I was fine on my own." She muttered. Rory furrowed her eyebrows. "No need? Molly, you were hurt! What good will it do to keep it a secret?" Rory was starting to raise her voice. "I couldn't come to you every time I get little injuries! I'm 15 mum! I can handle things on my own!" Molly said it in a tone that Rory did not like. "Just because you are old enough doesn't mean I stop being your mum!" Molly scoffed. "Yea? Well, you weren't much of a mum this summer! You kept us all in the dark and didn't pay much attention!" Tention was rising." That's because I had to take care of the order and Harry!" The elemental rolled her eyes. "Ah yes, Harry. It's always Harry this, Harry that! I'm his godmother. And the order? We wanted to know more about it! And you didn't tell us a single thing!" Molly crossed her arms. 

"Are you still hung up on that? You are not old enough to be in the order! And as for Harry-" She was cut off. "Harry got his questions answered right when he came!" "That's not my fault! It was Sirius who told him!" Molly muttered something under her breath and Rory heard. Rory was now frustrated. "Molly! Just stay out of it! Like Tina and-" Rory crossed the line. "Like Tina?" Molly asked furiously. "That's not what-" Rory started. "No mum, Everyone is always like 'Oh she looks just like Rory! Too bad she doesn't act like her' or 'Tina is so perfect! Wonder why Molly is like that!' I'm always getting compared to my perfect mother or sister, and I'm sick of it! Just because I have your brown hair and eyes makes everyone believe that I'm the smart and kind Hufflepuff that is always freaking right! Everyone expects me to be you! They all want me to be the mini perfect Rory. Well, guess what? I'm not! I'm clumsy and dumb but does anyone realize that I'm not my mother? NO!" Molly started walking towards the exit, Rory trying to chase after her. "That's not what I meant Molly! I just wanted you to be safe!"

Molly turned abruptly to look at her mother. "I don't need you to protect me. There's a reason why I'm in Gryffindor, I don't need your help." She turned to walk away again. "Molly Rosier! Don't walk away from your mother-!" Molly turned back with the same deathly glare as Rory. "I can, you aren't my mother." And left Rory standing there petrified, with her heart in pain like it was under the cruciate curse.

__________

Sorry for the late update.