|24|

twenty four
______________________

Luckily, the other two teenagers were too focused on the part of Stiles jeep that just flew through the window.

"That's my battery," Stiles informed and Brie began to get up.

Scott grabbed her not bloody arm. "Don't move."

"We have to move," she urged, sitting back down.

"He could be right outside," Scott continued.

"He is right outside," Stiles chimed in.

"Just let me take a look," Scott offered and didn't wait for a reply before he began to crouch to look outside.

That's when Stiles noticed the blood on her arm. He opened his mouth to say something but she shushed him.

"I'm fine," she whispered, taking off her jumper to wipe the blood off. She wiped it one or twice and saw that underneath there was evidence of a cut but it wasn't bleeding out. An ugly scar was still showing though, she was sure that would go away in a few days. "See?"

Stiles didn't look convinced but still turned his attention back to Scott. "Anything?"

"No," Scott replied carefully.

"Okay, let's move," Brie walked away from the wall, still crouching down so she couldn't be seen with the two boys following behind her.

They made it to the hallways where Stiles pointed out that they should go somewhere without windows. They decided on the boys locker rooms and so the trio ran quietly towards the locker rooms.

"Call your dad," Scott said once they closed the door behind them.

"And tell him what?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know anything. There's a gas leak, a fire, whatever," Scott suggested. "If that thing sees the parking lot filled with cop cars, it'll take off."

"And what if it doesn't?" Brie argued. "We don't know what that thing is capable of yet, Scott. Calling the Sheriff will only add more risks."

"What if it goes completely terminator and kills every cop in site," Stiles added. "Including my dad?"

"They have guns," Scott shrugged.

"Yeah, and Derek had to be shot with a wolfsbane-laced bullet to even slow him down, you remember that?" Stiles said as Brie began to walk around the locker room, making sure no one was there.

"We have to find a way out and just run for it," Scott said hopelessly.

"There's nothing near this school for at least a mile," Brie chimed in. "And, no offense, but that beast can definitely out run each and everyone of us without even trying."

"What about Derek's car?"

Both Brie and Stiles thought for a moment and shared a look before Stiles spoke. "That could work. We go outside, we get the keys off his body, and then we take his car."

"We have to take him as well," Brie sighed. "If someone sees his dead body on the school grounds tomorrow and then catches us with his car and keys, we're fucked."

They agreed and began to move around the locker room. Stiles reached for the door until Scott grabbed his arm.

"What?"

"I think I heard something," Scott whispered.

"Like what?" Stiles freaked.

"Shh, quiet."

They stood in silence as they listened for anything. Scott was the one to break the silence by whispering, "Hide."

The two of them ran into lockers but Brie didn't move. She wanted to hear what Scott heard. She'll hide in a minute, she just wanted to know what they were hiding from.

Thankfully, before anyone could see her, a hand grabbed her and pulled her into a locker. She looked up and saw that she was pressed chest to chest against Stiles. The two made eye contact before Stiles put a finger to his mouth, gesturing for her to be quiet.

Her heart was beating like crazy for two reasons. One, she could hear the door opening outside, and two, she was so close to Stiles.

She had to tear her eyes away in the hopes he wouldn't see the blush she could feel forming on her face. Luckily, Stiles was too busy hiding his own red face to even notice hers.

They heard someone walking around right outside the locker and Brie put her hands and head on Stiles chest to try and calm herself down. Stiles heartbeat only quickened at that.

She reached up and covered his mouth and he did the same to her.

The heard a scream of a man and instantly opened the door and began to shush him. It was the janitor.

"Son of a bitch!" the janitor shouted as they tried to tell him to be quiet. "Quiet my ass, what the hell are you trying to do, kill me? All three of you get out."

"Just listen for half a second, okay?" Stiles said.

"Not okay," the janitor replied, still panting from the scare. "Get the hell out of here right now."

He pushed the three of them out of the locker room, not listening to their pleas. Once they were pushed out, something grabbed the janitor back into the locker room and the door slammed.

They could hear the janitor scream and saw the janitor being pushed up against the blurred window on the door, covered in his own blood.

Scott tried to open the door to save him while Brie and Stiles pulled him back.

"It's too late, Scott," Brie said over the screaming. "We gotta run."

And so they ran down the hallway. They ran all they way to exit door that they knew led outside but as they went to open them, they wouldn't budge. Scott poked his head out the door.

"It's a dumpster," Scott told them. A dumpster was in front of the door, stopping it from opening fully.

"He pushed it in front of the door," Stiles sighed.

"To block us in," Brie added. "That little bastard."

"Come on, help me," Stiles pleaded as he began to shove against the door.

Scott pulled him back. "Stiles, stop!"

"I'm not dying here," Stiles demanded. "I'm not dying at school."

"We're not going to die," Scott comforted.

"The odds aren't looking to great, Scotty," Brie sighed, keeping a look out for the Alpha.

"God," Stiles said, frantically waving his arms with panic. "What is he doing? What does he want?"

"Me," Scott answered. "Derek says it's stronger with a pack."

"Yeah, great," Stiles said sarcastically. "A psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's beautiful."

Brie looked out the window and saw the beast staring back at her. She held out her arm to stop the two boys, unable to speak. They both instantly saw what she was looking at.

The Alpha began running at them at full speed which caused the trio to sprint away. It smashed through the window and began chasing after them.

They made a turn and ran down the stairs.

Brie heard a whisper in her head.

"Dabria," the voice whispered. Only it wasn't just a voice, it was an echo of voices, swimming through her head. "You can't run from this. It's only a matter of time."

Her head was pounding. She didn't even know what hit her but she fell to the ground.

She didn't know what happened next. The only thing she saw was black.

___________________________________

this chapters shorter but yano, its g .

vote and comment <3