|39|

thirty nine
______________________

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked as the three girls walked towards the school.

It was Lydia's first day back since everything that happened and Brie just knew there would be rumours and looks being given to her all day.

"They call it a fugue state," Lydia replied. "Which is basically a way of saying we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days."

"At least your okay," Brie pointed out. "I thought we'd go crazy looking for you."

"But personally, I don't care," Lydia went on. "I lost nine pounds."

Allison and Brie chuckled at Lydia's upbeat attitude.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked, knowing first hand how brutal teens can be.

"Please," Lydia sighed. "It's not like my aunts a serial killer."

She turned away from them both and Brie leaned in to say something to Allison.

"I really thought two days alone in the woods would traumatise her enough to flip over a new leaf and start being nice."

"If anything, it's made her bitchier," Allison laughed. "She'll be back to normal in a few days."

They followed the girl into the school and saw everyone stop and stare at them.

"Maybe it's the five pounds," Allison whispered to her, trying to comfort her.

This seemed to work as Lydia held her head up higher and began walking.

Brie clapped her hands together once loudly. "You freaks gonna keep staring or would you rather take a picture?" she announced as she followed after the strawberry blonde.

The made it to the lockers when Lydia turned back to Brie.

"So, Brie," she chirped. "How was the dance with Stiles? After I left to dance with Thomas."

Brie felt herself blush. "It was good," she smiled at the memory. "We kissed."

Her mouth dropped and she let out a gasp.

"No way."

"Yes way," Brie smiled even wider. "And when I woke up in hospital, he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"And they are super cute together, you should see them," Allison joined in. "Scott totally freaks out every time ye show any sort of affection. He says he's been waiting for it to happen for too long now."

"Well, he better not hurt you," Lydia pursed her lips. "God have mercy on him if he does."

~~~~

Brie had heard that the police were at school. News travels fast in a place like this. From only a few questions asked to the right people she learnt that they were currently at the pitch, talking to someone on the team.

So the girl was now freaking out.

There could be a few different possibilities.

Scott was in trouble with the police.

Stiles was in trouble with his dad, (she ruled this one out because Sheriff wouldn't show up to school with a couple of his colleges just to yell at his son.)

Some other random guy was in trouble.

Either way, she wanted to know what was going on.