|10|

ten
_____________________________

"Good luck, I guess?" Stiles said to Scott as he walked into the morgue at Beacon Hills hospital. Now him and Brie were left alone to wait for him to be finished and make sure no one walks in the morgue while he is in there, sniffing the dead body or whatever.

"So, now we wait," Brie said as she walked over to the sitting area. She saw Lydia there and decided to take the seat beside her, seeing that she was obviously on the phone.

Stiles was leaning against the counter, mentally giving himself a pep talk. He was going to tell Brie. He was confident.

He walked over and leaned up against the wall, facing the blonde haired girl.

"So, Brie," he started, still trying to think of the right words.

"Mhm," she hummed back, showing she was listening.

"I've been meaning to tell you something. I've been meaning to tell you for a while but I could just never find the right words, or the right time," he scratched his head nervously.

"Yes?" she encouraged. She never saw Stiles seem so nervous, so when he was nervous, she automatically got nervous as well. It just happened.

"I was wondering if you wanted-"

"Brie!" Lydia squealed, grabbing her friends hand in excitement. "I have news!" she sang.

"Lydia, you can't just interrupt people like that," Brie scolded.

"This is important!" the strawberry blonde exclaimed, not taking any notice to Stiles standing there. "It's about a certain you-know-who

"It can wait," she turned to face Stiles again and gave him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, you were saying?"

Stiles saw Lydia giving him a death glare from behind the clueless Brie. The nerves became too much for him as he decided to abandon mission.

"No, it's not important," he dismissed while laughing and shaking his head. "I can tell you another time."

"Great!" Lydia chirped, bringing Brie's attention back on to her. Brie didn't believe the Stilinski boy. It just seemed like he was really nervous and his sudden change of mood doesn't make sense. "Okay, so I just got off the phone with Rachel, you know she's the one going out with Tom-"

"I'm just going to sit- you don't care." Stiles tried tell Brie as he took the seat around the corner.

"-And basically, Tom told Rachel that Lucas is totally into you!" she beamed. "I'm an amazing matchmaker, I know."

Brie faked a smile. "That's great, Lyds."

Stiles was eavesdropping on their conversation from where he was sitting. His heart dropped. He knew that Lucas liked Brie, I mean that much was obvious, but did Brie like him back. He wouldn't be surprised if she did. I mean he's a good looking guy and he's actually on the lacrosse team. It was stupid for him to even assume Brie would ever like him back. He didn't have any of that to offer, he was just Stiles.

"I know! We could totally double date," Lydia smiled while Stiles literally gagged. Brie looked over the Martin girls shoulder and saw a very grumpy looking Jackson approaching.

"Who pissed in his cereal?" Brie asked, raising a brow in judgement.

Lydia turned and saw her boyfriend approaching. "That's my cue, bye!" she said as she got up and left to talk to him. "Did he do it?"

Brie didn't listen to the rest of their conversation, it didn't seem important. Instead she went over to Stiles

"Again, I'm sorry. Lydia likes to think that she is like most important person in the world at times," she apologized, sitting down beside her best friend. "Are you sure it wasn't important?"