|05|

five
_________________________

After school, the trio went to the woods to find Scott's inhaler that he dropped when he was apparently being chased by the big bad wolf. Scott's sudden talent for lacrosse was unexplainable but, still, Stiles and Brie were happy for there best friend anyway.

"I don't know what it was," Scott started as he jumped into a river of water instead of simply going around it.  "It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball."

Brie didn't want to get her shoes wet so instead she looked around for a crossing. She saw a fallen down tree nearby and decided to try and balance on it.

When she was about half way there, she lost her balance but thankfully, Stiles held out his hand for the blonde girl and helped her keep her balance for the rest of the walk over the river.

She smiled gratefully at him and turned her attention back to Scott.

"And that not the only weird thing." Scott continued. "I hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

"Smell things?" Brie repeated, following behind Scott while keeping her eyes on the ground.

"Like what?" Stiles asked, letting out a short laugh at how ridiculous Scott sounded.

"Like Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott replied.

Stiles stopped walking and began to reach into his pocket. Brie stopped beside Stiles with her brows furrowed. "I don't even have any Mint Mojito...." Stiles trailed off as he pulled some Mint Mojito gum out of his pocket.

"Weird." Brie muttered to herself, narrowing her eyes and staring into space as she thought about the whole situation. "I can't think of any logical explanation for this."

Stiles gave Scott a sceptical look. "So all this started with a bite."

"What if this is like an infection, like my body is flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"  Scott rambled.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this." Stiles said. "It's a specific kind of infection."

Brie raised an eyebrow at Stiles, wondering where he was going with this. He gave her a quick wink while Scott's back was still turned.

"Are you serious?" Scott questioned, now facing both Stiles and Brie.

"Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy." Stiles said in full seriousness.

Brie struggled not to laugh, immediately catching on to what Stiles was saying. She has read a lot of books about all kinds of stuff. Werewolves, vampires, wizards, fairies, you name it. Her bookshelf at home was overflowing with books throughout the years. Besides, she was very interested in Greek mythology when she was younger.

"What's that? Is it bad?" Scott asked frantically, obviously becoming nervous at Stiles' words.

"Oh yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month." the blonde girl joined in, managing to keep a serious face like Stiles.

"Once a month?" Scott repeated.

"On the night of the full moon." Stiles then mimicked a wolf howling. Brie and Stiles both burst into laughter earning a shoved from Scott.

"Hey, you're the one that heard a wolf howling," Brie defended through her laughter as they continued walking again.

"There could be something seriously wrong with me!" Scott said, getting frustrated that the pair weren't taking the situation seriously.